[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommendations for crime novels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Death Note.gif (282KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
Death Note.gif
282KB, 340x255px
Recommendations for crime novels?
>>
>>9968775
six four by hideo yokoyama. im sure by now someone is gonna call me out for shilling that fucking novel, but fuck you. 800 pages and worth it. its slow but it holds your hand. you never get lost with characters, which i loved considering a lot of crime novels seem to throw characters around and just leave you to memorize them like you are about to take a test. the twist is one of a kind.
>>
>>9968775
in my experience crime novels are a meme. Most are about the investigators personal drama with a tacked on killer who has psych 101 issues and a puzzle that makes heavy rain look good
>>
>>9968775
Crime and Punishment
>>
>>9968812
>Most are about the investigators personal drama with a tacked on killer
Too true. And it's so boring when's made that way. The Mentalist was the only one I felt was good in this regard, but it was a TV show and it had a lot of other things besides this connection that appeared once in a while.

>>9968775
Some of Tess Gerritsen works are very good. Ice Cold, The Surgeon and The Sinner are some of those I've read of hers. I think I'd properly recommend Ice Cold and The Sinner, but not really The Surgeon since it doesn't have Maura.
>>
>>9968812
I miss Death Note. I would like to read something like detective vs. accused.

>>9968940
I read. Great book.
>>
>>9968775
The Big Sleep
>>
>>
File: $_57.jpg (44KB, 327x500px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
44KB, 327x500px
The rest of the series is uneven. You won't regret it though.

>>9968812
>Most are about the investigators personal drama with a tacked on killer who has psych 101 issues and a puzzle that makes heavy rain look good
Not wrong, but these Swedes do it well.
>>
The pledge was good
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.