[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of the fact that intellectuals are often

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: internetintellectual.jpg (35KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
internetintellectual.jpg
35KB, 500x356px
What does /lit/ think of the fact that intellectuals are often derided for their use of the Internet as a way to spread their ideas? Should modern geniuses like Mencius Moldbug, Scott Alexander, 2010s-era Nick Land, and the Last Psychiatrist be thought less of because they use the blog format as their primary means of communication?
>>
>>9984199
I doubt anyone cares about the way of communication. But they clearly have a moronic target group.
>>
>>9984207
>they clearly have a moronic target group.
Who? Certainly not the people mentioned in the OP.
>>
I have already completely my philosophy of life.
I have an IQ of 157.
I can paint like Leonardo DiCaprio.
I've critiqued at least 677 books on Goodreads, 1405 films on IMDb, and 3 albums on RYM.
"I am great, not because I am great, but because I am" - me
>>
>>9984199
I'm seriously confused on what the picture is supposed to imply, if you paint in your free time but have internet connection you aren't an artist? If you write a critique on something but have internet access youre not a critic? If you write poetry but have internet access you're not a poet? So do all deep intellectuals in this world not have internet access? This just seems like something made by a bitter brainlet to ridicule anyone who actually has a genuine passion for something other than mindless passivity
>>
File: 400x400_Herz_Smilie.gif (237KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
400x400_Herz_Smilie.gif
237KB, 400x400px
>>9984254
be my bf
>>
>>9984199
That image was unironically me (and still is to an extent). Fuck I'm lost
>>
>>9984199
Calling things "pretentious" is very often a way of justifying your own mediocrity or lack of will to do things. You can dislike a person's work but at least admit that's your opinion and hell, at least the person is trying to create something, it's better than nothing.
>>
>>9984199
Men, people probably said the same at the invention of the printing press
>>
>>9984199
>2010s-era Nick Land
what? he's now just a shadow of his 1990s self
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.