[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>writes the best novel and the best poem of the 20th century

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

>writes the best novel and the best poem of the 20th century simultaneously
How did he do it bros?
>>
>>9976694
It's a very good novel but in commenting on the self-absorption of the academic world it, ironically enough, becomes that which it critiques. It's expertly done, no doubt, but lacks the profundity of Joyce, Proust or Faulkner.

The poem is pretty good too but not my cup of tea
>>
>>9976709
Thank you for a measured response
>>
>>9976694
Must have been a slow century.
>>
File: 1659-4386.medium.jpg (26KB, 260x375px) Image search: [Google]
1659-4386.medium.jpg
26KB, 260x375px
>>
>the best poem of the 20th century
that is, if you know like three poets from 20th century
(or are a faggot insisting muh true has to rhyme or some shit)
>>
Nabokov drones should be gassed.
>>
File: Mafia.gif (4MB, 260x185px) Image search: [Google]
Mafia.gif
4MB, 260x185px
>Pale Fire
>Best poem
Did you even read it brah?
>>
>>9976694
He didn't. Proust, Joyce, Bely and a ton of others wrote better novels, and the Pale Fire poem doesn't come close to Neruda, Pessoa, or a host of others.
>>
>>9976694
>Pale Fire (poem)
>good
It's trash, that's the point, Kinbote is obsessed with Shade even those he's a literally who poet whose magnum opus is garbage.
For example:

I was an infant when my parents died.
They were both ornithologists. I've tried
So often to evoke them that today
I have a thousand parents. Sadly they
Dissolve in their own virtues and recede,
But certain words, chance words I hear or read,
Such as "bad heart" always to him refer,
And "cancer of the pancreas" to her.

Tell me with a straight face that that's better than the Waste Land.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.