[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that the culture, mythology, history, etc. of a place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: JacquesDerrida.jpg (120KB, 1181x1209px) Image search: [Google]
JacquesDerrida.jpg
120KB, 1181x1209px
Is it true that the culture, mythology, history, etc. of a place must be understood before looking into and understanding said place's philosophy and how it shaped the individuals from there?
Or can philosophy simply be learned on its own, as the ideas themselves, largely divorced from those things?
>>
>>9971325
> Postmodernism is Jewish
The first postmodern philosopher, Heidegger, was a literal Nazi
>>
>>9971325
Your a terrible historian
>>
>>9971421
>your
>>
>>9971447
Your gay
And your history is spookier than nigger jerky
>>
>>9971325
>No, it's not, and if those were the actual intentions, Derrida would have spent some time looking at his own jewishness and how that influenced his perspective and intentions instead of focusing on white people and western culture.

He did.
>>
>>9971639
citation needed
>>
>>9971643
Read his last interview
>>
>>9971691
No evil jewish plot there, m8.
>>
>>9971253
It can be learned on its own. It's useful to know that the ideas aren't divorced from the cultural, mythological, historical idioms that form the language they are written in though, but these things aren't necessarily required.
>>
>>9971705
Yeah funny that

>What I call "deconstruction," even when it is directed against something European, is European, is a product
of Europe, a reflection of Europe on itself as experience of a radical otherness. Since the days of the
Enlightenment, Europe has been in a permanent state of self-critique, and in this tradition of perfectibility
there is a hope for the future. At least I hope so, and this is what fuels my indignation before utterances
that condemn Europe utterly, as if it were defined only by its crimes.

> Europe, an entirely other Europe but with the
same set of memories, could - or so I would wish - unite against the politics of American global dominance
(see Wolfowitz, Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc.) and at the same time also against Arab-Muslim theocratism,
unenlightened, and without a political future (but let's also take note of the diversity even in these two
blocs, and let us ally ourselves with the opposition within them.)
>>
>>9971744
This just says that he his against globalism and theocratism.
>>
>>9971806
Yeah funny that. There's also another paragraph there too.
>>
>>9971822
Which says he considers his own concept european (and perfectible), probably because he his european himself.
>>
>>9971852
Of course you guess I am. That's what yo do.
>>
>>9971852
>the Enlightenment is anti-European

Revisionism
>>
>>9971908
He literally avoided taking up arms against the French in the Algerian war of independence and instead taught the language. The dude's a Euraboo through and through and evidently has greater respect for the intellectual integrity of European thinking than you and your informal fallacies. Quit inverting our board culture and values... how many times have you been banned but still return?
>>
>>9971962
So the answer is you've been banned a lot but you can't see the parallels between kicking Jews out and kicking you people out. Too bad Derrida is the only Jewish postmodernist otherwise you might have a point.
>>
>>9972039
I see it's too inconvenient for you to acknowledge that yes, Derrida is the only Jewish postmodernist ("idols" plural), so you abandoned the point. Serious discussion indeed. Is it all the serious discussion that gets you banned?
>>
>>9971253
The philosopher behind the philosophy must be understood, which does require understanding a bit about the culture, mythology, history, etc. that the philosopher lived in. If you divorce the philosophy from the philosopher, it's like blindfolding one eye when analyzing something.
>>
File: jelly.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
jelly.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>9971253
>Is it true that the culture, mythology, history, etc. of a place must be understood before looking into and understanding said place's philosophy and how it shaped the individuals from there?
No, but the context helps.

>Or can philosophy simply be learned on its own, as the ideas themselves, largely divorced from those things?
Yes, but it will be the worse for it.
>>
>>9971325
>Not understanding the slow growth of modernity from through history
>not getting that Jews are associated with it because they lean into modernist trends, not cause it directly
>>
>>9971253
read hegel's philosophy of history
>>
tiresome
>>
>>9972815
this seems reasonable
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.