[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/'s thoughts on this article?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Personally, I could not fucking stand it. Pic related because it's mrw I read it.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/carter-jones/2014/06/adults-should-be-embarrassed-to-read-literary-fiction-or-why-young-adult-fiction-is-the-only-thing-that-matters/
>>
>>9989139
I ain't clicking that shit nigga. The title alone sounds like cancer
>>
>>9989147
That's actually a good choice. I only clicked out of morbid curiosity.
>>
>>9989139
Here's the article
https://archive.fo/MnyrG
Here's the article it's responding to
https://archive.fo/YnSV1
Don't mind me I'll be on my way to drinking bleach now
>>
>>9989165
Ruth has a point here. It's like adults saying cartoons are more sophisticated than ever before, and stating them to be of equal, if not higher merit than live action tv.
>>
>>9989139
>people should read this
>people shouldn't read that

W H O
C
A
R
E
S
>>
>>9989198
Well, you do, since you bothered replying.
>>
File: utena33.jpg (67KB, 655x437px) Image search: [Google]
utena33.jpg
67KB, 655x437px
>>9989185
>and stating them to be of equal, if not higher merit than live action tv.

How much live action TV is of "higher merit" than this?
>>
>>9989343
I meant kid's cartoons, not including anime. Ofc anime can be deep. I meant as in people saying that, say, shit like Steven Universe is ≥ M*A*S*H or something.
>>
>someone says something stupid
>reporters give them attention
Like clockwork.
>>
>Reading shouldn’t be painful. A work of great literature reveals the human spirit, and elevates us. People are reading YA fiction because it’s the only fiction that’s doing this. Literary authors should not be lamenting the fact with their noses upturned, writing about it to their echo chambers. They should be learning, and they should be producing something better. Because right now? Their work is just embarrassing.

t. never read a single fucking non-YA book outside of high school

Even just skimming that article gave me turbo cancer, and I will never gleefully read literary fiction knowing that I'm saving the world in the process.
>>
>>9989399
>never gleefully read lit fic knowing that I'm saving the world in the process
Don't you mean you will gleefully read it? I know I would.
>>
>>9989139
>Babe, no.
Must've read a little too much YA fiction
>>
>>9989428
Yeah. Must've fried her brain cells.
>>
>>9989417
yeah, sorry, I got triggered enough to not be able to even proofread.
>>
File: 35095181_big_p1.png (194KB, 534x782px) Image search: [Google]
35095181_big_p1.png
194KB, 534x782px
>>9989139
Persona 3 has more literary merit than YA fiction
>>
>>9989139
"Adults aren't reading literary fiction because it fucking blows," apparently.

lul whatever who cares what this brainlet thinks
>>
>>9989343
this
>>
>>9989440
It's alright. We all make mistakes. For example, deciding not to kill myself when I had the chance about two to three months ago.
>>
Is it weird that the pro-YA article accuses the anti-YA crowd of being snobs with upturned noses then goes on to talk about how much better YA is with the same smugness they accuse the literati of having?
>>
File: ms.gif (7KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
ms.gif
7KB, 170x200px
>>9989139
It's garbage, just like the article it's responding to, though /lit/ will inevitably defend the latter.
Also:
>should
Pic related.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.