[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GARO Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 268
Thread images: 52

File: Tabibito-San.jpg (22KB, 620x220px) Image search: [Google]
Tabibito-San.jpg
22KB, 620x220px
One week was all it took.

>B.B Single - Out now
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=655079
>Focus Single - February 25
>Radio CD Garo Honoo no Kokuin Makai Communication vol 1 - Febuary 25
>OST - March 11
>GOLDSTORM Tv Series - April, film premiering in March
>GARO Omake
https://mega.co.nz/#F!ThwCnDQZ!9JW5e-J921xgbzZ7CtaK5Q
>OST's
https://mega.co.nz/#F!wgpWjSha!jJ5aBGuRrV7SdixctRqhVQ
>>
>>12148244
So has Romi said anything? She seemed pretty cool, from that episode with the voice actors.
>>
Oh man do people genuinely care about shipping with what was Leon's Four and the oldest motivation trick in the book but with even less character.
>>
Let's talk about how bad season 3 was.
>>
>>12148374
I've completely avoided watching that and skipped to Makai no Hana but I've got to watch it at some point before Gold Storm comes out. What am I in for?
>>
>>12148257
No, it's just Lara's VA's reaction is hilarious.

Now she's going on about how she'll serve Mendooza forever.
>>
>>12148770
A decent show with some interesting ideas. As long as you aren't one of the "Not muh Garo" people it's reasonably entertaining.
>>
>>12148770
It's not as bad as some people here say it is, but it's not good either. Makai no Hana has its own share of issues but they aren't as big as the ones in YamiTera.
>>
>>12148770
If you like it, you'll say it's good.
If you don't like it, you'll say it's bad.
Same thing goes for the people that will reply to this post.
Fact is that it got a movie green-lighted right after its run ended. And one year later it turned out that said movie would be the episode 0 for TV sequel. So it must appeal to a lot of people.
>>
>>12148828

YamiTera is just bad, but I think Makai Flower is worse by virtue of being boring, aside from a couple of exceptions.

The movie episode was great, but on the whole the series didn't really go in any interesting directions. Our three main characters were completely one dimensional and I couldn't bring myself to care about any of them.

I didn't care about YamiTera's characters because I didn't like them and they didn't give me a reason to feel anything but annoyance. I just... didn't care about MnH's characters. I have no real opinions or thoughts on any of them.
>>
>>12148770

The first half is complete garbage. The second half improved enough to make me look forward to Goldstorm. It's definitely the worst Garo series but it's worth a watch if you're a fan of the franchise.
>>
>>12148897
That's exactly my point. You can say that much of Makai no Hana: some MotW episodes were pretty good, some weren't, and a lot were downright boring. Characters were a bit on the bland side and the overreaching plot was kind of dull. That's it.

YamiTera on the other hand... I don't know. I did like the show, but I know it was pretty bad.

At the end of the day I liked more Makai no Hana, but I think is because of the goodwill the "Sejima name" carries, not because it was way better than YamiTera.
>>
>>12148918

Seconded. Thankfully, things picked up on the second half. While it's still a clusterfuck you gotta at least appreciate all the great fight scenes and the cool armor when they were around.

I guess having Sonshi around makes things better.

Also, fuck. That recent episode was pretty good.
>>
>I'm searching for my husband, who is now a Horror
>I don't like Makai Knights because they talk down to Priests and didn't let me kill my husband years ago

I expected this, but it was still a good episode.
>>
>>12149077
>I don't like Makai Knights because they talk down to Priests and didn't let me kill my husband years ago

That and they failed to kill the Horror they said they were going to kill, it was 3 vs 1 too.

Guess they were mook Knights with no title.
>>
>>12149077

Did you expect May-December drunken grief fucking?
>>
>>12149135
I called this way back when Ema was introduced.
>>
>>12148374
It's actually weird that Western fans hate it so much, seeing as it had the second highest ratings of any live-action Garo, only surpassed by the original (and just barely).

By comparison, MakaiSenki bombed and had the worst ratings so far.
>>
>>12149218

Because, as we've gone over time and time again in multiple threads about multiple shows over the years, nips have the worst taste in the world.
>>
>>12149338
Well, if Garo 3 hadn't been popular, we wouldn't be getting Goldstorm Rush and we might not have even gotten Makai Flower or the anime.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Even Amemiya admitted MnH isn't successful as he has predicted.
It's the first time he wrote something like that on his own blog (September 28, 2014).
>>
>>
>>
>>12148782
I would love to see that in books at summer comiket
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Last one
>>
Magical dog-fighting including guided missiles and flares aside, this was just an average episode. The ending was actually the most interesting part. How old is Ema? Late twenties/early thirties?
>>
>>12151241
read the thread
>>
>No, no, please. I have a wound there.
>>
>>12151241

26. Leon is 17, maybe 18.
>>
>>12152118
So did Leon leave Zaruba on?
>>
>>12153802
Can Zaruba vibrate?
>>
>>12152118
Come on, this is good for both of us!
>>
>>12153802
Zaruba likes to watch.
>>
>>12153812
Don't see why he couldn't.

>>12153818
He probably watched Raiga's conception as well.
>>
>>12153802
>>12153812
>>12153818
>>12153822
Well, now we know why Taiga, Kouga, and Raiga had a box to put him in.
>>
The ponytail sword blew my fucking mind
>>
>>12150354

I love the camera movement at the end there.

MAPPA is so fucking based.
>>
I didn't really care for the episode. I don't care about Ema's past, and it wasn't anything interesting or original.

>>12152118
So, did they actually fuck?
>>
New Yurugaro.

>>12154404
Maybe.
>>
Tusk of Thunder - Orchestral Version when?
>>
>>12148897

That's basically my feelings too.

I have no strong feelings on any of Makai no Hana's characters, but actively disliked YamiTera's cast. Apart from the villains, they were pretty rad. I was actually rooting for Sonshi during that one episode where he beats all three protagonists like ginger stepchildren.

>>12149135

Things I didn't expect:
- Lara dying that quickly
- Leon shagging Ema
- Weaponized ponytail
>>
>>12154025

Zaruba seems to zone out when he isn't being addressed or addressing someone. Is he actually -in- the ring, or does e just connect to it from the Makai realm?
>>
>>12156346
Everyone was rooting for Sonshi on those scenes.
>>
File: season3.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
season3.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>12156383

I remember thinking that it'd have been the best plot twist ever if Sonshi had killed all three of them and become the protagonist, and the rest of the show is just backwards henceforth. Sonshi gets an email from the steakhouse about a new Makai Knight/Priest in town, and Sonshi just goes there and kills them in an upside down MotW format

Still, that scene provided a screencap that perfectly sums up YamiTera succinctly.
>>
>>12156383
>All three Knights don armour
>still got rekt
Fucking amazing.
>>
http://over-ti.me/releases/tougen-flute-garo-sidestory/
>>
>>12156403
Holy shit, they finally did it. First time I'm watching it, TV-N was just too shit. Time for lesbians!
>>
>>12156383
No?

The hate for YamiTera is hilariously exaggerated at times. I honestly think people just weren't ready for the change in main character personalities. Ryuga and Kouga are polar opposites and it shows, and I think that bothered people a lot. YamiTera was the first show to have a more active story arc and I loved that because it's one of the reasons I couldn't get into the first two shows. Granted, Makai Senki had a ton more world building, but overall YamiTera has always struck me as the best of the Garo shows.
>>
>>12156441

I can't speak for anybody else, but I actually much preferred the villains to the heroes in YamiTera.

There's a whole lot I disliked about it, such as the really awkward CG fights, the (to me) unlikable protagonists, I found the core story arc kind of boring (since I happen to be a fan of the Horror anthology format of the other seasons), the Horror designs mostly uninteresting, etc.

That being said, I liked the fact that Kaneshiro didn't have kind of a tragic backstory or anything and was just a tosser. Sonshi was a complete badass. Ryuga grew on me by the end, enough that I'm planning to give Goldstorm a go.

I don't hate YamiTera, and instead would agree with the above Anon's assertion that it's "the worst Garo but still worth a watch".
>>
>>12156468
The thing about MnH is that it had occasional fantastic episodes, but as a whole was less than great. But YamiTera didn't. It hovered around the level of "sort-of-decent" all the time.
>>
>>12156441
For me, the main points are the same as in here >>12156468 You don't have to hate something to know that it was bad.

MotW is Garo as its best, individual episodes are way better than any overreaching plot, and this is true for every single instance in the franchise.
>>
>>12155913
If you're talking about the version from the orchestra fight, never, it wasn't included in the OST.
>>
>>12156493
But you have to hate something to state your unfavorable opinion towards it as a fact...
>>
>>12156375
>does e just connect to it from the Makai realm?
This one. He's got a real body somewhere else. The source is some book that I can't remember the name of, but that also teases that Gonza has found some vitality granting hot spring.
>>
>>12156509
I think it was posted a few threads back, on some guy's tumblr. I think it was called Hagane no Kouko or something?
>>
>>12156508

I liked YamiTera and I know that it was a bad series.
>>
>>12156468
Ryuga was always likeable for me, and I started to like the cowgirl after her focus episode. I couldn't give a shit about the other two.
>>
>>12156484

Yeah, MnH had memorable episodes like the one with Tamasaburo from Kamen Rider Kuuga and the horror movies, the one with Gonza's day out, or that really icky one with the rapist and his corpse waifu.

By contrast, the only specific episodes of YamiTera that I can remember much of are the one where Sonshi beats the protagonists up, and the one where Ryuga loses his eyes only for his mom to deus ex machina them back.
>>
>>12156508
Bad writing is not an "opinion" YamiTera was badly written, that is a fact. It's bad for that reason.

Opinion are "unlikable cast" and "overreaching plot was boring." See the difference? I still liked the show, but it was bad.
>>
>>12156526
Well, you certainly prove me wrong. You don't need to hate something to state your opinion as a fact. You just need to be that kind of person. Truth is you liked YamiTera and you think it's a bad series.
>>
>>12156538

Know. I know it was a bad series.
>>
>>12156537
"Bad writing" is as much of a buzzword as "unlikeably cast" and "overreaching plot was boring." When you state that kind of thing as a fact, you're giving you more credit at judging something over someone who thinks differently, while the right thing is considerate that everyone is a fat neckbeard with equaly valid opinions. A lot of people think of themselves as expert critics while they're as average joe as you and me (and even publicly acknowledged "expert critics" speak BS all the time).
>>
>>12155364
Lara trolling again
>>
>>12156573
"Unlikable cast" is a personal and subjective opinion, the same goes for "overreaching plot was boring" those aren't buzzwords. Edgy,for example, is a buzzword.

Bad writing is when you commit some "mistakes" while plotting a story. YamiTera has a few. From the top of my head:

1- Ryuuga blindness amounting to anything.
2- The deus-ex-machina way in that that same blindness was cured.
3- Rian being just there and not having a real personality.

I would have to rewatch to pick more, but those aren't the only ones.
>>
>>12156623
Lian was a less slutty Fujiko

i.e. she was Nami from One Piece

and probably the girl from Persona 5
>>
>>12156623
But at least 1 and 2 are you just underrating the background behind Ryuga and Hakana's plot. Everyone talks about how León has been through a lot of bad stuff, but Ryuga easily got it worse.

He lived happily with his mother for twelve years (IIRC). She passed on her feelings towards Garo to him so they both made their promise that she would restore the armor and that he would become a knight worth of doning it. He spent 10 years alone in an island training with just a "magic dog" to make him company. When he gets back he is forced to kill the being that was his only friend during half his life. He overcame the ordeal and obtained Garo just to learn that his mother was dead all these years. Then let's skip to the blindness part. He gets blinded in a fight, which leads to the episode where he shows what he's made of. After this, he suddenly gets reunited with his mom. He is extremely happy even if he can't see her. The he gets his sight back, at the cost of his mother's. You cal this "deus ex machina," but have you ever thought of how would you feel if your mother did something like that for you? Even though they reunited, they never were able to see each other at the same time. Also in the first place, one should have expected that there would exist Makai Priests skilled enough to recover him, maybe even without sacrificing anything. Even real life ophtalmologists might be able to do something like that in the future. The thing is one expected blindness to be the great disgrace of Ryuga, when something a lot worse was waiting for him. Then, short after he reunited with his mom, and she traded her sight for his own, they are finally able to restore the armor's gold radiance, just for Ryuga to have to kill his mother afterwards. He has to deprive himself of that which is the most important thing in most people's life, specially in his case. With all of this, I personally think that Ryuga has had to face the worst shit among all the Garos we know.
>>
>>12156804

That's all jolly emotional and all, but it's still completely ridiculous.

It's not like she literally gave him her functioning eyes or anything, she just metaphysically fixed his sight because the writers realized that having Ryuga stumble around fighting blindly for the rest of the show would be obnoxious to choreograph.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/3711369

So, YamiTera or Makai no Hana?
>>
>>12156839
So what? At this is point this is you looking down on the subject just because. "That's all jolly and emotional" you say, well yes, it is, it's the point of this kind of story, it's pretty much the bpoint of GARO. And given the limitation you mention it was obvious they were "forced" to give Ryuga his sight back, but they managed to made it a real issue during a whole episode, and then found a meaningful symbolic way to restore it. What if she didn't literally trade her eyes for his? She still traded her sight for his, it's practically the same and it's just how magic works. We've seen Makai Priest pull off all kind of shit, so this is nothing out of their league. I think the writers greatest effort here was put in how they handled the time they had Ryuga blind, given how impractical it would have been for making the show to have the protagonist be permanently blind, as you pointed out, and the fact that the GARO universe easily allowed the condition to be healed by magic.
>>
>>12156885
Makai no Hana had a few really great standalone episodes. I don't know if I can say the same about YamiTera.
>>
>>12156934

You can dress it up however you like, but really the whole blindness arc was just a way for them to force some character development in Ryuga by giving him some hardship without actually committing to any real consequences.

Instead of something interesting, like Ryuga suffering an actual, permanent loss and having to build himself back up, he just gets an episode where he heroically stumbles around swinging his fists and yelling. And then mom magics his eyes back and the show moves on.
>>
>>12156989
>but really the whole blindness arc was just a way for them to force some character development in Ryuga by giving him some hardship without actually committing to any real consequences.

Yes, it is as you say, but you're writing like it was an inherently bad thing while it wasn't. It didn't "force some character development in Ryuga" it simply acounted to character development in Ryuga, you shouldn't need to add derogative words to back your point. I think it was OK, the blindness episode was awesome for me and I've seen a lot of people praise it as really epic (my personal favourite of the whole franchise). As I said before, a problem is that people expected the blindness to be the greatest disgrace for Ryuga. It wasn't, it was cured right away. But for me that's OK for me story-wise, because they had Ryuga face a far greater disgrace a couple of episodes later. Plus, both subplots were related because having to kill his mom, is not just inherently terrible, but she also was the one who saved him from blindness. And I agree that permanently blind Ryuga would make for a far more interesting story, but they simply can't do that. Are there any similar action productions that have pulled off blind protagonist? They could have tried to keep him blind for the last few episodes, but if they were going to follow with a sequal, it would probably be too much trouble so they'd had to heal him anyway, and doing so in that moment would have come out much more ass-pully than what we got.
>>
Now I'm sad that Ryuga didn't become Zatoichi.
>>
I don't know, I prefer YamiTera over MnH. At least YamiTera had a plot even as off the wall silly as it could be. They've basically gotten rid of the only two real problems in Goldstorm.

MnH took 90% of its run to even remember it had a story. Crow never got a single shred of on screen development, he just shows up each episode more developed than the last time which is dumb considering how much his background played into the finale. Raiga was just perfect the whole way through with next to nothing really shown about him except that he's a perfect knight.

If the whole season had been nothing but the cooking adventures of Gonza and Mayuri it would have improved MnH 100%.
>>
>>12148770
I would basically echo the opinions of those who think it isn't that bad with addendum that every little good bit about it is generally much, much better done in the anime.
>>
This episode felt like a Bayonetta anime done right.
>>
>>12157190

I would, no word of a lie, watch an entire series of Gonza just doing housework.

With an episode that shockingly reveals that on his days off, Gonza still acts in pink films to this day.
>>
>>12148897
I...liked Makai no Hana's first half. I liked that Raiga was closer to Kaoru in personality and Mayuri's "Am I really a human plot?". Crow was a bore, but it had some strong MoTW episodes. Sure there were a couple of clunkers right in the middle, but what Garo show doesn't have those? Everything after the Rei episode, though, was total fucking garbage with the exception of Raiga/Crow fight, which actually redeemed his character for me a bit. I'm not sure what was the worst part: the forced last minute plot, the complete lack of consequences for Eiji, that everything went roses for Mayuri with absolutely no effort at all, or the fact that we got a Deus Ex Machina via a fucking little bell.
>>
>>12157084
Blind swordsmen are sort of a big thing. Granted, most movies with blind swordsmen don't have GARO choreography, but it's not impossible to do. Fight scenes are already actor memorization for the most part: they would just have to give Ryuga a bandanna or some fancy Makai eye covering that would let the actor partially see while acting blind. Wirework still works to an extent with impaired sight, as the wires help guide the actor's movement. And once they switch to the Garo suit (CG or physical), it's suit acting as usual.

I mean, why
>>
>>12157230

Makai no Hana definitely fell off the wagon toward the end for me, but overall I liked it.

>>12157243

And they could have had him train during the gap between YamiTera and Goldstorm (or even during the last few episodes of YamiTera) to learn how to fight without sight.

As far as afflictions go, blindness isn't some kind of insurmountable hurdle, especially for a guy who is already a superhuman.
>>
>>12157190
I would actually argue that YamiTera was the most well plotted Garo outside of the anime. The majority of Garo has MnH's main problem to some degree, even Makai Senki jams most of it's plot at the ten, and it's unarguably the best of the franchise. YamiTera was basically all about uncovering the secrets of Vol City its whole run time, giving us plot revelations week by week. But the focus on plot was to the detriment of good MotW episodes.

I think YamiTera's biggest problem, much more than an unlikeable cast, which I mostly disagree with, is the fact that it so entirely fucked with the visual iconography of Garo. It was just the overuse of CG, it was the fact that horrors didn't really feel like horrors. The whole, "we turn people into soul things" felt clean compared to the gruesome ways we've seen horrors consume humans in previous Garo shows. Moreover, that horrors come out of people being simply bad people is a central part of the show. Removing it just makes Garo some other random toku show.
>>
>>12157341

Yeah, YamiTera definitely lacked that certain something style-wise. One of the aspects of Garo that I've always really liked was the fact that frequently, they're a monster long before being possessed by a Horror. By contrast, the Madou Horrors were basically just "people who got stabbed by a seed". It felt to me like they really liked the idea of the "magic bullets" episode of season 1 and decided to build an entire show out of that.

And the thing about how the Horrors in season 3 eat was something that didn't sit right with me either. I apologize for this but, I think YamiTera took some of the horror out of Horrors.
>>
>>12157411
>One of the aspects of Garo that I've always really liked was the fact that frequently, they're a monster long before being possessed by a Horror.
I always felt that this was a major weakness. It made many of the plots feel samey to me.
>>
>>12157341
>even Makai Senki jams most of it's plot at the ten, and it's unarguably the best of the franchise.
>But the focus on plot was to the detriment of good MotW episodes.

I thought Makai Senki had the same problem though. Its plot was better-paced than the first season's but a lot of its standalone episodes weren't very good, or at least not as good as the first season's average.
>>
>>12152118
Our boya has become a man.
>>
>>12157559

It's Garo, everybody gets laid.

Well, except Rei because his waifu is dead.
>>
>>12157640
It also doesn't help that his closest thing to an alternative love interest is his Madou tool.

>>12157449
It can be repetitive: surely we all know what a typical episode of Garo looks like, but I think they've been able to tell a wide variety of stories within that structure. It mostly makes for a consistency that a deft writer can occasionally use as a basis for something greater. See this week and the Lizard guy rapist episode, even though they use a lot of the same elements of a more typical Garo plot.

That said it was interesting to see a Garo show try to plot where the horrors weren't victims too, but it just didn't work.

>>12157498
It didn't have the Samurai episode? Or the episode with the family that murdered people to feed their dead son's tree? Makai Senki has a lot of my favorite episodes.
>>
>>12157750
so Rei is a fucking virgin?
>>
>>12157750
I liked both of those, but I don't think any Makai Senki episode lived up to the first season's best (Magic Bullet).
>>
>>12157866
He could have boned Shizuka before she died.
>>
>>12157903

I think my favourite episode from season one was a toss up between the Magic Bullet one and the Aquarium one.

Season two would probably be the samurai one, the one with the stage actor, or the one with Nadagi Takeshi as the metalworker.

Season four would definitely be the horror movie episode.
>>
>>12157930

I always assumed he boned Shizuka before he died.

>>12157940

We talking favorite episodes on the Live Action series? Hmm:

My favorites on season 1 had to be that one where Kouga and Rei fought Kodama. Aquarium/Magic Bullet and Doctor too.

Makai Senki had cool stuff like the Samurai, Theater, and the entirety of the Finale. Also, Leo and Kaoru's Madou LSD trip was a fun watch.

On YamiTera, well. Sonshi. And BRIGHT HOPE has its cheesy charm.

On MnH. there's the Horror Movie and that guy who had a dead girl body waifu.
>>
>>12157994

>Madou LSD trip

That episode was great. It's a shame that MnH's attempt at the whole "let's find the Spirit Beast" episode was kind of feeble.
>>
>>12158016

I actually didn't finish MnH. Was the LSD trip equivalent the one where Mayu needs delicious soup and Gonza's actually a smooth as fuck ladies man?
>>
>>12158030

There's literally an episode in MnH where they find a baby Spirit Beast that a human had befriended, and Raiga takes the woman along with him to return the infant to its parents.

It was a decent episode but it lacked the surreal alien-ness of the original.
>>
This thread has a NICE TIMING. I was just looking for a place to ask where I could find the first Garo series.

Does anyone have a reliable Mega link or torrent batch?
>>
>>12158045

I have vague memories of seeing that.

>>12158049

Check the /krg/ or tokugen threads, their link also includes Garo stuff as far as I recall.
>>
>>12158062
Right. I was just about to go to /krg/ when I saw this thread and completely forgot about it. Thanks!
>>
>>12158016
I actually liked that one. It's one of the episodes that actually lets you feel like Raiga's a person.
>>
>>12158291

It was a good episode, but it kind of felt a bit too much like they were trying to recreate that episode from season 2 to me.
>>
>>12157940
The Metalworker one was probably Garo at its creepiest. I also appreciate it for having Kaoru's best moment: the one where she realizes she's about to walk in on a horror and just goes like, "I should leave."

As for MnH, the Horror Movie Guy was one hell of a highlight (he had a fucking Fulci homage!) and I'll always appreciate the Rei episode for feels. Also, even though the show should have been getting to an actual plot at that point, I kinda liked the Little Girl Illusion Horror guy.
>>
>>12158308
Well, obviously, but the episodes are doing slightly different things. The Senki episode was definitely the better acid trip, but I feel like the MnH episode had a slightly stronger emotional core, between the random girl's thing with her grandfather and Raiga's own regrets about not knowing his parents.

By the way, speaking about good Makai no Hana episodes, I'm surprised no one mentioned the House episode. It was fun seeing Garo slice down children.
>>
>>12158361

Family Time with Raiga was also fun to witness. My most favorite was with that creepy guy and his dead body waifus. MnH took a while to continue the tradition of tits in your face and then fucked up shit happening.
>>
>>12158326

>The Metalworker one was probably Garo at its creepiest.

Yeah, I loved it.

>>12158361

I suppose that's fair enough.

When I watched the house episode and noticed the rest of the family mimicking the grandpa's verbal tic, I wondered if they were all part of the grandpa.

Then the house turned out to be the Horror all along.

>>12158380

Oh god, that episode. That episode made me squirm in my seat, it was bloody brilliant.
>>
>>12158385
>>Oh god, that episode. That episode made me squirm in my seat, it was bloody brilliant.

>>12158380
>>Family Time with Raiga was also fun to witness. My most favorite was with that creepy guy and his dead body waifus. MnH took a while to continue the tradition of tits in your face and then fucked up shit happening.

It's because of stuff like this that despite Makai no Hana's terrible plot and ending I can't rank it lower than YamiTera. At the end of the day, it still felt like Garo in a fundamental way that YamiTera didn't. With maybe the exception of Enho's transformation and the Kaneshiro Tousei reveal, it never felt creepy in a way that Garo is supposed to feel.
>>
>>12158385

The worst part I had with watching that episode aside from the general uneasiness it gave was having the balls to watch it during a commute.

Holy shit. Also, as if it it hasn't been said enough, the movie episode was an incredibly fun romp.
>>
>>12158473
I also felt the movie episode was kind of an apology for YamiTera. When the horror was going on about the superiority of practical effects over CGI, you know that was pretty much the production staff going like, "Sorry about that guys."
>>
File: image.jpg (157KB, 575x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 575x1024px
GOLDSTORM will have Ryuga (in and out of suit) and Rian's combo attacks as its main feature, which is not available in other Garo series.
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 768x1024px
>>
>>12159179

He should have rocked that kind of hair during YamiTera. He looked kinda wrong back then.

Also, dat Rian.

On the note of combo attacks, haven't we had that with Jabi and Rekka?
>>
>>12159350
A makai knight and priest rather than two priests, yo.

Though I think Kouga and Jabi did something like that in the first season or the White Night movie.
>>
>>12149218
Usual japanese shit taste.
>>
>>12152118
Considering how busted and wasted Ema was, Leon likely did all the work.
>>
>>12159350
It's pretty universal in visual media that overdone hair is a sign of immaturity, which is why often the young rookie characters or the cocky geniuses have the craziest hair styles in a show. Now that Ryuga is really GARO he doesn't need the weird hair.

They've also toned down Rian's hair as well compared to YamiTera, while the antagonists in the TV Goldstorm have crazy hair.

You can see that dynamic in a lot of Japanese live action shows. They use that visual more than most.
>>
>>12158326
How about the clay sculpture guy? Or the flower arranger?
>>
>>12158469
>it never felt creepy in a way that Garo is supposed to feel
What about the episode with the fat horror that turned its hands into sexy sluts?

The estate agent who fed people to the horrors in the basement was pretty creepy too.
>>
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/569848395703934976/pu/vid/640x360/zsUh_N2mTMCydFI1.webm
>>
>>12160094

Then why do Kamen Riders always end a series with an unkempt mop of hair? It's like they don't even get it trimmed over the course of the series.

Look at Gentaro. His pompadour was fine at the beginning of Fourze, but soon turned into a single long, greased lock of hair reaching the tip of his nose.
>>
>>12160664
Damn, Garo making off videos are always awesome. Could you post more?
>>
>>12160926
There are more on youtube
but Kaneda made them private sometime last month so too bad for you
>>
>>12159179

He looks so much better when he isn't orange
>>
Anyone got a clean version of this week's end card?
>>
File: GARO HnK End Slate 19.jpg (261KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
GARO HnK End Slate 19.jpg
261KB, 1440x810px
>>12161246
Yes. You could have gone a frame or two backwards.
>>
>>12161253
I did and that was the best one I could get it seemed. Leopard Raws.
>>
>>12161258
Do you even ctrl+←?
>>
The CGI from Garo really improved over the years.
>>
>>12160664

If I remember correctly, everyone mostly does their own stunts right?

>>12160400

Those were definitely one of the better horrors in YamiTera aside from the big three Madou Horrors.

While unrelated, that former AV star/Go-Onger Girl Nao Oikawa kept up the tits horror tradition too. I liked the concept of her turning into her victim's fetish before she completely eats them. Also scarf battles.
>>
>If I remember correctly, everyone mostly does their own stunts right?
Only for close-ups. The only actor who did his own stunt is Kuriyama (Ryuga). Others have body doubles.
>>
>>12162919
What kind of stunt are you referring with your post. Everyone has used doubles at some point, it depends on various factors.
>>
>>12160400
I'll agree on the Estate Agent Episode, especially when Sonshi showed up at the end. However, it felt a little undercut to me when we ended up at the horror food factory and saw the younger brother in blue transparent ghost form.
>>
>>12163213
Kaneda says they had double ready for Kuriyama, but the director insisted to have the kid jumping off and hopping over buildings, and other out of question tasks.
>>
File: o0480064013213123926.jpg (103KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
o0480064013213123926.jpg
103KB, 480x640px
>>
File: o0480085213213123903.jpg (129KB, 480x852px) Image search: [Google]
o0480085213213123903.jpg
129KB, 480x852px
>>
File: o0480064013209997476.jpg (140KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
o0480064013209997476.jpg
140KB, 480x640px
>>
File: o0480064013149859295.jpg (87KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
o0480064013149859295.jpg
87KB, 480x640px
>>
File: o0480048013143872958.jpg (80KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
o0480048013143872958.jpg
80KB, 480x480px
>>
>>12164403
onore DICK-AIDO
>>
>>12164102
Yes. Kuriyama himself did that kind of wire stunt, when it didn't involve getting hit and things like that. I think Kaneda was probably talking about the first armor summoning scene. That scene was filmed at the very start of the series recording, and they had Kuriyama make the summoning while wire-falling from a 20 meter building (IIRC) right off the bat. But you can spot doubles in other scenesin which Ryuga necessarily takes some hits.
>>
>>12164406
Who is that semen demon at the back?
>>
>>12164398
>>12164403
>FINAL FORM RIDE: G-G-G-G-GARO
>>
File: 013l.jpg (81KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
013l.jpg
81KB, 640x360px
>>12165160
Kuroki Momoko who played Eiris in Flower of Makai and will also be in Goldstorm.
>>
>>12160697
>His pompadour was fine at the beginning of Fourze, but soon turned into a single long, greased lock of hair reaching the tip of his nose.
He hit puberty before graduating high school
>>
>>12166117

They have Oneechanbara in Garo now?

Also, those behind the scenes shots are so good.
>>
>>12148244
Ending single out today, Get Hype
>>
File: cover.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
>>12169714
Speaking of it. Came across it. Also reposted to the OST Folder since it's my designated Garo folder
https://mega.co.nz/#!Qt4lXCbB!mlIF9KEOA2cX_W4H49FbqqS4UL4ML66_gI6wa9-XAI4
>>
>>12170653
Neat, Thanks
>>
why is no one talking about Legs the movie.

Kinda disappointed no topless rekka
>>
>>12170899
Because no 1080
>>
>>12170899
It was pretty boring in every regard.
>>
>>12170899

It's pretty boring and not really important, as it didn't add anything particularly new to the Garo mythos. There just isn't much to talk about aside from Rekka and Jabi's legs.
>>
>>12170899
I'd pay money to see Rekka topless.
>>
>>12170653

>been spamming the fuck out of TV version at the gym.

with this, I can achieve top level
thank you, based anon
>>
>>12170899
It was kinda... meh.
>>
>>12170902
there's one now
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyyRxqPYPf8
The song at 3:19 seems to be the new opening.
Sounds pretty awesome.
>>
File: 61C0SrN2-aL._SL1000_.jpg (112KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61C0SrN2-aL._SL1000_.jpg
112KB, 1000x1000px
Apparently this exists.

It's much smaller and kind of cheap looking, especially considering they're asking almost $50 for it, but it exists.
>>
>>12176573
Goddamn I love the look of that new form of Garo
>>
>>12177972
The way he looks from behinds is so impressive
>>
>>12176573
He's back to his more chunky self. I like this.
>>
File: B-10kyNUMAAxTGn.jpg (44KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
B-10kyNUMAAxTGn.jpg
44KB, 576x1024px
Amemiya posted this.
>>
>>12180156
Tsukasa doesn't make a good Gomez Addams. Dat Morticia tho.
>>
>「侍女-DOUBLE DEALER-」
>>
>>12180296
>>
>>12180301
>>
>>12180304
>>
>>12180301
Is The Fonz gonna tap Octavia?
>>
>>12180305
I still love that Leon got the original form of the armour once he got Garo back, It looks pretty spectacular
>>
File: 61xQDumZtTL.jpg (114KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
61xQDumZtTL.jpg
114KB, 500x494px
OST Cover.

The official Youtube also posted three samples from the Special Drama CD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEaBwWIB-QQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPHYNCZNraA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6wlkFSoKtQ

>O-ne-ga-i
>I-ya-da
>>
>>12180378
The OST is composed of two discs, Disc 1 with 28 tracks and Disc 2 with 29. http://garo-project.jp/ANIME/goods/
>>
>>12180378
>>12180382
You're the man, Peachy. Or woman, whatever.
>>
>>12180378
the 2nd ED, Focus, is out
http://www.animeostku.com/2015/02/showtaro-morikubo-garo-honoo-no-kokuin.html
>>
>>12180416
That was already posted yesterday >>12170653
>>
>>12176573
Damn, the new suit is sexy as hell. Popped collar is a little weird but it feels extreme regal rather than just a knight. Still not as sexy as the white knight suits though, but that's the closest the Garo suit has felt to really being heroic looking.
>>
>>12180450
>Popped collar
Oh shit I just noticed that, still its a very sexy suit
>>
Where I can find the Kiba Gaiden theme songs? all links are dead.
>>
>>12180805
>GET UP THE LONESOME WARRIOR!
>>
>>12180826
it's worrier
>>
>>12180805
No idea about download links, but you can always rip it off youtube
>>
>>12180973
Nah. I'm a different anon, and the songs don't seem to be up.
>>
File: resize_image.jpg (131KB, 800x704px) Image search: [Google]
resize_image.jpg
131KB, 800x704px
>>12180805
>>12180973
>>12180982
I have the JAM Project Garo collection which covers Series 1, Makai Senki and some of the movies inbetween which they did music for plus some Pachinko stuff which I've just finished putting into what's the OST folder in the OP. It does have Worrior and Tusk of Darkness.

https://mega.co.nz/#!tsZDCKpT!nkEn7T2Z_3-ai3rFNmeLx078fAZbmj8sN2rQPHYHOBE
>>
>>12180826
>>12180915
is it some kind of pun? worrier over warrior? wtf
>>
so the new episode aired, that bitch infatuated with Alfonso died but he didn't seem to give much of a shit
next is dad of the year vs boya
>>
>>12181263
>Being Octavia
>summon Horror from pokeball because Mendoza plan.
>Horror kill Alfonso waifu title runner maid and one of her legs.
>"Fuck you Makai Knights!"
>>
>>12181279
>and one of her legs.
I know you copypasted this from /a/, but do you mean Octavia got handicapped?
>>
File: 1425036112100.jpg (32KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1425036112100.jpg
32KB, 620x349px
>>12181289
yes
>>
File: Garo HnK End Slate 20.jpg (362KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Garo HnK End Slate 20.jpg
362KB, 1440x810px
>>12181289
Gotta convince them the Horror was after her. And now we'll get another Knight brawl and more backstory.
>>
Loved this shot, pretty meh episode otherwise. I did like that Zaruba is trying to embarass Leon as much as possible
>>
>"So how was she?"
>"Allow me to answer for him-"
>"SHUT THE FUCK UP ZARUBA"

kek
>>
>>12181448
"Meh"? What the actual fuck man? This episode was great. In one episode Octavia went from being none to being a great character. I thought the whole episode was quite engaging.
>>
>>12181263

>he didn't seem to give much of a shit

Because one, the first time he had probably spoken to her ever was when she spilled that water in the hallway and two he believed she was the Horror and knows that once someone becomes a Horror, that's it.
>>
>>12181279
What are you trying to imply here?
>>
>>12181263
>>12181576
based Alfonso, kills any Horrror without batting an eyelash
>>
>Let me tell you-
>SHUT up
Heh
>>
File: horrorsnack.webm (2MB, 640x360px)
horrorsnack.webm
2MB, 640x360px
how the fuck the king didn't wake up? this death was brutal as fuck
>>
>>12181705
Well, that death was as brutal as it was swift.
>>
Mendoza is still alive, prince is back to being Gaia, Leon is a proper Garo now and a priestess is present, too.
What are the chances that Mendoza will get it like this all over again?
>>
>>12182330

I want to know how Rafael and Grandpa Luis stayed armored up long enough for that whole trial and banishment to happen.
>>
>>12182354
They were in a special place where armor time wasnt affected?
>>
>>12182354
Luís is Germán's family name. León's grandfather's family name is unknown.
>>
File: Based Zaruba.png (498KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Based Zaruba.png
498KB, 1366x768px
>>12181543
>>12181630
It wouldn't be Zaruba without a little ribbing of his partner every now and then. Remember when he suggested that Kouga go pick up a prostitute?
>>
>>12181279
What makes it worse is that she was stupid enough to trip over Ema's trap, so it's like triple her fault.
>>
>>12181543
>>12182419
How to miss the point: "The Posts."
>>
>>12182411
I think my favourite was:
>I thought it was a bad idea, but Kouga INSISTED we name the fish Kaoru
>>
>>12182403

Shit, you're right.

"Grandpa Garo" then.
>>
>>12182433

Leon interpreted Alfonso's "how was Ema" as "how was she... in bed?" because they banged the night before and Leon knee-jerked. Watch how he reacts.

Leon would understandably be a little on edge about that considering all of the associated circumstances (including the two bickering like an old married couple literally seconds before and Alfonso leaning over and conspiratorially whispering). It's a common comedic situation.
>>
Requesting Tougen Flute's theme "WIldflower"
>>
Requesting Makai Flower's first OP.

In vain.
>>
I hope Herman is just acting as the mole for Mendooza.
>>
So what was Mendoza's plan, again? I feel like my problem with the anime is that I have no idea what the story is supposed to be.
>>
>>12183842
He wants to rule the world and get revenge on the order for cursing him.
>>
>>12181007
I'm this guy >>12180805
Thanks a lot anon.
>>
>>12183842
Something something summon Horrors and manipulate people into a witch hunt to kill all Makai Knights something something.
>>
Some questions:

I know Zaruba is a Horror who decided to help humans, but are other Madou Rings the same? Or are they created through a different method?

Also, that samurai from Makai Senki was able to remain in control despite being possessed by a Horror due to his ego. Could he have done the same if he was turned into a Madou Horror? Because that would be pretty hilarious.
>>
>>12183435
Wildflower is on the Trigger of Crisis single which I have here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!hwgzVIhT!pXvbLc1cKNxczclhTv0npnYWvaSns501Ke0ruPimoTE

>>12183550
I don't think we're getting that without the OST getting posted or the Youtube one getting ripped. So I did the latter because the official Youtube actually put up just the OP back before Flower started.
https://mega.co.nz/#!M9IVUIgI!5Gv08q4OVyWLkG6Oiqle4BdnE9jwarzkN0TDjqjC8Xs
>>
>>12183550
>>12185412
Wasn't some dude uploading the ost to tumblr?
>>
>>12183842
He had strength, the common people did not. So he thought it would be only right for him to rule over them and have them use their lives as he sees fit.
Other people with strength didn't like that, so other people had to go. Permanently. Then there's also that thing about him being extra bitter, because of the brand they gave him.
>>
I can't stop mishearing Laura's name in this episode.
>>
So it seems like the anime is selling like shit.
>>
>>12187094
Who cares if Garo doesn't sell? It's swimming in tons of pachinko money. Plus we're still getting lots and lots of more Garo soon.
>>
File: Threesome.png (967KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Threesome.png
967KB, 1920x1080px
>>12182703
>>
>>12185412
Been looking for this.
>>
>>12187094
Not enough moe and waifus, and who cares what NEETs in Japan think?
>>
>>12184937
>I know Zaruba is a Horror who decided to help humans, but are other Madou Rings the same? Or are they created through a different method?

I think they're all the same. Zaruba was the first to form a bond with a knight, then others followed in his footsteps.
>>
>>12187094
Nothing sells as well as it did anymore in this age of rampant online piracy. Just look at how much japanese artists sold in the mid-2000s compare to now

The only types of anime that sell are practically chuuni crap (where the target audience doesn't know what a fucking torrent is yet), moeshit or fujoshit
>>
File: 48975738_p2_master1200.jpg (769KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
48975738_p2_master1200.jpg
769KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>12193950
>You're making me dig my own WHAT?
>>
Hey Peachy, could you put the Honoo no Kokuin OST in the mega folder when it releases? Plus the Divine Flame and BB among others.
>>
So is it ever stated what Watchdogs actually are?
I mean, are they humans with special abilities or something else?
>>
New Yurugaro.

>>12195710
Sure. I'll start uploading now.
>>
>>12197038
gundam?
>>
>>12197038
Why are they fighting in mechs?
I really need to start watching these.
>>
>>12197038
I never thought about this
When did hairpins come to be? 1800? 1900?
>>
>>12197124
>>12197133
Yurugaro is something you don't question the logic of.

>>12197177
There's mentions of them going back as far as 200 BCE in China.
>>
>>12197038
>Tabibito-san! Take my love, my hate and all of my sorrow!
>T-thanks...
>>
『牙狼<GARO>-GOLD STORM-翔』 放送スケジュール
4月3日からテレビ東京系6局、
スターチャンネル(BS10ch)【無料放送】、CSチャンネル・ファミリー劇場 にて放送スタート!

さらに!初回放送は、
特別編「牙狼<GARO>-GOLD STORM-翔 巻き起こせ!金色の嵐スペシャル」を放送予定!

Gold Storm starts on April 3rd.
First episode is a special episode (recap?)
>>
>>12193950
>>12194080
oh god Lara
you bastards
>>
>>12197177

You're concerned about hairpins when someone like Ema is traipsing around in those tiny shorts in an era where a woman showing her ankles was equivalent to one running around topless today?
>>
>ten days to the OST

It hurts.
>>
I'm going slowly through Makai Senki.
The episodes of the Metalworker, the Samurai and the Theater were really good.
The one of the Samurai was one of the best I think, when he lifts one of Rei's swords and he is like "holy shit wat!" was a priceless moment
>>
>>12197256
Maybe a recap of the film?
>>
You think an actual dog could be trained to wear makai armor someday?
>>
>>12198486
If women can't I don't think dogs will, anon.
Besides, Rago from YamiTera is a Makai Dog-ish thing already.
>>
>>12197256
To follow this up. Goldstorm will take over Honoo no Kokuin's timeslot.

[テレビ東京] 4月3日から 毎週金曜深夜1時23分~
[テレビ大阪] 4月3日から 毎週金曜深夜2:10~
[テレビ愛知] 4月3日から 毎週金曜深夜2:05~
[テレビ北海道] 4月3日から 毎週金曜深夜1時23分~
[テレビせとうち] 4月3日から 毎週金曜深夜1時53分~
[TVQ九州放送] 4月4日から 毎週土曜深夜1時55分

[BSスターチャンネル] 4月10日より毎週金曜20時15分~
[CSファミリー劇場] 4月18日より毎週土曜20時25分~

※放送時間は変更になる場合もございますのでご注意ください。
>>
>>12198562
So we can assume OverTime will sub it, right?
>>
>>12198568
safe bet I'd think
>>
>>12198568

Almost certainly, but they'll pussyfoot around it saying "maybe, maybe not" until the day it airs just like they do for pretty much everything.
>>
That OST, I can almost taste it.
>>
>>12203156
March 11th.
>>
>>12198497
>If women can't I don't think dogs will, anon.

Women can’t do it because of their weak feminine souls. Dogs on the other hand are courageous creatures. I bet even a female dog could become a Makai Knight.

>>12198497
>Besides, Rago from YamiTera is a Makai Dog-ish thing already.

With Burai being dead and the protagonists down to two, I wonder if Rian will summon Rago a lot.
>>
>>12206264

Women can't even use Soul Metal, no matter how physically strong they may be. It's not a training thing, it's just that women can't keep their emotions in check, which is required to even lift it, much less use it in combat.

Why else do you think ToQ3's lines in Black Blood consisted almost entirely of "WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH?"
>>
>>12206309
I thought it had something to do with women being more predisposed to their Yin sides, which leads to them getting attacked more by Horrors?
In the end, it's just putting the unwritten rule of "no female Riders/Rangers/etc" into an official explanation.
>>
The Garo anime OST is probably the closest Okabe Keiichi has gotten to another Nier OST.
>>
>>12206410
This.
Men are more Yang, women are more Yin.
Horrors are masses of concentrated, tangible Yin.
Soul Metal is made out of horror flesh.
Giving soul metal to a women is bad mojo.
>>
>>12206454
The Nier OST is so good, and i'd say the anime OST is on the same level
>>
>>12206625
>>12206410
I'm not saying they completely misuse it but some of those more Nier-ish sounding tracks are very quiet in the BG. They should really get that sound editor to turn it up a notch.
>>
something has bugged me for a while, is it ever explained in any of the series what is the origin of the armors?
were they horrors in the first place? that were subdued and modified to fight their own or something?
>>
>>12206719
They reveal in YamiTera they're made of Horror flesh, which were then forged somehow.
That's why Lost Souls mode is a thing: the Horror takes over.
>>
Get hype for Leon vs German tomorrow. I wonder what it is they said to German to get him to co operate with Mendooza, gotta be something big right?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-03-05-08h55m58s2.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-03-05-08h55m58s2.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>12210130
Forgot pic
Thread posts: 268
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.