[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/prg/-Power Rangers General #52 *Legendary Disappointment Edition*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 13

File: 1411150787943.png (345KB, 599x336px) Image search: [Google]
1411150787943.png
345KB, 599x336px
/prg/ FAQs:
http://pastebin.com/b5EzNbZk

Power Ranger Dino Charge Cast Reveal:
http://thepowerscoopblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/23/official-power-rangers-dino-charge-cast-revealed-at-power-morphicon/

Rest of Super Megaforce is airing in Russia/France so spoilers will be up

Peviously on Power Rangers General Force >>11384518
>>
First for Neo Saban is a shit
>>
(reposting reply from other thread)
>>11399063
>This is the most delusional thing I've read since those finale clips appeared on the internet.
-tips fedora-

>>11400411
They werent at all, they keep eating the same shit over the years just they can't fully accept it sucks. The difference with PR is that PR was actually good once.
>>
>>11402328

I'm still in awe that they had the actual pre-zyu suits of Flashman, Changeman, Maskman, and Fiveman on hand instead of using some creativity and re film the scene with actual teams that was PR.

And just because some of these team logos was shown in that Dino Thunder episode doesn't mean that they are part of the PR universe. Those was merely Easter eggs.
>>
File: screenshot_00002.jpg (17KB, 1006x134px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_00002.jpg
17KB, 1006x134px
Who wrote this entry for Andrew Gray on wikipedia
>>
>>11402415
To be honest, he is an underwear model
>>
http://comicbook.com/2014/09/21/roberto-orci-drops-out-of-power-rangers-to-work-on-star-trek-3/
Uh-oh.
>>
>>11402328
Unless the new movie is a huge tranformes style hit I think Power rangers will be dead
I mean toy sales can't save a franchise so beleaguered
>>
>>11402712

2 things really: Movie has to flop and Dino charge has to flop. This will show that they can't rely on dino nostalgia alone and will force them to get their heads out of their asses if they wanna make money
>>
>>11402712
I wish Legendary was doing it. PacRim was basically PR anyway
>>
>>11402712
>I mean toy sales can't save a franchise so beleaguered
Toy sales support Kamen Rider, sentai and Ultraman so,yeah, they can support a franchise.
>>
>>11403073
They can, but in Power Rangers' case it isn't.
>>
>>11403105
says you
>>
>>11403108
Wow, okay, nice work there kid. You know you have to older than 18 to be here, right?
>>
File: uashit.png (471KB, 531x408px) Image search: [Google]
uashit.png
471KB, 531x408px
>>11403118
>baselesly claiming PR will die and toy sales cant sustain it
>I point out actual similar franchises that do get supported by toy sales
>I get accused to not proving y posts.
>>
>>11403143
I'm not even the one who made the claim. Power Rangers might be popular, but it has really stepped down from the phenomenon it once was. Toy sales are going to reduce too, not just from lowered popularity but simply because these days, kids aren't into toys as much anymore. It's easier to load up a tablet with some free apps and let them waste their time on that instead than purchasing several toys.

Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are still very popular in Japan with just about every age group, and Ultraman is still somewhat known despite having fucking nothing for years. Sales have always been somewhere between 9 to 11 billion yen, apart from Hibiki's 6 billion, and it fluctuates a hell of a lot too.
>>
>>11403222
>Power Rangers might be popular, but it has really stepped down from the phenomenon it once was
dame can be said about japanese toku though
>>
>>11403240
Not really? Toku has had a very consistent presence there, and the fact that these shows have been around for a long time means a lot of age groups are familiar with them. And unlike America, it seems that even minor franchises can thrive there: LionMaru, Gransaizer, GARO, there's usually at least one small show that pops up and gains a lot of traction. Think about it, GARO has had what, four series now? There were several toku series that sold while Kamen Rider was on hiatus.

America doesn't have that. Only Beetleborgs even came close. Mystic Knights? Masked Rider? VR Troopers? Not a one came close to any sort of major success.
>>
>>11403313
>Not really? Toku has had a very consistent presence there
consistent doesnt mean strong, Rider, sentai and ultraman all had declining ratings on the last years
>>
>>11402328
Damn, Flashman got the best damn uniform ever.
>>
>>11403346
A series that can last several years is often very strong, and while ratings might have been declining, toy sales have remained somewhere between 9 to 11 billion yen, despite these ratings.

Admittedly, I can't find Power Rangers' sales figures but they were pretty bad from what I recall. Increasing, but still fairly low.
>>
>>11403373
>A series that can last several years is often very strong
I'd say 20 years count as plenty

>Admittedly, I can't find Power Rangers' sales figures but they were pretty bad from what I recall. Increasing, but still fairly low.
>Increasing
YOu just beat yourself.
>>
>>11403383
No I didn't. Their figures might be increasing, but still not low enough to be breaking even. Again, I don't have the numbers but Power Rangers was a money sink near the end of the Disney era.
>>
>>11403222
>Enough kids wanted to pretend to be a Power Ranger that related toys broke sales records in the 1990s and continue to be a huge seller today. (Sales of Power Rangers toys generated $80 million in revenue in 2012 -- double what they made the previous year -- with the brand ranked 17th in terms of overall children's properties, according to analysts at the NPD Group.)
This was in 2012. Who knows how much it's changed since then, but to imagine that the tablet market is going to kill toy sales is ludicrous.

Kids like toys. Families buy toys. Lots of families have tablets, but not all have that luxury.
>>
>>11403409
Huh, 80 million? Not too bad, it seems.

And in all honesty, as tablets become more commonplace, I do imagine the toy market is going to weaken a lot, at least for the older market. Right now they're still fairly expensive, I won't deny, but I do predict at least a minor dent in the sales figures of most toys for older children.
>>
>>11403405
A franchise dying usually requires it generating less profit. If the profit is increasing then it's not dying. Whether the franchise is strong or not is a different matter but it's not dying.

>Again, I don't have the numbers but Power Rangers was a money sink near the end of the Disney era.
the last disney era show was aired at 6 am in the morning, it was a particular case where the company owning the show didnt want it to be sucessful.
>>
>>11403440
I can see the action figure sales declining, but not roleplay toys. Now that I know that the morpher toys and props are one and the same, who wouldn't want to get the perfect roleplay toy? It's not like there are any morpher apps, and a touchscreen wouldn't give the same tactile pleasure as manipulating the actual parts on the actual morpher.
>>
>>11403472
>I can see the action figure sales declining, but not roleplay toys
I will never understand how people can prefer role playing toys to action figures (save for cases like the legendary morpher/mobirate), but to each their own.
>>
>>11403446
RPM was made by Disney with a very heavy "Yeah whatever just finish it on time" attitude, I'm referring more to around the OO and Jungle Fury era.

Either way, it seems that the numbers have actually improved a lot as >>11403409 has said, so some of my earlier stuff is wrong anyway.

>>11403472
I won't deny that roleplay toys will still very much sell, but I do still think there will be a minor loss in sales due to more commonplace technology. However, when it comes to a franchise like PR, I don't think it will be a noticeable loss.
>>
>>11403346
Sentai's been picking up actually. I think it's 0.02 higher at this point than it was last year get rekt kyoryufags
>>
>>11403492
I don't collect toys, so I'm thinking from how I'd feel about it when I was a kid. If I wanted to imagine the adventures of the Power Rangers from the same omniscient narrator perspective the show offered, (which happened frequently) action figures were the obvious choice. But if I wanted to BE the Power Ranger (which also happened frequently), then I'd go for a roleplay toy - after all, why just think about what a morpher would be like when you can actually buy one in the same store you bought the action figures in?
In this respect, video games are just an extension of that concept - you're pretending to be someone else.
>>11403504
You can't strap a tablet to your wrist and press a button, spin a dial and morph.
Oh wait, now you can. Fucking smartwatches. I hope this brings us back to wrist-mounted morphers.
>>
did saban purposely hire a black pink ranger because of the controversy around megaforce and because there hasn't been a black girl on since time force?
>>
>>11403756

We don't know but if he did is that a problem to you?
>>
>>11403756
Well the Samurai casting call specified Caucasian for the Red Ranger while the others didn't have that race singled out.
>>
>>11403867
wasn't there somebody around here who took a swing at being Green for that season and was told he wouldn't fly since he wasn't ethnic enough?
>>
File: Jags_fan.gif (993KB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
Jags_fan.gif
993KB, 236x224px
>>11402477
The fuck? If he's dropped out because of Star Trek then why did he sign up in the first place? They set it out as a trilogy ever since work began on the first one in 2009.
>>
>>11403875

If anyone ever noticed that the seasons that Tzachaor was at the helm followed the same formula as who was cast.

Caucasion-Red
African American- Blue
Any other minority-Green/Black
Asian-Pink
Caucasion-Yellow
>>
>>11403909
I wonder if we'll ever get an East Asian to play a Red in PR?
>>
>>11403904
>If he's dropped out because of Star Trek then why did he sign up in the first place? They set it out as a trilogy ever since work began on the first one in 2009.
Movie production isn't an hourly job. If Trek is behind schedule, he has to compensate.

Also, this is a good thing. Roberto Orci is borderline retarded.
>>
>>11403927

Quantum rangers is probably the closest we've had so far. Isn't he like half or something?
>>
>>11403909
I thought Judd was in charge of In Space.
>>
>>11403909
For a while there it was Blue = Asian-American
>>
>>11403948
He was head writer, but I dunno if he was executive producer.
>>
>>11403948

He was co-producer. Shuki Levy and Haim Saban was the executive producers

Based on the pre-production memos all the actors from Turbo was going to retain their colors when they went into In Space with Carlos going from green to black but they decided to go with a different approach by bringing in Andros and bumping TJ down to blue even though in the sentai footage black was 2nd in command but they didn't want to cause an uproar with the whole black guy as the black ranger.
>>
>>11403946
He has partial Asian ancestry. Less than half I think. Surprised it took so long to have a black Pink Ranger. Wonder how long it'll take to have a black 6th Ranger.
>>
>>11404013
>Wonder how long it'll take to have a black 6th Ranger.

Well we still have actors for Gold, Gray, Silver, and Cyan for Dino Charge that hasn't been cast yet so who knows.
>>
File: 51TJ10Fcm+L[1].jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51TJ10Fcm+L[1].jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>11403492
I couldn't give less of a shit for posable action figures with barely any articulation and unpainted weapons/solid color weapons. My imagination isn't what it used to be, so I don't even touch Figuarts. I do, however, buy the mechs at times, but would rather opt for the Japanese ones rather than PR, it's just that I barely have money at any given time.

I'd rather buy the roleplay toys(Strictly speaking about the main transformation gimmick, I do not care about the team weapons or main weapons and so forth) because I like having the stuff the guy on the screen has, I like hearing all the sounds the toys can make, and I like the gimmicks that are required to make the transformation toy make sounds.

The closest to action figures I go are those small figures they sell of PR every so often(Picture related), and I've been eying those Kamen Rider 66mm figures for a while now. You have no idea how much I love Ranger Keys, they're the perfect thing for me.
>>
>>11403565
I personally think having the whole hero as posable is better to play out their adventures. While roleplaying is good, I think I personally would spend much time taking care of the weapon toys to actually enjoy playing. That's my two cents though.
>>
>>11402361
>The difference with PR is that PR was actually good once.

Oh man. Thanks for the good laugh. That's exactly what pokemon fans say. And its not any truer there either.
>>
>>11404008
> but they didn't want to cause an uproar with the whole black guy as the black ranger.
I hate that, just yesterday I was talking to someone and I realized how ironic it is that people keep asking for more minority characters, while power rangers have given us exactly that for years.....and people say power rangers is racist because LE FUNNY JOKES XD.
>>
File: 1411332410956.gif (2MB, 154x230px) Image search: [Google]
1411332410956.gif
2MB, 154x230px
>>11404100
We truly are back to the first /prg/ where most of the post were butthurt sentaifags.
>>
>>11404128
I wish we would go back before the first prg, when PR was laughed off the board.
>>
>>11404143
Yeah, you're such a badass anon.
It's probably because you watch sentai, which is a deep show with realistic characters and meaningful messages.
>>
>>11404026
>Well we still have actors for Gold, Gray, Silver, and Cyan for Dino Charge that hasn't been cast yet so who knows.
Gold is a Knight from Medieval times. So I'm guessing we'll get another Ken Doll.
>>
>>11404143
I wish we could go back to then too. I'm still surprised that people are willing to think "IT'LL GET BETTER NEXT SEASON" year after year.
>>
File: dense.png (261KB, 365x285px) Image search: [Google]
dense.png
261KB, 365x285px
>>11404164
>>
>>11404179
>>11404164
>Remember what could have been.
http://youtu.be/1GAQGyeFS70
>>
>>11404199
>what could have been

That's better than Megaforce but its shit too.
>>
Okay, you can call me lazy, but can you tell me tl;dr of what happened? I usually don't have an interest in Power Rangers since it doesn't air(instead it airs original sentai with dubs) in my country.
>>
>>11404100
As someone who thinks PR needs to be mercifully killed now, there WERE good seasons back in the day. NuSaban, on the other hand, has been nothing but disappointment. But don't dismiss Space or RPM.
>>
>>11404216
YOu know about Gokaiger and Super MEgaforce right?

well, the final episodes aired in France.

turns out they actually did original footage with pre-zyu teams
legendary "war" was just rangers fighting mooks, mostly gokaiger footage, it was short as fuck, the cameos did shit (which makes me wonder how could JDF accept being there or even having a stuntman) and the ending was rushed, everything looked like it was written by a 10 year old or worse.

I expected shit, but not this.
>>
>>11404238
>turns out they actually did original footage with pre-zyu teams
>legendary "war" was just rangers fighting mooks, mostly gokaiger footage, it was short as fuck, the cameos did shit (which makes me wonder how could JDF accept being there or even having a stuntman) and the ending was rushed, everything looked like it was written by a 10 year old or worse.

Jesus. That's really bad.
>>
>>11404238
I remember back when Samurai aired, apologists said that because Saban Brands got the franchise back from Disney, everything was rushed into production, hence why the quality isn't as great as it should be. I wonder what they're excuse is now?
>>
>>11404278
I havent seen an apologist for Super MEgaforce yet. Granted, most of my contact with the PR fandom is through /m/.
>>
>>11404278
Well, people blame the producer. Next season will have Judd Lynn in the main producer chair so now it's "wait for it!".
>>
>>11404306
This. No one's saying DC is good, but that there is a reason to think it will at least better than what er have now.
>>
>>11404306
NuSaban fans remind of battered wives that still hold out for their husbands to change. I mean at some point, you gotta know when to call it quits.
>>
>>11404315
You...you do realize you contradicted yourself in that statement right?
>>
>>11404256
Goseiger v Gokaiger footage when Vrak steals Orion's Power? Nope.
The MMPR Tribute Transformation? Nope
Mode-Spam fight? Nope.
The Super Mode Fight? Nope.
GROUP FIGHT AGAINST THE EMPEROR? NOPE
GROUP FIGHT AT ALL? NOPE. NOAH, GIA, EMMA AND JAKE DON'T EVEN PARTICIPATE IN THE FINALE.
>>
File: screenshot_00001.jpg (21KB, 566x88px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_00001.jpg
21KB, 566x88px
>>11404216

Here's a clip and prepare to cringe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrn0SmiOYyw&list=UUpgxmlXoDtkYzRQ4cJgCT5A

>>11404287

This guy is the main one. You dare criticize SMF and here he comes calling you butthurt or cussing you out.
>>
>>11404315
but in that Simile, it would be described as the waif leaving her old husbando and hoping for better with the second
>>
>>11404382
Nah, it's more like the wife had a husband who left her (Saban), she married another guy (Disney) and then divorced him, and then her 1st husband decided to enter back into her life, but he's shittier than he was before.
>>
>>11404349

Welp, all hope for Neo-Saban is gone.
>>
>>11404408
Careful now, you're gonna piss off the Neo-Saban Defense Squad that insists Judd Lynn will bring back the magic of MMPR with Dino Charge
>>
>>11404349
Considering the sloppy shit I had to put up with KR crossovers, this fight scene wasn't so bad.
>>
>>11404426
Not quite. Most recent characters being promoted above the returning cast, total lack of alternate forms, lackluster boss fights. Past characters fucking off to pocket dimensions/outer space when everything's over... Yeah, they're about equal in that regard.
>>
>>11404349
that little shit is really annoying. someone needs to shut him up and call him out for what he is.
>>
>>11404416
>Neo-Saban Defense Squad
> that insists Judd Lynn will bring back the magic of MMPR with Dino Charge

God, not only you contradicted yourself(again), but you are incredibly out of touch. Literally no one here said MMPR would be back.
>>
>>11403927
I just don't want them to get a short fuck. He'd have to be a tall asian.
>>
File: Let's Morphin.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Let's Morphin.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>Go Busters will never be violated by Saban
>>
>>11405154

And ToQ might possibly get skipped as well. I wonder if this will start a trend of skipping every other season? If that's the case, would pr fans end up watching the skipped seasons?
>>
>>11405176
They skipped Busters for the sales, not for a trend.
>>
>>11404416
But what about those of us who hope Dino Charge will be watchable because of Judd Lynn, but don't defend Neo-Saban?
>>
>>11405252
Which is a shame, I think that Go-Busters would sell better in the west.
>>
>>11405393
You'll confuse and hurt the brains of the people who can't handle anything but heavily strawmanned arguments.
>>
>>11402328

Of all the teams to edit out, they choose Sun Vulcan?! They always had the most badass fights in Gokaiger.
>>
>>11405468

a better question is why bother with this episode at all? was it more important to have an episode dedicated to the death of laveria over the true big bad?
>>
File: poochy_died.jpg (44KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
poochy_died.jpg
44KB, 852x480px
>>11404334
>This was the last bit of Gokaiger Footage used.
Why? WHY?! Why! Why? Why... why... why...?

They literally just explode into the sky and fly away. What the fuck was that?
>>
>>11405583
>Realizing considering how much footage they used, they could have just had Basco be the big bad and totally remove the zandyuck.
>>
>>11404143
This
>>11404164
And This

Oh the prfags were talking up their megaforce finale so big, even when episode after episode was full of fail.

"You can't say a show is bad before its even finished! The Finale with JDF will own your shit. I can't wait for the finale to show you sentai purist ssgfags were wrong"

You guys should take this thread as a chance to thank the mods that they don't delete this and any future Power Rangers General because Saban just made you fans look like a joke. I honestly feel bad for you now.

but hey... theres always dino charge "keep hope alive"
>>
>>11404149
Could you project those insecurities harder?
>>
>>11405696
>>11405694
You're really spending your time trying to make fun of people for enjoying a manchild show more than another manchild show that you enjoy.

Holy fucking shit.

I haven't even watched Power Rangers for years and you're pathetic.
>>
>>11403756
Actually, I suspect it's to deflect blame there's only one female in the primary cast.

>but violet
primary cast
>>
>>11405154
They don't ant to touch a bad sentai.
>>
>>11405759
I suspect her to be the mentor character for the show. The casting slides called for a serious scientist from younger twenties and a separate call for mid twenties.

The fact that she's there now, this early in the game, means that she's probably going to be a supporting character from the get-go.
>>
>>11405714
thats the thing, anyone who talked about pr and megaforce's flaws was labeled a sentaifag while they defended smf. thats the point you happily missed like the typical kool aid drinker.
>>
>>11405775
Yes. Supposedly Violet and Grey have expanded roles.
>>
>>11402328
So did they give names to the prezyu teams in that sceen?
>>
>>11402328
So wait, we're actually getting more Super Megaforce than the rest of the world for a while here in Russia?

That's... new.
>>
Yep, we're three episodes ahead already. Literally why. Not sure if I should even watch because Russian dub is probably as bad as it usually is, especially on cancerous Nick.
>>
>>11405986
Yeah, Blitz Mode (Changeman), Thunder Mode (Maskman), Supersonic Mode (Fiveman), and Prism Mode (Flashman) if the French dub is to be trusted.
>>
>>11404199
>scott pilgrim rangers
has potential, but yeah that's kind of silly
>>
>>11406029
blitz and prism work well for Changeman and Flashman. Dunno how the other two fit.
>>
>>11406029
>Thunder Mode (Maskman)
>Supersonic Mode (Fiveman)
>Taking names that Dairanger and Jetman deserved more
Damn it man, just... Damn it..
>>
Haven't seen links, so if anyone wants to watch full french eps:

http://www.dailymotion.com/gigi_80
>>
>>11405765
Bwaaaa some fucking cunt on a podcast told me Go-busters sucked. I guess I better hate it.
>>
WTF is power rangers?

is this like supposed to be super sentai or something?
>>
>>11405640

Tzachor probably looked at the sentai footage thinking they just turn into a ball of light and teleport not knowing that their powers manifested as keys and scattered across the universe.
>>
I hope they put Deathryuger in DC. He already has a zord and a flute. It's the green ranger all over again.
>>
>>11406479
The Mighty Morphin' Nostalgiafagging will never end.
>>
>>11406677
>evil ranger who uses a flute to control a dinosaur and fights against the main cast
Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if they cash that check in twice and make JDF into him. only real question is if they are going to do some actual filming or just default it to clips from koyru. I can't see them not wanting to market an 11th ranger though. too much money to be made. especially since I think he had the best looking costume
>>
>>11405892
> anyone who talked about pr and megaforce's flaws was labeled a sentaifag
could you project those insecurities harder?
>>
>>11405393
Those do not exist. Everyone that watches neo-saban shows automatically thinks they are excellent and flawless, but somehow also want Lynn to change it.
>>
File: del.png (344KB, 490x389px) Image search: [Google]
del.png
344KB, 490x389px
>>11405694
How about you actually read the comments in these threads instead of making assumptions?
>>
>>11406029
It's like they're trying to do Kamen Rider's form change style.
>>
>ITT: Sentaifags thinking their shit doesn't stink
Fuck off weabs. Some of us here like PR even with Neo Saban's problems. We want to see how the PR seasons look in comparison to your gloriuos Nip commercials because get this, people can like 2 different things based on the same source.
>>
>>11406738
You're hilarious.

>>11406277
This should probably be in the top post from now on.
>>
>>11407252
>Sentaifags thinking their shit doesn't stink

It doesn't. A shitty sentai season is the EXCEPTION. Not the norm as with PR. In PR a great season is the exception.
>>
>>11407377
Quit sucking on Nip dick. Jap acting is shit.
>>
>>11407392
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>11407407
I'm sick of the samefaggotry from sentai purists that bash on PR. PR was always about camp and it was aimed at kids. That's the whole point of it. Don't pretend the Japs do any better when they add blood or death in sentai.
>>
>>11407421
>PR was always about camp and it was aimed at kids

That doesn't excuse shitty writing. Stop using that as some kind of defense.

> Don't pretend the Japs do any better when they add blood or death in sentai.

Confirmed for not actually watching any Sentai.
>>
>>11407433
>That doesn't excuse shitty writing. Stop using that as some kind of defense.
Excuse me, but what are you gonna expect from 20 minutes that are aimed at getting little kids' attention? PR was always about attracting kids with kung fu and explosions not eloquent dialogue or themes.
>>
>>11407441
>Excuse me, but what are you gonna expect from 20 minutes that are aimed at getting little kids' attention?

Other shows have been aimed at little kids and done it much better than PR.
Avatar The Last Airbender comes to mind.
Lazy writing and shitty acting is NOT ok just because the target audience is kids.
>>
>>11407459
Avatar is built from scratch; PR isn't. The studio can only do so much with the Nip footage and trying to create their own stuff.
>>
>>11407469
The problem has never been the nip footage. The problems have always come down to Jews. Every single problem PR has always had has been Jew oriented.
>>
>>11406029
Maskman was Blitz mode.
Changeman was Thunder mode. (Not sure why... The Dairanger suits should have been thunder mode as their associated zords became the Thunderzords.)
>>
>>11407441

Good writers could, at the very least, make characters interesting, and not boring, generic sticks in the mud.

Also, adding more dimensions to villains help. After all, heroes are only as interesting as their villains are.
>>
>>11407480
>The problems have always come down to Jews. Every single problem PR has always had has been Jew oriented.
Wearing your swastika there Hitler?
>>
>>11407469
>The studio can only do so much with the Nip footage and trying to create their own stuff.
Some artists would say you can create better art with more limitations.
>>
>>11407492
>it totally wasn't Jews at fault that couldn't spring money to get more returning actors or more screentime for said actors in the SMF finale

I don't think Jews are responsible for everything bad in America but they ARE responsible for the shit that is PR.
>>
>>11407508
Whatever helps you sleep at night Nazi.
>>
>>11407492

His terminology usage might be harsh, but it isn't totally incorrect. PR, especially the recent seasons, have been minimum effort and minimum cost for maximum profit. Why? because they can get away with it.

If this didn't have the Power Rangers brand name stuck onto it, it would have not gotten past 1 season.
>>
>>11407514
>have been minimum effort and minimum cost for maximum profit
Hello, it's called business
>>
File: Girls-Laughing.jpg (626KB, 1525x1946px) Image search: [Google]
Girls-Laughing.jpg
626KB, 1525x1946px
>>11407511
>he thinks being called a nazi is an insult on 4chan
>>
>>11407523
>Never expanding your products quality.
That's how businesses die.
>>
>>11407514
But what does that have to do with being Jewish?
>>
>>11407546
I don't think i've ever read a post so ignorant before.
Congratulations!
>>
>>11407535

Sure, tell that to Coca-Cola, McDonalds and lots of other companies. They're not the biggest companies in the world or growing as fast others (or as they might wish), but they're still making money and trucking along regardless and that's all they care about.
>>
>>11407563
>Worldview based on National Socialist Propaganda
>Yet I'm the ignorant one.
>>
>>11407369
Oh please, tell me how your "logic" makes sense anon.
>>
>>11407576
If Saban was a fastfood chain, it would be as if every year its hamburger patties got smaller and smaller till they disappeared.
>>
>>11407546

Well, according to urban dictionary:

>jew: 1. Someone who practices Judaism.

2. Derogatory term for someone tight with their money or someone not very generous.

1. Kyle from southpark is a Jew

2. You jewish bastard, lend me a cig!!

So going with the 2nd definition:

>>11407508 is saying that being uptight with money (Budget restrictions) is the reason why PR is so bad.

Having a big budget could allow for many improvements to the show, such as:

>Better Writers for better dialogue and story
>More Music selections because "gogo power rangers" has been done to death
>Better Actors with more acting range
>More diverse wardrobe cause people do own more than 1 outfit
>more original footage for better story telling and having to rely less of sentai footage allows for more freedom
>more set and prop designs in case it's needed

>>11407576

Coca-cola had their recent "Share a coke with" campaign and McD had their world cup promotion as well. The 2 companies, as well as others, spend billions on advertisement and campaigns every year.
>>
>>11407605
You must be bored to write out that entire post replying to a troll.
>>
>>11407606

I am, thank you.
>>
>>11407605

> The 2 companies, as well as others, spend billions on advertisement and campaigns every year.

And that ad campaign is the bare minimum effort needed to keep the company rolling in money essentially. They're not rolling out new flavors (something that has gone badly for them in the past as it happens), they're not revolutionizing the product or anything - they just keep the big products in the limelight and leave it at that. Saban is essentially doing the same thing, except he doesn't even have to advertise because brand loyalty in older fans and lack of choice for similar products in younger fans gives him all the exposure he needs. Coca-Cola has plenty of competition, he doesn't.

Besides which, while Coca-Cola might not have been the greatest comparison, there are plenty of companies that continue to make good money without making any major risks or financial outputs. They'll never be the richest companies, but they'll never fall apart either because the no risk, good return strategy keeps them going. If things are going badly, they'll take risks then and not before. Saban is just one such company.
>>
>>11407605
>Not being racist is trolling.
Welcome to /prg/ everybody.
>>
>>11407487
It was Gia that said "Legendary Ranger Blitz!" and turned into Maskman, but here they use Blitz to refer to Changeman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRAP1-6iuyI
Either a problem with the French dub or inconsistency with the original, I'll bet the latter is the case.

>>11407583
Is it truly unfathomably to think that Power Rangers under neo-Saban/Tzachor tenure has been utterly pisspoor and to also think that something like Judd Lynn helming it now might just make a season that's just a bit better?

I know you're just shit flinging, but the common case here is that everyone here is disappointed with Power Rangers as it's been for the past four years; you won't find people here that thinks neo-Saban shows are 'excellent' and 'flawless'.
>>
>>11407588
No, the patties are the same size as before, they're just stuffed with filler shit instead of actual beef.
>>
>>11407691
>Is it truly unfathomably to think that Power Rangers under neo-Saban/Tzachor tenure has been utterly pisspoor and to also think that something like Judd Lynn helming it now might just make a season that's just a bit better?
nope, that's what most people here think.

>I know you're just shit flinging, but the common case here is that everyone here is disappointed with Power Rangers as it's been for the past four years; you won't find people here that thinks neo-Saban shows are 'excellent' and 'flawless'.
that was exactly my point anon, cant you understand sarcasm? I was mocking those people that hate the neo-saban fan boogeyman.
>>
>>11407702
Forgive me, you're sarcasm wasn't very apparent. Didn't seem very different from the actual shitflinging that's been around in these past couple threads.
>>
Do we know how the morphin pose in Dino Charge looks? Is there going to be dancing?
>>
>>11407656
Do you even know where the fuck you are?
Get the fuck back to rangerboard.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.