[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips on how to write a high school story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: yoh shaman kingshot_3.png (144KB, 414x529px) Image search: [Google]
yoh shaman kingshot_3.png
144KB, 414x529px
I used to be very imginative as a kid and wrote a lot but I haven't done it in like 10 years so I don't even know where to start from..I'm thinking about writing it in third person and styling it like a japanese light novel
>>
>styling it like a japanese light novel
In that case you don't need to know anything about writing.
>>
Here's all I thought up so far
It's going to be a self-made novel about a group of teenagers living a high school life. All the characters are based on real life people, but in this context they are completely fictional. The story will be told in third person and styled like a japanese light novel. Each chapter will tell the story of a different character in his/her point of view. It's falls into the category of romance, drama and fantasy. Most of the events will be based on dreams I've had.
>>
>>9967191
yes by light novel I meant the very simple amateurish writing style, heavy on dialougue, basically the stuff you see in fanfictions
>>
>>9967204
If you're already telling the story where each chapter is point of view of different character, wouldn't it be better, or at least easier, to tell it in first person?
>>
>>9967245
I got inspired by game of thrones (a song of ice and fire) in which every chapter is named after one of the characters and told in third person. I don't know, I think it would fit the narrative better.
>>
>>9967262
>>9967245
3rd limited with lots of POVs is hot in fantasy right now, first person is hot in YA fantasy. Writing in first person in some places can be a signal that the story is YA-oriented.
>>
>>9967191
>>9967207
If your goal is to write in a simple amateurish style you should probably write as you are right now because you are, at this point, an amateur, which I think was the point of the first post in this thread.
>>
Thanks for the advice, I should probably use the third person only to narrate some parts (like the prologue, character introductions, etc) and mainly the first person for each character, so a mix of both.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.