[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else hype?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: HLD.png (179KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
HLD.png
179KB, 3072x2048px
Anyone else hype?
>>
File: showcase_hld_screen04.png (174KB, 3160x2024px) Image search: [Google]
showcase_hld_screen04.png
174KB, 3160x2024px
>>
What's this?
>>
>>11611762
Hyper Light Drifter
>>
File: showcase_hld_screen03.png (220KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
showcase_hld_screen03.png
220KB, 3072x2048px
>>11611762
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKgLJiJYvY8

ignore the playstation part it's coming out on everything
>>
File: laughing loran.jpg (16KB, 350x210px) Image search: [Google]
laughing loran.jpg
16KB, 350x210px
i thought it was EVA
>>
>>11611787
Yeah it's basically an eva/miyazaki ripoff but it's looking to be a really, really good one.
>>
>>11611701
The only thing I'm "hype" for is when 'hype' finally goes the way of 'epic' and 'extreme'. Seems like every time I come here I see someone saying I should be hype about some bullshit thing or another. It's starting to get really played out.

The game does look nice though.
>>
File: sword.jpg (264KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sword.jpg
264KB, 1920x1080px
I found a video of someone actually playing it WELL for a change. Not much robot stuff though except for some ultra creepy giant mechanical organs in vats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKjHzZt54oE
>>
I would be if I didn't hate fake retro graphics so much.
>>
too neon, too colorful. It tries to be 80s, and becomes early 2000s rave scene girl instead. Like, sparkledog-tier.
>>
>11th month of 2014
>giant pixel graphics for no other reason than you can't hire talent to do high-res sprites
This is why indie games will forever be shit.
>>
>>11611863
it's not even a matter of being high-res, it's just that he completely sucks at shading and texturing. You don't need more pixels, just to git gud at pixel art.
>>
>>11611875
It takes more talent to make pleasant looking sprites without shading or texturing and they've pulled it off very well imo.
>>
>>11611881
read
>>11611858
guess you think sparkledogs are pleasant-looking too then.
>>
>>11611875
>>11611863
>>11611858

To me the problem isn't the graphics as much as the random art design.
Everything's random, there's no visual design explaining why zombies and Zelda sentries are in the same dungeon, or why it's a mix of ancient ruins and starcraft labs.

The controls were pretty tight though, like them.
>>
>>11611887
>or why it's a mix of ancient ruins and starcraft labs.

That's pretty much straight out of miyazaki works. He blends ancient ruins with high tech shit all the time. As if the laputa inspired blocks/platforms and the god warriors weren't obvious enough.
>>
File: laugh05.jpg (91KB, 1146x718px) Image search: [Google]
laugh05.jpg
91KB, 1146x718px
>>11611887
>graphics are the most important thing in video games
How are you enjoying that Vanishing of Ethan Carter?
>>
>>11611892
Miyazaki has a consistent style of ancient and new. This does not.
>>
>>11611900
did you even read his post
>>
This thread is dangerously /v/ levels of cancer unfortunately. Game has been on my watch list for a long time now, can't wait to play. I personally like the aesthetic. Not everything has to be muh realizm
>>
>>11611900

Where the fuck did you get that from my post.
Like holy shit I was talking about the art design saying the graphics didn't even matter.

>>11611892

What >>11611902 said, it's always consistent and his societies in either Laputa or Nausicaa always look like they managed to salvage something and even the Shuwa ancient crypt in Nausicaa(manga only) looked like something you'd find in Tibet, which was in line with Dorok looks and names(the name Mirarupa is from an old buddhist/tibetan story), Miyazaki did a very serious and extensive work on it.

Laputa had everything look oldish even if technologically advanced.
This one instead looks like a mix between Zelda temples and Metroid hallways.
>>
>>11611902
Are you sure you're not complaining for the sake of complaining? One can infer from the graphics that it's a classic post apocalyptic civilization attempts to revive hyper advanced ancient super weapon plot.
>>
>>11611909
>Not everything has to be muh realizm
no, but things need to be stylistically coherent, visually consistent and not half-assed. There's stuff you can leave up to stylization, and then there's laziness or incompetence.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.