[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just discovered some of my books looks like this, wtf do I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1ghyju.png (328KB, 399x497px) Image search: [Google]
1ghyju.png
328KB, 399x497px
Just discovered some of my books looks like this, wtf do I do?
>>
you're fucked
>>
>>9971279
WTF.
Where do you store your books?
>>
>>9971288
Inside on a shelf..
>>
>>9971290
Post pics
>>
>>9971290
I've lived in some really moldy places, but that is some excessively pervasive mold. Do you live in the bottom of a well? Because one of my basements was basically an old well, and that never happened to any of my books. You can't save that shit anymore dude. IT's gone.
>>
if that's mould you should get a mask, take it outside and brush it off and wipe it with alcohol wipes. you can vacuum it with a HEPA filter instead too. freezing them wrapped in plastic for at least 24 hrs after is a good idea because you kill the mould and any silverfish/eggs that may have been drawn to it
>>
>>9971303
Nope, don't even have a basement. It seems to have hit the old books tho', the one in the pic is ~100yo..

>>9971304
>and wipe it with alcohol wipes.
I might give that a go
>>
how in the hell anon
>>
>>9971348
>It seems to have hit the old books tho', the one in the pic is ~100yo..
Dude, I have books that are 300+ years old. That's not age mold, that's really fucking excessive damp mold. They'd have to be somewhere REALLY damp, for a LONG time.
>>
>>9971426
i figured stored in a windowsill
>>
>>9971279
Open your windows daily, especially after you've cooked and showered. Get a shelf of actual wood. And try not to sweat so much when you talk to your anime pillow. She can't laugh at you.
>>
>>9971430
>windowsill
That's still the damp, really. Windows get cold, condense. Some are poorly insulated. It looks like fucking bread mold. I've never seen that anywhere except maybe like, a hoarders house.
>>
>>9971435
that was my point: it looks like the mould patterns you get from storing in windowsills. normally you get sunbleaching and less mould/more foxing moulds in the pages exposed to the window if you don't have it flush, so the mould develops between the books.
>>
>>9971449
before this gets misinterpretted too:
keeping them flush to the window doesn't cure this, it just makes the mould eat the whole book instead of just the cover
>>
>>9971426
>I have books that are 300+ years old. That's not age mold
Same here, so I figured. Nonetheless, it's only ~15 books that are hit, and they are all +100yo.

>>9971430
On a shelf, inside, out of direct sunlight

>>9971434
>Open your windows daily, especially after you've cooked and showered
I do, plus I always close the door to that room when I do either
>Get a shelf of actual wood
It already is
>try not to sweat so much when you talk to your anime pillow
Funny guy :^)
>>
>>9971461
>they are all +100yo.
Where did you get them? Did you get them at different times? It's possible one had mold spores you didn't see, and it spread.
>>
>>9971470
>Did you get them at different times?
I bought 10 of them a few months ago, so it might be the case
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.