[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else detect a certain commonality between Proust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: proust.jpg (259KB, 1200x684px) Image search: [Google]
proust.jpg
259KB, 1200x684px
Does anyone else detect a certain commonality between Proust and Melville? I refer of course to their respective masterpieces. ISOLT, of course, deals with the slow passage of everyday life, and Proust's attempt to communicate the role memory plays in our perception of the flow of time. I can't help but feel there's a certain similarity with what happens in Moby-Dick. Once Ahab's given his quarter-deck speech, we get very little of the "main plot" for the rest of the story, and Melville instead attempts to capture the slow ebb and flow of life aboard a whaling vessel. Various characters have their little experiences, their small victories and defeats, but time rolls on over all.

Maybe I'm reaching here. Does anyone else get this feeling? I also got similar sentiments reading The Book of the New Sun; I suppose that would naturally have something in common with In Search of Lost Time, given that both Proust and Wolfe are interested in memory.
>>
>>9990098
This post is very disrespectful toward Melville.
>>
>>9990098
>hey this author talks about daily occurrences in the characters life and remembers stuff
>woah, so does this other author
>this is like so rare
>dude you should make a thread about it
>>
>>9990109
this
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.