[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It was enjoyable but this has to be the most sentimental and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1474363913111.png (220KB, 325x499px) Image search: [Google]
1474363913111.png
220KB, 325x499px
It was enjoyable but this has to be the most sentimental and out of character fanfiction that I have ever read. It really reeks of the author being absolutely buttpained by the events of Faust and completely downplaying all of the flaws of Satan until we have this kawaii "dindu nothing wrong except shitpost a bit" character (with only Berlioz existing to remind us that Satan is actually Satan - although whether he had anything to do with Berlioz's ultimate fate is still utterly debatable) and (in the classic fanfiction manner) scapegoating all the evil onto the Soviet Union instead.
>>
>>9969175
I haven't read the book but I can tell from your criticisms you don't understand it.
>>
>>9969175
Did you mean Berlioz the composer?
>>
File: 1488567757766.png (156KB, 644x635px) Image search: [Google]
1488567757766.png
156KB, 644x635px
>>9969180
>I haven't read this piece of massive Pontius Pilate and Faust fixit fanwank
I can't believe that /lit/ loves this feelgood shit. It is feelgood but is incredibly derivative even when considered by fanfic standards.
>>
Can you explain more?

I liked it a lot (it was recommended to me by my Russian teacher) but haven't read Faust yet...
>>
>>9969229
Woland (Satan) is quite benevolent compared to his incarnation in Faust, aside from the practical jokes which largely do not inflict harm (unless said harm is karmic) upon the victims.
>>
>>9969268
(cont)
The book was incredibly and unexpectedily uplifting, as well as optimisitic, with the exception of the Soviet interludes. This facet of the book was welcome but very different from the sort of book that I was expecting.
>>
>>9969175
Aside from the endless beautifully intricate and subtle symbolism in the four Pilate Chapters, what did you think of his version of Jesus?
>>
>>9969372
It has been many years since I read the bible but Jesus was less frightened/desperate in the original and more divine compared to this version. He seemed much more human.
>>
>>9969175
You're missing the point completely.

The Devil is not the modern satanitical entitiy. He is ortodox version of a man (unwillingly) working for God who's task is punishing sinners. He's task is working chaos on Russians, and the timing of his coming is telling a lot. From the moon phases at the end we learn it's Easter, the greatest christian feast, and nobody is paying attention, so he's given a free reign.
>>
>>9969197
>he thinks the novel is popular only on /lit/
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.