[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow, looks like Zeonic got off their asses and pulled a two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 13

File: page006-007.jpg (301KB, 1600x1135px) Image search: [Google]
page006-007.jpg
301KB, 1600x1135px
Wow, looks like Zeonic got off their asses and pulled a two year old project out of it. I'm impressed.

GUNDAM THUNDERBOLT VOL.2

EPISODES: 10-19
PAGES: 247
RELEASED: 2015.01.12

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o04lao4lhzu1mws/[ZeonicScanlations]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Thunderbolt_[Volume02].zip

The situation in the Thunderbolt sector has finally erupted in an all-out war. The two pilots, Io and Darryl, are burdened with an even heavier fate. Just what is the prodigal mobile suit the Zeon prepared to counter the Federation demon known as the Gundam?!

Volume 1 Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/34329r371t33qqf/[ZeonicScanlations]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Thunderbolt_[Volume01].zip
>>
Welp, looks like Nozaku might have some competition now (key operative word being "might").

Still, this is a good thing, since it means more Gundam manga could get covered.
>>
>>11959494
I thought he wasn't touching projects that Zeonic has... goes against his "stepping on feet" ideal or whatever. He can focus on the stuff he's doing. I want more Johnny!
>>
>>11959528
To be fair, he couldn't have anticipated this to happen, but eh. What's done is done.
>>
Seeing as this will take another year for vol three, who wins in the end? Jazz man or the quad ampee?
>>
>>11959691

There's still no conclusion at the end of volume 3. It's still going... lol
>>
>>11959691
quad ampee
>>
Not sure how I feel about this series... :/ Even by UC standards, there was never any acknowledgement of prosthetic tech... kinda far fetched.
>>
>>11960069
They can build Mobile Suits, which we can't really do with modern tech.
With modern tech we can build prosthetics that work kinda okay at mimicking the original parts.
So logically...
>>
>>11960069
0080 briefly mentions that MS tech could theoretically be used for almost life-like prosthetics, they just needed to get it miniaturized, which is the real problem to be solved there.
>>
>>11960069
Isn't thunderbolt sort of an alternate universe UC doing its own thing similar to how Origin is?
>>
What with them releasing so many volumes lately? Are they going under or something?
>>
If there's one thing I've noticed about this manga series versus all others... He actually gets the sizing right... the scale of the MS versus a ship is astounding. Not to mention the level of detail. It really puts all other series to shame.
>>
>>11962013
I guess someone is whipping Deacon.
>>
>>11962063
He's whipping himself? 0_o Kinky
>>
>>11962113
Maybe it's like that idolshit doujinshi where Takane has a machine slapping her arse?
>>
>>11960788
Basically
>>
File: page062-063.jpg (712KB, 1600x1135px) Image search: [Google]
page062-063.jpg
712KB, 1600x1135px
>the Zeon-side is all like: We lost 70% of everything, chop that guy's arms off
>Meanwhile, at the Feddies

Makes you wonder with what raw material they're mass-producing the Zeongs.
>>
>>11962237
>Zeongs
>s
They made more than one?
>>
>>11962244
>mass-producing

We got images of a commando raid on a Zeong factory, so yes, they probably made more than one and probably at more than one site on top of that.
>>
>>11962237
Don't care what others say. Love the NASA/astronaut style backpacks.
>>
>>11962253
And who would pilot them? Cyber newtypes? Normal pilots with some fake psycommu?
>>
>>11962449

Probably more cyborgs/cripples, but I dunno.
>>
>>11962253
>We got images of a commando raid on a Zeong factory
It's like the people who wrote all those shitty spinoffs never bothered with watching 0079 at an age when they could properly follow it and remember it.
>>
>>11962602

It's an AU.
>>
Is Thunderbolt even canon?
>>
>>11962687

No.
>>
>>11962687
Canon to what? There are multiple canons in Gundam, even amongst a single timeline. You're going to need to be more specific.
>>
>>11962670
I like this ebin shitty excuse. At least Kawamori had the good idea of saying "nothing in canon, everything is an in-universe show".
>>
Does anyone even care about this project series of theirs?
>>
>>11962788
yes, and cant wait till the 5th vol comes out next month
>>
>>11962929
I meant translation-wise... you can look at pictures and understand it, can't you?
>>
>>11962982
not sure i like things translated for me
>>
File: 45b.png (589KB, 680x551px) Image search: [Google]
45b.png
589KB, 680x551px
Can't wait to see if they make a Gundowner.
>>
>>11963279
What...?
>>
bump for more Thunderbolt
>>
So what is he releasing all of this to tease is and then not do anything for another year?
>>
>>11967662
Nothing in particular. The guy is so slow at times that the vast majority of his projects never get finished.
>>
>>11963740
Sundowner is the guy in MGR with a bunch of shields hanging off of mechanical arms, like the Thunderbolt GMs and Gundam
>>
>>11967879
>The guy is so slow at times
The "guy" drops projects all the time because they bore him, and that's something he said here, not something I'm pulling out of my ass.
>>
>>11967928
>and that's something he said here, not something I'm pulling out of my ass.

You're right. I'm pretty sure he said it in regards to Crossbone Ghost.

Still, that's not a very good reason to drop projects.
>>
>>11967950
He also said it about Under the Moonlight and something else. 0083's new manga perhaps?
>>
>>11967950
>Still, that's not a very good reason to drop projects.
Yes it is. It's just a hobby, and when your hobby stops being fun, you stop doing it.
>>
>>11967973
Well, that's fair (as long as your fans know about it). Makes you wonder about those groups doing really bad things out of obligation, when they could do something they like instead.
>>
>>11967973
I can't say you're wrong, but Deacon's attitude still has a means of being frustrating. For all his prissiness over Vertical's translation (which granted was from scratch, started rough and did not even use Mark Simmon's notes from the anime scripts), he himself has been notoriously spotty with his own efforts. Then there's his work ethic. It's one thing to stop due to a lack of interest but it is another to do so without official notice. If he would give up the Ghost (harhar) about some projects, it would hopefully have spurred potential Nozaku's into action much sooner. He's stubborn, but that is not an indicator of progress.

Again, all of it could have been a bit less frustrating if he were willing to concede defeat and formally request that others pick up the torch on some projects. He'd be no less lazy but a humble acknowledgement would do wonders. That said, I AM rather elated that he is finally catching up on Glory of Losers and has been consistent with Beltorchika's Children. I only hope he is as serious as he says he is and can keep up the pace for those two projects at least.
>>
>>11968039
>For all his prissiness over Vertical's translation (which granted was from scratch, started rough and did not even use Mark Simmon's notes from the anime scripts),
This is hilarious, because Zeonic's subs for 0079 are almost commie-tier in some places.
>>
File: mfw colony drops.jpg (55KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
mfw colony drops.jpg
55KB, 640x432px
>>11967950
>Still, that's not a very good reason to drop projects.

From this I can derive with some certainity that you haven't translated any comics yet.
>>
>>11968045
Wasn't worked in by deacon so I can see why.

>>11968039

Why does he have to "relinquish" control over a series? Nothing is stopping anyone from working on stuff he's doing. Oh wait that's right... Because there's only two flipping gundam translators. Hur.

As for vertical... It one thing when you're paying for material... And paying quite a bit for it. You expect a different level of expertise and research. Scanlations... I don't really care if there's typos or awkward phrases now and again. It's a free project done at a quick pace by someone shelling out his own cash and getting nothing in return. That's what makes me laugh is that all of this bitching about the guy by people. Hell, I can't fathom the cash he spends on all the stuff he scans (manga, reference books, novels, etc). I'm just happy someone bothers to try and doesn't care about the petty squabbling of "gimme gimme!" From the community.
>>
File: atlas gundam 2.jpg (684KB, 1381x1057px) Image search: [Google]
atlas gundam 2.jpg
684KB, 1381x1057px
>>11962261
Shame that the new Gundam doesn't have the same sort of aesthetics. It looks like it takes more from Wing/Crossbone
>>
File: atlas gundam 1.jpg (421KB, 818x1200px) Image search: [Google]
atlas gundam 1.jpg
421KB, 818x1200px
>>11968209
>>
File: atlas gundam 3.jpg (2MB, 1369x2042px) Image search: [Google]
atlas gundam 3.jpg
2MB, 1369x2042px
>>11968224
Rocket Skiis? Also this part of the manga takes place in 0080
>>
>>11968235
Oh boy, anachronistic super Gundam that's inevitably going to get wreckt by some dinky Zaku piloted by the embodiment of GUTS and MUH CAUSE
>>
>>11968235
Wow that looks dumb.
>>
File: acguy thunderbolt.jpg (72KB, 394x680px) Image search: [Google]
acguy thunderbolt.jpg
72KB, 394x680px
Well look who survives
>>
File: rx78 thunderbolt.jpg (330KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rx78 thunderbolt.jpg
330KB, 768x1024px
At least the vanilla RX-78 makes an appearance
>>
>>11968262

Are you kidding?

That shit's fucking radical.
>>
>>11968235

It's literally a Rocket Lawnchair. Well played, well played.
>>
>>11968271
Isn't that completely out of scale?
>>
If Daryl managed to sink an entire Federation fleet by himself, does that make him a better pilot than Char in the OYW?
>>
File: acguy.jpg (237KB, 1420x1024px) Image search: [Google]
acguy.jpg
237KB, 1420x1024px
>>11968344

The character seems out of scale, yes. But that's understandable as he probably wanted him to be easily recognizeable.
>>
>>11968039
He also asks for help in every one of his releases so if no one answers his calls there they aren't going to answer if he "relinquishes" a project.
>>
>>11968417
The other way around, the Acguy is.
>>
>>11968431

The perspective on the cockpit'S so far off that it's more likely that the artist consciously decided to draw that specific part out of scale for this one scene.

At least that's what makes sense to me right now. We'll know for sure as soon as somebody posts some regular scenes featuring the Acguy with an open hatch.
>>
>>11968152
>Why does he have to "relinquish" control over a series? Nothing is stopping anyone from working on stuff he's doing.

Here's where we run into problems: Why SHOULD somebody else pick up the slack when they are at least superficially assured that something is already covered? It's not like there's that much demand for Gundam manga in the scanlation scene (virtually none to speak of) so yes he has us hopelessly by the nards. However that one simple notice, a fine "I'm not interested in this and probably won't ever finish it so do what you want" IS more respectable than a half-hearted "Yeah, I guess I'll be getting around to it eventually so hold 'yer horses."

How about the multitude of times that he has begun an entirely NEW series despite having a backlog only to drop it after a few chapters or to fall so hopeless behind that he loses incentive to catch up and complete it? He's "silently" dropped more things than he has accomplished, that's a hard fact.

Now look, all I'm saying is to not be such a stubborn mule. If your heart isn't in it then don't try everyone's patience with false promises. And all it takes to preempt complaints is that initial bit of honesty and communication. Few things are more frustrating than a series that is only a fraction of the way complete. If you're not going to complete Under the Moonlight when you know there's that group who wants it, say so ahead of time so that we can respectfully lose hope and not take turns blaming you for a lack of effort.

But again, I AM pleased with his work on GoL and BC. If he completes them then that's great. It would be a magnificent turnaround. Do you think that I DON'T want to see him succeed and finish a desirable project? You're crazy if you do because windless bluster and lack of progress is the issue all along, not Deacon himself.
>>
>>11968893
Another suggestion. On your website, actually have a system of noting which manga have been dropped or stalled and update accordingly. Arbitrarily dropping by on /m/ and fielding the inevitable question is not enough. That's what I mean by communication, make it "official" so that you don't have to invite resentment.
>>
>>11968939
I dont think deacon is in this thread lol
>>
>>11968893
There is no one else that will step up to the plate and help. You're still missing te point that he is always LOOKING for people to help clear his backlog of stuff. Even if he goes "hey it's dropped", it'll still earn him the ire of everyone around no matter what. Hell he could complete everything and they'd still bitch for something.

As his completed/up to date series far outweighs his "dropped" ones.

I chatted with him on IRC about his recent manga puking volume-wise and he says that it's because he's on vacation and spend 7-8 hrs working on one complete volume. If you look at the backlog he has, it's almost impossible for him to complete everything and stay in top of current stuff. I offered to project manage for him but he hasn't gotten back. Honestly it was a lot better when it was a group effort and things could be broken up. QC was fun back then. Now it's just him so you can see how hard it is.
>>
>>11969074
I'm pretty sure he read all of it and he's laughing his ass off.
>>
Hooray 2017 for volume 3! Ugh
>>
>>11968152
Derringer and BAMF did the msg release
>>
>>11968893
>Here's where we run into problems: Why SHOULD somebody else pick up the slack when they are at least superficially assured that something is already covered?

Because they aren't happy with the quality and/or the speed of the release, usually.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 200x200px
>>11971837
Here's a new flash, if he had more people helping, quality and speed would increase.

See, even the captcha is calling you a "turde" for constantly complaining.
>>
>>11972201
>if he had more people helping, quality and speed would increase.
No it wouldn't, because that wouldn't change the "I found it boring so it's on indefinite hiatus" deal, Deacon.
>>
>>11972240
Funny cuz he's hitting a lot of his back releases lately dontcha think?
>>
>>11972240

Can't say I blame him... every story has a low point and it's often hard to get through. Plus it gets old reading the same phrases over and over again... it's difficult to keep mulling phrases trying to come up with something you didn't use previously to avoid a work getting stale.

Besides, are you still butt hurt over CDA or something?
>>
>>11972201
>Here's a new flash, if he had more people helping, quality and speed would increase.

Are you another one of those people who hasn't actually scanned and translated any comics yet? Because you sure sound like an expert.
>>
>>11972293
I couldn't give any less of a shit about CDA.
>>
>>11972323

SO then what "indefinite hiatus" project are your panties in a knot over?
>>
>>11972391
Under the Moonlight.
>>
>>11972394

Hahaha, I figured you'd be a whiny little bitch about that. Let me put it this way... he doesn't need to finish the story. It was originally intended to end at two volumes. The ending has a titans-type group come out of nowhere and the story goes to shit fast. The ending is laughable. It's worse than Crossbone.
>>
>>11972402
Deacon, put your trup back on already, I can tell it's you by the way you write. Just do what you promised on Christmas, being putting out a chapter now and never touching it again for four more years or something. Since you're a petty little faggot like that. That should teach me to ever have hopes on scanlators.
>>
>>11962237
ffffffff.... god damn it bandai whey couldnt you make it a proper line and not filler line? wheres our gm cannon tb, guncannon tb, dom and gouf tb?
>>
>>11968209
>>11968235
looks like early gp project as if gp01 and such were rushed and we got this thing.
>>
>>11972409
>That should teach me to ever have hopes on scanlators.
It's too bad not all of them can be an exemplary staple of quality like HappyScans and Hokuto no Gun are.

In particular, the latter's main translator releases a chapter of a completely different title nearly every day, depending on what he feels like doing at the moment. Isn't fussy about the quality of whatever's being done, either.
>>
>>11968209
>IO gets another gundam
WHY? The gundam he have now is fucking beastly.
>>
>>11972409
Thinking I'm Deacon... ahaha that's rich. Sorry! Not him! Try again!
>>
>>11968235
WTF @ those rocket skiis.
>>
>>11972424
All I'd ask for is consistency and actual competition for anything that isn't big 3/FOTM shit. Some of the scanlation scene's practices (such as "another group did a chapter we didn't get to work on yet? Shut down everything! We're quitting scanlating forever!") are pure cancer.

>>11972438
I'm totally buying that, Deacon.
>>
>>11972444

Totally... because ranting about something totally makes me Deacon, right? Please.
>>
>>11972451
Being his advocate and writing like a faggot in the exact same way he does very likely does.
>>
>>11972461
Probably because I worked with him for 5 years when he first started...
>>
File: 1403910855325.jpg (2MB, 1268x2769px) Image search: [Google]
1403910855325.jpg
2MB, 1268x2769px
>>11962244
>>11962253
>>
>>11972466

Which one of these is you

Zanejin
KumaGichou
mchicken
Zanku (Ashitsuki)
Aoi
Jeid
AirMaster
BAMF
Blackthornhiei
Kira/Auel/Dalek/Dan
Derringer
RedTail
Martin
RaoGaiGar
Lt Walker
Newtype
Section9
phage80
HEDGESMFG
Zero_Wing
Konst
groan77
ZakuII
ChronoZeroX
Black_Comet
Mad_Barber
SirEzhnoLothairMorreaux
MagnaKaiser
Andy^
Point Blank Sniper
Darth Blade
HCPS1
Vekou
brinkmanship
Nathan
>>
>>11972508

I'm not listed as I was one of the flaky translators he probably forgot about. Heck, he's missing a lot of names on there too now that I look.
>>
>>11972475

I am unsure of what this scene is supposed to mean... that there is currently one Zeong at large and that they basically had four of them ready for assembly?

Also why would anyone in their right minds expose what's basically a warship wharf to a commando raid?
>>
>>11972508

Does it really matter who he is? You're a bit too self-absorbed with the guy judging by the way you reply...
>>
>>11972529

It's the Flannigan Agency and the Feddies are trying to get their hands on the Psycommu data. They succeed.
>>
>>11972475
Silly zeon not having their Zeongs heads ready for combat even in construction.
>>
>>11972475

Someone posted a link years ago to a picture of about 10 or more Big Zams standing around ready for action, showing that it had actually been mass produced in some side story or other. I really wish I still had it. Don't happen to have that too by chance?
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.