[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is natural selection a capitalist theory?. pic not relatadarssar.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1488755726965.jpg (614KB, 700x3150px) Image search: [Google]
1488755726965.jpg
614KB, 700x3150px
is natural selection a capitalist theory?.
pic not relatadarssar.
>>
>all those hot dogs
Just gi us a bacon sarnie and 20 rothmans la'
>>
>baltimore
that sis just some made up shit
>>
>>9989140
is this bait
>>
>>9989140
No, but /pol/ plebs will argue it is as they know shit about the real theory behind.
>>
>>9989140
yes. Lysenko was right
>>
Why does this belong on /lit/?
>>
>>9989140
Natural selection is a mechanism in the theory of evolution, nothing more. It's not even a theory itself.
>Natural selection is the differential survival and reproduction of individuals due to differences in phenotype. It is a key mechanism of evolution, the change in heritable traits of a population over time.

>>9989551
also this, it is often used out of context or simply incorrectly because it sounds cool/edgy, the term
>hur dur survival of the fittest!!
too. The "fittest" in a given instance could be the significantly less intelligent organism who requires less resources to survive and reproduce. Which would favour a decrease is in intelligence for that species depending on how long food/resources remained scarce, or perhaps just an isolated group of that species. Brains are fucking expensive to run. Of course a sufficiently intelligent species such as ourselves can get around it, through planned migration, food production or intentionally inhibiting reproduction so that there are less to feed.
>>
Not really. Selection doesn't occur at the individual level and if it did it would be unable to explain altruism and mutual aid. Kin selection at least gives a consistent explanation without going into the whole "the strongest individual survives" shit that doesn't correspond to any human society.

Classical capitalist firms, owned by a single capitalist, don't exist anymore, and even if they did, it still depends on social production and cooperation in the workplace.

If you take dudes like EO Wilson seriously there's also arguments to be made for multi-level or group selection, which undoes the individualism at the core of social Darwinism.
>>
Natural Selection is a naturally occurring thing in nature and has always existed without the help of capitalism. Certain variations of animals were more likely to survive long enough to breed because they had the tools and skills necessary for survival. Or something like that. I'm tired. But I've studied this some and I trust Darwin on it.

Social Darwinism (and I think this is what you're probably meaning when you say Natural Selection), on the other hand, is absolutely a product of capitalism. In reality, humans need to work together to survive. We need each other. People generally care about their friends and family. The idea that it's a "dog eat dog world" and that each person is set against everyone else in "competition" is designed solely to pit the working class against itself instead of allowing working people to work together, organize, and overthrow the system that is honestly harming us all (if we aren't rich people, at least).
>>
No, but it serves as a hint that capitalism is not merely one arbitrary economic system among many, but rather the antromorphized manifestation of a mechanism that transcends humanity is is inherent to any organism that exists within a competitive environment. As an example, when a man wears gold jewelry to appear attract, the value placed upon the jewelry is a (mostly) arbitrary social convention, but the behavior in-of-itself is a product of a deeper reproductive imperative.
>>
>>9990741
>No, but it serves as a hint that capitalism is not merely one arbitrary economic system among many, but rather the antromorphized manifestation of a mechanism that transcends humanity in that it is inherent to any organism that exists within a competitive environment. As an example, when a man wears gold jewelry to appear attract, the value placed upon the jewelry is a (mostly) arbitrary social convention, but the behavior in-of-itself is a product of a deeper reproductive imperative.
whoops
>>
imagine spending your time keeping bad threads alive on the literature board of an anime forum
>>
File: Spooky.png (53KB, 593x594px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky.png
53KB, 593x594px
>>9990746
>mfw I reread this again and found more errors
fuck it, if I can barely manage to fucking write then the idea is probably pretty shit to. just ignore this
>>
>>9990752
*too
well it looks like it's time for me to stop posting
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.