[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone on /lit/ ever achieved Satori? How did you go about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Alex Gray Paintbrush.jpg (330KB, 1000x1007px) Image search: [Google]
Alex Gray Paintbrush.jpg
330KB, 1000x1007px
Has anyone on /lit/ ever achieved Satori?
How did you go about it, and what insights can you share, if any?
>>
>>9981141
Once.
>>
>>9981159
And?
>>
>>9981141
The more I look at that picture the stupider it gets.
>>
>>9981192
I saved it to my computer while tripping and now realize it's laughably kitschy, unfortunately it's all I have in my "trippy shit" folder made the very same day.
>>
>>9981141
once.

i was going down on my gf while she whipped me. i could feel the blood running down my back.

insights? practice. lots of practice.
>>
>>9981141
yes
i realized that i have a spooky skeleton inside me
>>
File: 1504613505642.jpg (2MB, 2311x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1504613505642.jpg
2MB, 2311x3000px
"If you think you're meditating, you're not meditating."
>>
>>9981141
>Has anyone on /lit/ ever achieved Satori?
I don't know.
>>
File: dvd.png (96KB, 318x292px) Image search: [Google]
dvd.png
96KB, 318x292px
>>9982082
>i was going down on my gf while she whipped me.

I envy you
>>
“If, bhikkhus, a bhikkhu’s citta has become dispassionate towards the form element, it is liberated from the taints by nonclinging. If his mind has become dispassionate towards the feeling element … towards the perception element … towards the volitional formations element … towards the consciousness element, it is liberated from the taints by nonclinging. By being liberated, it is steady; by being steady, it is content; by being content, he is not agitated. Being unagitated, he personally attains (pari)Nibbāna.
SN 22.45
>>
>>9981141
I thought I did a few years ago. I learned stuff that would be interesting to an 18 year old but probably not very many people in this site would learn much. I remember thinking we all live based on a set of learned axioms. Some people set them up so that they are constantly miserable while son are kinder to them selves. I hadn't read anything close to philosophy back then so the idea of an axiom was pretty interesting to me.

I also remember playfully saying ideas that were wrong but had just enough logic to be considerable. Like beards are antennas for spiritual knowledge and that is why women have a much harder time achieving higher states. I saw everything in metaphor and was always trying to trip people up in conversation so they would have to actually think. That's when I would get em at their most open state. I remember wanting to fulfill all my friends deepest dreams so they could move on to enlightenment themselves.

Since then I have been way less interested in emotional peaks and I just like to listen to jazz and read books. I had some really nuts feeling that I could never top so now I just want to relax with good friends.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.