[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into Existential Christianity? Is it possible to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5528.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5528.gif
2MB, 480x270px
How do I get into Existential Christianity? Is it possible to be a Christian and not trust the Church as it is contradictory to the Word?
>>
>>9980167
Read Kierkegaard
>>
>>9980230
No read Dostoevsky
>>
>Is it possible to be a Christian and not trust the Church as it is contradictory to the Word?
Have you not heard of that whole reformation thing that happened a while back?
>>
>>9980248
Both go hand in hand, but Captain Kirk is more to the point
>>
>>9980256
Protestants still answer to a father figure priest though, it's just another example of a controlling body of gov't
>>
>>9980256
Every day I pray for an end to that heresy
St bartholomew's best day of my life
>>
>>9980286
just be a baptist :^)
>>
>>9980167
> Is it possible to be a Christian and not trust the Church
I'm pretty sure Christian Anarchism is a thing.
>>
>>9980256
anarchist christian is the way to go.
just tattoo yourself a fish on the cheek and burn the usurers
>>
Just read Walker Percy
>>
'existential christianity' is Christianity for teenagers that cannot actually commit to Christianity
>>
>>9980665
= Christians with critical thinking skills
>>
>>9980678
>critical thinking is good
You're already too far gone.
>>
Heidegger. Just replace Dasein with God and you're on your way
>>
Your body is the temple of God. Bring forth the Good, the Just, the Beautiful, the True in the name of the Lord. Live in a way befitting the Son of God.
>>
>>9980691
good brainlet
>>
>>9980694
I... ok.
>>
>>9980768
>implying that is an insult
Give yourself to God.
>>
>>9980691
This is your brain of Christianity
>>
>>9980167
The Church is Jesus (the Word of God, which is not a book), the Holy Spirit, the Apostles, their disciples, the Church Fathers, the Councils, the Bible they wrote and canonized, the clergy, the laity, and the Saints.

Which part of the Church exactly do you distrust? The Holy Spirit part?
>>
>>9980167
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/daoism/
>>
>>9982457
The child rapists
>>
>>9982466
Allowing men with the homosexual mental illness into the clergy in the 1960s was a mistake but it was a different time.
>>
>>9980691
Contemplation of the Mysteries is a holy gift from God and requires the use of our intellect and critical thinking. One who does not use his faculties can never honestly enjoy the Mysteries, nor genuinely believe in them.
>>
>>9982496
Perhaps, but certainly not your perverted intelligence.
>>
>>9982480
>in the 1960s
>christcucks have actually convinced themselves the Catholic pederasty is a recent phenomenon

Lmao
All the popes started with the Greeks, if you get what I mean
>>
>>9982480
People were always fucking kids dude, its just that we found out. Its the same in every powerful institution, Protestants in the BBC, Jews in Hollywood.
God knows all the kid fucking that's went on that we'll never know about
>>
>>9980167
Who /hobbithead/ here?
>>
>>9980286
>Protestants still answer to a father figure priest though
Well except for Quakers and Unitarians and a bunch of other sects.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.