[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommending unwieldy literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: big book.png (73KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
big book.png
73KB, 500x382px
So my wife and I are having a baby soon, meaning if I've got a baby in one hand, the book in the other needs to be small/light/easy to put down.

So before the baby arrives, I'd like to read some larger books, specifically ones that require reading a physical, non-e-reader copy (ex: War & Peace and The Count of Monte Cristo can be read on an e-reader, but The House of Leaves has multicolor text, Infinite Jest was made to force you to flip, etc)

Aside from recommendations, I'd also love to know if I have to read Portrait of an Artist before Ulysses. People on here say it's a requisite, but is it? I've read Dubliners (along with most of Shakespeare, the Odyssey, etc). But am I missing out on something if I skip it for now?

tl;dr, what are long/large books that all but necessitate reading the physical book copy?
>>
File: 1424239871120.png (710KB, 1044x495px) Image search: [Google]
1424239871120.png
710KB, 1044x495px
>>9978852
Have you read pic related?
>>
>>9979006
Ha! That IJ is pretty accurate.

Looking for advice on Ulysses, already read GR and IJ.
>>
I don't think you should be holding your child with just one hand...
>>
>>9979038
>Football hold
>Over-the-shoulder burp
New moms manage too cook and clean while holding a squirming infant; I'm sure with my hands & arms being the size they are I'll be fine with a newborn and a paperback
>>
>>9978852
You can put the baby down occasionally, you know. It doesn't have to suck on your tit all the time.

>>9979045
>New moms manage too cook and clean while holding a squirming infant
m8 do you live in a fucking cartoon?
>>
>>9979038
>>9979045
>>9980292
Let's get off holding the baby and let's talk books. There's large, dense books out there that are going to be more demanding of my attention than an infant will allow. I'll also have to stay away from larger physical books, as I may need to move them, set them down, etc, at a moment's notice. House of Leaves is an example of a book I'm probably not going to be able to manage with a crying newborn.

Also, thoughts on Ulysses before Portrait? I'm thinking of just diving right in, but I'm not sure how related they are.
>>
File: 6486605.jpg (54KB, 276x400px) Image search: [Google]
6486605.jpg
54KB, 276x400px
>>9980383
What about BolaƱo?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.