[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this mech so absolutely based?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: zeonwank.webm (3MB, 720x405px)
zeonwank.webm
3MB, 720x405px
Why was this mech so absolutely based?
>>
>>11378012
...wait, was that Super Napalm near the end?
>>
>>11378012
Because he took on two mechs with just a beam handgun and some grenades and lived?
>>
>>11378012
I like Zssa.
>>
>>11378165
And a beam sabre
>>
Considering beam sabers don't exactly rely on weight to cut, is there really a point to dropping your shield to wield it two-handed?
>>
>>11378187
Right, and beam sabre, my mind didn't make the distinction because he used it more to get himself out of a jam rather than an outright offensive weapon like the pistol and grenades.
>>
>>11378012
Why does the shotgun need to be pump-action?
>>
>>11378197
Shields are heavy, they're slabs of metal, a Jegan shield would be like 5-10 tons when the mobile suit itself is 20 tons.

Dumping the shield means being able to move faster, without as much protection of course.
>>
>>11378209
Same reason beam rifles need triggers.
They don't.
>>
>>11378209
Because pumping a shotgun is manly.
>>
>>11378209
Supposedly Zeon weapons are basically just scaled up infantry weapons. I used to have some screenshots showing that the bazooka Char used to blow out the bridge of Kycilia's Zanzibar was smaller scaled identical to a Dom's giant bazooka.

>>11378197
In zero gravity there wouldn't be anything to pull down on the sabre, so technically you'd still need force behind the beam sabre to melt through armor
>>
>>11378214
It thought the reason was because its a backup in case the techtech whatsit fails and you need to fire your gun.
>>
>>11378230
That would be a sane reason, but the majority of evidence generally indicates that they have triggers just because.
>>
yea Schuzrum Galluss is pretty cool, punchan is always pretty cool
>>
>>11378012
Because it's fucking Conroy!
>>
File: 1406588484700.jpg (52KB, 640x780px) Image search: [Google]
1406588484700.jpg
52KB, 640x780px
>tfw conroy will only be voiceless npc in z3
>>
>>11378165
Only because Bawwwnanas saved him. Proving once again that the Feddies can't do anything without having a nearby teenager do it for them
>>
>>11378510
This still really needs Mineva shopped in place of Flay. I'd do it, but I'm running on a few cups of coffee and no sleep. Ah fuck it, give me a sec.
>>
>>11378510
>>11378697
ficks'd
>>
>>11378567
Neither can (new neo nouveau) Zeon without a madman at the helm.
>>
>>11378012
REAL ROBOT

No seriously, why do they move like kung fu masters?
>>
>>11378197
No, dropping the shield was just plain stupid. In fact, he got bashed and pushed back precisely because he didn't have his shield.
>>
>>11379109
Having the shield didn't help that Geara Doge either. In fact, isn't that a Jegan shield? It has rockets in it. I don't get why he didn't just missile the Schuzrum instead of charging in like a retard.
>>
>>11378209
>Why does the shotgun need to be pump-action?
>>11379103
>No seriously, why do they move like kung fu masters?
Because it looks cool.
>>
>>11379103
Actually there's nothing unrealistic with a robot moving fast as long as it's withing a pilot's reaction speed and it don't defy physics.
On the matter, you've got to admit it's still more "real robot" than a few other show.

of course, gundam will never be perfect. Maybe it's time to end the franchise and try something new.
>>
>>11379526
you don't fire high explosives at a target when both of you are standing on your mothership.
>>
>>11378230
that's the explanation in some of the MG manuals, but yeah, they use the triggers regardless of damage.

It's more reliable for projectile weaponry, as well. Circuits can short out, making your weapon useless.
>>
>>11379103
They've been making and improving these things at the speed of light
>>
This ting is a hdieous abominaiton and it disgusts me more than words can describe. Do we et a Gallus-J kit? A Gallus-K? No, we get this sick fuck.

Does this thing even HAVE verniers? Jobbing is the only way this thing does as well as it does, which is par for the course with Unicorn.
>>
>>11379676
>This ting is a hdieous abominaiton and it disgusts me more than words can describe
So much so you seem to have forgotten how to spell.
>>
>>11378230
>>11378236
>>11379607
But without that electrical connection it can't supply electricity to the weapon to operate it anyway.

>>11379596
Actually, it's an armored flight deck, it probably wouldn't do very much if he missed and hit it anyway.

>>11379676
>Does this thing even HAVE verniers?
Nope. They removed the backpack.
>>
>>11378012
Why are they trying to get into the Niel Argama?
Why didn't they start shooting up the engines or Bridge? It's not like there was anything on board of value to Zeon at that point.
If the ship didn't have any plot armour they would have just shot the shit out of it.
Speaking of which, why is there a mobile suit with no ranged armaments? It was lucky that those two guys threw away their guns like retards or the fight would have been over instantly.
>>
>>11379712
> But without that electrical connection it can't supply electricity to the weapon to operate it anyway.

There a big difference between sending power and trying to send a carefully shaped signal that can be read on arrival.
So I think it can still fit within gundam's standard. The mechanical trigger is meant to avoid minovsky jamming-related interference or something.

It's not like Gundam is still very realist today (or at the time we know).
>>
>dual small shields used as boxing gloves
>shotguns in space
>beam magnums

This is what I liked most about Unicorn. Really nice variety of weapons and gear exhibited, aside from just the typical shield/rifle/saber combo. I mean FA Unicorn had grenades for some reason.
>>
>>11379800
>Why are they trying to get into the Niel Argama?
You can do more damage from inside then you can outside.

Since there's less armour plating and such.
>>
>>11383186

And were it not for plot armor, what else was there to stop the Shcuzrum from, say, making a beeline for the bridge and caving it in with its fist?
>>
Wtf is with that animation holy shit. It looks like a flash video game
>>
>>11383195
CIWS, Jegans.
>>
>>11383224
This whole sequence is on the bottom of the ship also.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.