[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supposing work is the highest virtue, and life is only about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: money_maker.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
money_maker.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
Supposing work is the highest virtue, and life is only about money, why aren't more people rich?
>>
>>9964129
People are quite rich.
>>
>>9964129
given these suppositions, we can draw the conclusion that the virtuous are few.
thank god your suppositions are crosseyed horseshit
>>
Poetry's the highest virtue
I wish your mother never had you
>>
>>9964129
Reading Proust is the highest virtue
>>
File: 1444351468521.png (103KB, 624x434px) Image search: [Google]
1444351468521.png
103KB, 624x434px
>>9964129
Because richness is defined solely by contrast, and in order to have a relatively extraordinary amount of wealth it is necessary that most others do not have a similar amount for it to be extraordinary.
>>
>>9964129
poverty is the highest virtue
>>
>>9964129
We are. The computer you posted this idiotic thread on is of such absurd value you cannot even comprehend it.

We are all implausibly wealthy by the standards of a century ago. More people today live in absolute splendor than have ever before in the history of the human race.
>>
Because within your system not every person would be virtuous.
I mean in reality devotion to God is the highest virtue and life is only about connecting with God yet there are billions of people who have spurned Him, it's just human nature to be flawed.
>>
>>9964335
Why did God seperate us from him in the first place?
>>
>>9964498
entertainment
>>
Consider that the highest virtue is a matter of perception, and many higher virtues than money. To the richest man with nobody, a man with friends has it all. To the man in the streets the couple driving to their new home has it all.

Money has its foot in the world because currency is a must for the operation of what we consider society, but that doesn't mean that everybody looks at money as the end-all.

I would far rather sit here and ponder in my mind questions of existence then I would work 3 jobs to be 'ahead' with my finances.
>>
>>9964509
cruel desu
>>
>>9964129

We must imagine Sisyphus happy
>>
life is will to power, nothing more
>>
>>9964534

What about the death instinct?
>>
>>9964557
kill yourself and tell me how it works out in life
>>
>>9964565

No I mean

if "life is will to power" do you mean all we really do is strive for more life/power

where does death instinct / striving for death, oblivion fit in
>>
>>9964571
Striving for death/oblivion is counter-intuitive and sought after by a minority of the minorities. You can't base any broad perception of humanity off of them.
>>
>>9964573

that sounds like a cop out

everyone has the death instinct
>>
I don't know, but there's a simple way to get a thread deleted.
>>
>>9964576

How?
>>
>>9964571
that's in the individual's hands and can be easily brought about by will to power
>>
>>9964557
jewish meme made up by the guy who said everyone wants to fuck their mother and that dreaming about a tower means you're thinking about dicks

freud was a degenerate coke fiend
>>
>>9964575
Existential nihilism is the ruling force in the universe. death and life mean nothing but you can not experience anything with death so life is the more desirable of the two.
>>
File: 1502834227458.png (290KB, 598x679px) Image search: [Google]
1502834227458.png
290KB, 598x679px
>>9964585

Freud vs Jung who wins
>>
>>9964592
The majority of their work doesn't conflict.
>>
>>9964592
Neither, both memesters without substance.

I guess Jung is preferable since he's kind of cute and magical about it instead of a dirty pervert.
>>
>>9964607

Not true - they had a pretty big falling out over Freud's sexual theory
>>
>>9964623

>cute and magical

He was a major bullshitter
>>
>>9964630
Sure but there's a bit more fantasy about his bullshit than 'go fuck ya mutha'
>>
>>9964592
jung if you look at his original texts you can see where he pretty blatantly went out of the way to disprove freud
>>
>>9964635

What if he was right
>>
>>9964647
Don't worry, he wasn't.
>>
>>9964129
The Jews.
>>
>>9964654

thank
>>
>>9964665
You're welcome, senpai.
>>
to come full circle, there is so much more to life than making money. to live life with money as your main pursuit just seems worthless. if it's true then I guess i just don't see it everyday.
>>
Because we buy useless shit
>>
>>9964697
People who worship money are generally poorfags who have never attained a point where money is not a direct problem for them.
>>
>>9964129
Because we live in a demand based economy, and people demand stupid things rather than good things.
So, people who work hard all their life and make amazingly important but uninteresting things will die impoverished, while people who put in very little work and make pointless but fun things will make far more money than they could use in 100 lifetimes.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.