[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Durer_Melancholia_I_zps36139d4a.jpg (261KB, 805x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Durer_Melancholia_I_zps36139d4a.jpg
261KB, 805x1024px
How can i end le "Mal du Siecle" withou killing myself? Its been a long time since Nietzsche and Dostoievsky but no one seems to have an anwer or even care about us.
>>
>>9998253
(You) adjust your perspective. Many expect 'the world' to yield them what it can in actual fact yield no one, and once their expectations are dashed, become desperate, or weary. Here's a little homework project. Read Chekhov's very short story Gooseberries. Rarely does so little say (and potentially 'yield') so much. Bonne chance.
>>
In the same boat right now...
>>
read:

ernst junger's forest passage

julius evola's ride the tiger

and huxley's perennial philosophy

become one of the few who keeps humanity's humanity alive in a dark time
>>
>>9998366
>Many expect 'the world' to yield them what it can in actual fact yield no one, and once their expectations are dashed, become desperate, or weary.

Great story. Ivan was the real loser of Gooseberries. He's a useless hypocrite – denouncing personal happiness as vain, fleeting and fetishized according to an idiosyncratic illusory ideal, he propounds servitude to a higher cause instead.

Yet, like his eccentric brother who kept exclaiming "how delicious!" at his mediocre gooseberries, so does Ivan exclaim "delicious!" while taking a swim. Even though Aliokhin hasn't showered in a long time, Ivan enjoys it much more so than he.

He's a pessimistic idealist who pretends to be above the pleasures of this world he so despises, exhorting Bourkin to do the same – his pipe smoke, the unsettling morale of the story, kept poor Bourkin awake at night. Nor did Ivan do any good to his audience by telling his story, as they didn't enjoy it. He knows this very well, which is why he asks for forgiveness from God as a wicked sinner.

Aliokhin is the real winner here. He is a man of practical affairs, a man of the people, a simple farmer who doesn't care for Ivan's idealism – but still, he enjoys the story, as the only one among it's audience at that, not because Ivan is clever or right, but rather as an amusing escape from the toil of his everyday affairs.

>>9998253
You need a philosophy that consciously steers away from Utopian daydreaming and the endlessly captivating wonders of potentiality, something that is specifically dealing with the actual instead.

The Unique and It's Property by Max Stirner comes immediatly to mind. It's great for taking responsibility of own your life, demolishing any disillusioned servitude to anything outside yourself. It is the very antithesis of Ivan's philosophy – personal happiness is the only thing you have control over. Just avoid /lit/'s horribly caricatured memes of his thought and you should be good to go.

The Prince by Machiavelli is also great for it's raw treatment of human nature, robing it off any pretentious idealism it may be vested in.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.