[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to maximize reading comprehension

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Blue hills.jpg (28KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Blue hills.jpg
28KB, 800x600px
I don't want to be a speedreader, the opposite I want to read as slow and better as possible but how do I do it.
>>
>>9974362

read with a dictionary
take many pauses to think about what you just read
take notes
>>
Opposite question. I take pauses to think about what I just read, but it's involuntary. I think I may have ADD. Tips for speedreading pls
>>
>>9974362
You have to sound out each and every word in your head.
>>
The idea of reading isn't for comprehension, it's so you can brag about having read obscure books on esoteric subjects.
>>
>>9974593
Skip over filler words like "a" and "the" and focus solely on nouns and verbs if you want to get the gist.
>>
>>9974625
>it's so you can brag about having read obscure books on esoteric subjects.
Where, for sure it isn't on this board.
>>
File: Jan_Matejko,_Stańczyk (1).jpg (629KB, 2500x1870px) Image search: [Google]
Jan_Matejko,_Stańczyk (1).jpg
629KB, 2500x1870px
>>9974384
Follow this OP, pragmatic reading is the only way to slog through non-fiction. If you want to remember what you read, do this for fiction as well.

The downside to this is that it will make you loathe reading after a while.
>>
>>9974625
Exactly what's wrong with this board summed up in one post.
>>
Have as clear an idea of what you're reading as possible. Resist the urge to just rely on context in order to figure out meaning and importance. The latter is a crucial skill to develop: when everything is in focus, you'll be able to see all the details that the writer "paints" the scene with, and that will allow your comprehension and analysis to have weight and accuracy. When you only consider important the things that the narrator considers important at a given moment, then you might miss out on subtleties.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.