[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Socially clueless - help!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: unflag.gif (8KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
unflag.gif
8KB, 384x256px
This is a request thread on ‘social’ books: books on how to behave around / with other people. Like etiquette books and the famous ‘how to win friends and influence people’.
I’m sharing a bit of myself so you can better understand my request:
Due to very little social contact, I’ve kind of become a shut-in for a long while now.
A jealous, bullying older brother who I had to share a roof with; A short-tempered father strained from work and my brother’s acts; Depression and not dealing well with my sexuality – All these things made me hide and become emotionally distant from people.
While trying to be a good person (which I genuinely was back in kindergarden), I've honestly turned very flawed, egotistic and often react in a exagerated/cross way to people without even realizing I've done it.
Sometimes it’s a very small trigger: like trying to hang up for the fourth time on an old friend and it’s getting awkward. Often times, I’m just too unwilling to invest in another person’s interest, and as I’m told by my BF, everything asked from me is like a huge chore.
Outside of me partly being a carbon copy of the narcissistic, ‘parasitic’ type of person, damaging to the relationship I’m in, this is honestly something of an obstacle as I hope to pursue an active career in a field where smooth interpersonal relations are required (pic related)
In conclusion, I’m a socially clueless guy who needs to better his whole act (down to the morals and ingrained habits of thought). What books / films should I read?
Thanks in advance,
>>
start with the greeks
>>
I think you'd like the famous ‘how to win friends and influence people’.
>>
How to win friends and influence people, but be a true nobleman and also read some Dostoyevsky translated by Garnett you will behave like a true gentleman .
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.