[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Walden a dry read? I'm considering it for my next conquest.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: walden.jpg (89KB, 200x304px) Image search: [Google]
walden.jpg
89KB, 200x304px
Is Walden a dry read? I'm considering it for my next conquest.
>>
>>9966019
There are parts that are undeniably dry, but if you stick with it you will see that they all compliment the most transcendent passages in the book. The transformation from mundane and material concerns to the abstract and sublime is exactly what makes the book so beautiful
>>
>>9966045
Ok I can dig that, anon. Walden it is.
>>
Very dry. There are some great bits in there but overall I found it quite boring.
>>
Dry as hell. Sprinklings of greatness but I found it to be one hell of a slog for the most part.

Takes him like 2 pages to denounce the opinions of all old people because they didn't live the lifestyle he currently is.

>lives 2 miles from town and still goes there to get supplies

ok henry
>>
>>9966019
When I was younger (about 16) I thought it dry and exceptionally boring. At 23 it was as if i was reading a completely different book. Truly, it's wonderful all the way through.
>>
I finished reading it two days ago and I can say that while it can get incredibly dry the good bits tend to make up for it.
>>
It's literally him sperging out from society and bragging about tilling his field for beans and lining his shit-cabin (emancipation from landlords wew!) with moss to insulate it and talking to bum fisherman who wander over to his cabin. Good book, read it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.