[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth reading lads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6789.jpg (33KB, 331x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6789.jpg
33KB, 331x500px
Is it worth reading lads?
>>
>>9967251
>he hasn't read it yet
Have you been living in a cave?
>>
>>9967251
1. If you like the allegory implied in xmen that the mutants are gays and/or lgbt
2. If you're just getting out of a relationship.
3. If you're into vampires and werewolves and don't need the action and violence.
4. If you can read the book and identify with Bella and not one of the boys.
>>
No, I just read it as a teenager because some girls read it so I could talk about it with them but it truly is a waste of time and the writer is so mentally backwards, even worse than /pol/ but still for some reason the hordes of feminists haven't complained about it
>>
>>9967251
Is this book still a thing?
I remember this piece of horsedung was as loved as it was hated.
>>
>>9967251
It's kind of fun hate-reading it. The lead character is so incredibly narcissistic and yet the author favors her the whole time. Her two idiot suitors aren't much better.
>>
>>9967251

As much as Harry Potter gets memed, it really is what you should read if you want to read YA fantasy. Twilight is just awful.
>>
>>9967251
Only if you want to understand it as a cultural phenomenon. It actually is as terrible as its reputation.
>>
Oh hell, I got curious and just started it. In all honesty, the writing itself so far isn't that bad. I've heard it's worth reading to analyze why it's so effective with its target audience, and that is because it is manipulative in getting young girls to fall in love with pretty boy vampire, take him away, and keep them flipping pages to wait for him to come back.
>>
Lost my virginity to a 18 y/o qt blonde about a decade ago because I could bullshit about this book. Good times....
>>
>>9967470
>the writer is so mentally backwards

Which is exactly what makes it more interesting than the bulk of YA novels.
>>
>>9967464
The mutants were never gays, they were blacks
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.