[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kazuo Ishiguro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Ishiyawno.jpg (211KB, 1203x926px) Image search: [Google]
Ishiyawno.jpg
211KB, 1203x926px
Name a more boring author.

Pro tip: you can't.
>>
>>9985771
Gaddis
Murakami
DFW
>>
>>9985778
Close! But they're no match for Ishiyawno's "Remains of the Yawn" and "Never let me Yawn".
What a useless writer. Totally unremarkable style, no imagination, no originality, no humor, books drag on endlessly without the grace of, say, a Proust. He even managed to put the vibrant sci-fi dystopia genre into a coma.
>>
>>9985771
Buried Giant was my introduction to him. I absolutely loved it, and was astonished to discover that it seems to be the black sheep of his oeuvre.
>>
File: Green_Highlander_salmon_fly.jpg (3MB, 3504x2336px) Image search: [Google]
Green_Highlander_salmon_fly.jpg
3MB, 3504x2336px
>>9985771
Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 it 8/8,
>>
Henry James

Pro tip: I did
>>
File: Running-away.jpg (134KB, 989x569px) Image search: [Google]
Running-away.jpg
134KB, 989x569px
>>9985855
Fuck.
>>
>>9985853
No bait (but nice pic anyway). Just read Never Let me Go. What a bore. Could not believe such a sluggish-but-still-lacking-style-and-distinctiveness sort of book it was. I've also read Remains of the Day. Total and utter cure for insomnia. Awful, pointless works. He's only famous because he isn't white.
>>
>>9985855

This is a strong contender. "William James was a psychologist who wrote like a novelist while Henry was a novelist who wrote like a psychologist."

I'd like to add: Stoker, Eggers, Worst Murakami, Vidal, late period Corncob, Zadie Smith
>>
>>9985892
Henry James also (according to Oscar Wilde) "wrote fiction as if it were a painful necessity".
>>
>>9985886
Never Let Me Go is overrated. Remains of the Day, though, is as close to a perfect novel as you're likely to find.
>>
you're all disgusting, profligate plebe scum
>>
>>9985943
There was nothing overtly "objectionable" about Remains of the Day, but I would never recommend it to anyone because:
1. It is dull (no one can deny this)
2. It is not redeemed by any stylistic distinctiveness.
3. Setting = basically a stereotypical pre-modern snobbish England as dreamt up by a foreigner. Thus even it's "realism" is fake.
>>
>>9985965
I didn't find it dull at all. The humor was terrific throughout, and the use of Stevens as an unreliable narrator who gradually realizes his own unreliability was really very adroitly done.

And honestly, the lack of stylistic flair was a stylistic choice in and of itself, given the milieu in which the story took place.
>>
>>9985965
>a foreigner

It wasn't boring. Obviously it was a bit to subtle for you.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.