[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heidegger and Guenon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: guenon heidegger.png (269KB, 819x524px) Image search: [Google]
guenon heidegger.png
269KB, 819x524px
>> There is metaphysical truth, but it is irrelevant of good or bad and only pertains to the true nature of Being
>> Modern technology's obsession with quantification makes it extremely dangerous to mankind
>> Technology isn't inherently bad, we just need to prioritize the search for metaphysical truth
>> Practically all western philosophy only obscures the truth instead of accepting and working towards it
>> Heavy influence by eastern philosophy

Rene Guenon and Martin Heidegger seem to have so much in common, but nobody ever talks about them together. They're pretty opposed to one another in their ways of life and how they formed their ideas, but their philosophies have a lot of overlap.

Thoughts?
>>
I bet they do not tell how in details the method to experience the truth
>>
Any examples of eastern influence on Heidegger?
>>
>>9983205
I don't have any textual references offhand, but I definitely get a Daoist vibe from a lot of his ideas. This sums it up pretty nicely https://everipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Heidegger/#Heidegger_and_Eastern_thought
>>
>>9983205
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/kyoto-school/

>Between 1937 and 1939, Nishitani studied with Heidegger, who was at the time beginning to grapple with the question of nihilism, and whose phenomenology had developed into a thinking of the “clearing of being” or what he would later characterize as a “topology of being” (Heidegger 1975, Vol. 15, 335). Influenced no doubt in part by his contact with Heidegger (and perhaps in turn influencing Heidegger, who frequently invited him to his house to learn about Zen), Nishitani developed, in his own highly original manner, existential and phenomenological aspects of Nishida's topology of absolute nothingness.
>>
>>9983186
i bet they're gay for each other
>>
>>9983186
H is catholic
>>
>>9983205

heidegger was a big fan of zen buddhist/scholar d.t. suzuki, going so far as to say this about him: "If I understand this man correctly, this is what I have been trying to say in all my writings."
>>
>>9983186
Nice b8, that's clearly Kylo Ren
>>
>>9984117
Guenon was born Catholic too, but between his outspoken criticisms of Catholicism and Heidegger's explicit denial of an afterlife, I don't think either could be considered Catholic in the truest sense of the word.
>>
File: LAST_PAGE_SAVE_RAID.jpg (306KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
LAST_PAGE_SAVE_RAID.jpg
306KB, 1920x1200px
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.