[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theologians of 4chan.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: leesd.jpg (149KB, 900x695px) Image search: [Google]
leesd.jpg
149KB, 900x695px
In the book of the bible, I've come to understand that to Jesus, sadness is a meme. He only wept because people believed there was something to weep about and may it was damage control emotionally, which is ironic. He knew obviously there is nothing he cant redeem or heal, even death itself. Since life is planned and God arbitrarily only allows what he wants to happen because he thinks it has a fruitful outcome, one can only reason then there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this life to get sad about. How can you refute that.
>>
>the nose was designed to hold up spectacles
> we have spectacles
>>
>>9962939
God loves all and would like all to love back. It's the entire reason for creation in the first place, the perpetuation of love. He hates sin because it is the opposite of love, and only by Jesus' sacrifice and God's grace are we sinners with faith be forgiven.
But of course God can be sad about those who have no faith, for they are lost to Him. Jesus cries over Jerusalem as the people turn away from God.
Jesus also wept for Lazarus, not out of social awkwardness lol, but because He was upset that His friends were upset.
Also Matt 26:38 "My soul is very sorrowful, even to death", of course feels sadness at the Father's plan but he carries it out anyway: "My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will." (Matt 26:39)

So for us, like Jesus, there are reasons to be upset too. Lost souls, empathy, and that's God's "fruitful outcome" may bring us extreme negative outcomes in this life.
>>
>>9963005
>only by Jesus' sacrifice and God's grace are we sinners with faith be forgiven.
but that is theoretically incorrect. God chose to die on the cross but it was not in fact mandatory, his omnipotence cannot be reduced to an action lol he clearly states in the bible he can make humans out of stones and that reality is irrelevant if he does not consider it. As for sadness, which was my original concern. Jesus was never actually sad, he just mimicked a reaction that properly coincides with what the people were feeling but there was nothing to literally be sad about for him because he was just about to wake him up. It's a very strange occurrence, that i don't even think can be properly explained. As for sorrow before death. Very strange occurrence. I know he was taking upon the sin of the world, and when he said that his humanity was on display. It was more of a hardware deficiency than actual display of interior. He says to have taken the sins of the world upon himself, and perhaps the worlds sadness as well. To me, attributing it to frustration and fear may be more realistic. Fear because it would hurt his flesh (which for some reason he wanted to endure), and frustration because he can't change minds. He still was divine, and his true nature comes out after the resurrection, when he basically tells them, hey numb nuts why the long face and shock, i fuckin told you a thousand times IM GOD. It's almost like a poignant play, but in reality there truly never was no threat. And that God let us live life now as it, not under his immediate presence, to show us a life of sin is worse. But the spirit is truly, solely, where the danger actually is, no one can save themselves from physical pain, thats a God's power and choice, but someones is in complete control in saving their spirit and invigorating it by saying yes to Jesus, this is the presented theory from life. Signs of sadness is in fact not reasonable but a sign of a deficiency.
>>
File: 1490024687836.jpg (67KB, 600x793px) Image search: [Google]
1490024687836.jpg
67KB, 600x793px
>>9962939
>Christ didn't really suffer
>>
>>9963107
that's not what i said you cognitively deficient charlatan
>>
>>9963163
it's exactly what you said except with all the dumb extra noise pared away
>to Jesus, sadness is a meme
>it was damage control emotionally, which is ironic
>one can only reason then there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this life to get sad about
if you're trying to imply something other than that Christ's suffering was a ruse then please state your case more clearly
>>
>>9963085
>but that is theoretically incorrect. God chose to die on the cross but it was not in fact mandatory
Are you saying that God could forgive us without Jesus' death, forgoing the punishment for sin altogether? That would be theologically incorrect.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23
>>
>>9963214
so feeling sad is the only way to suffer? there's a physical realm you forgot ignoramus, he even said don't weep for me but yourselves, straight from God's mouth, stfu you fraud, fuck off, you diseased this thread with your deus vult bulshit
>>
>>9963256
yes, the crucifixion was the chosen route to salvation, not the only way. God could of snapped his fingers. Go read St. Thomas Aquinas protty. It's also the only logical conclusion, if you are indeed calling him OMNIPOTENT, there is no such thing as "have too" for God
>>
>>9963600
>the crucifixion was the chosen route to salvation, not the only way
Maybe this is true, though I trust God chose the best path.
>God could of snapped his fingers.
God is perfect love (John 4:8), and sin is man's rebellion against love (Josh 1:18). Death is the only resolution for sin and Jesus took that blow for us. God is omnipotent, yes, but also love and wholly good. That's not to enforce a limit on God, that he cannot be not-good, but God himself provides a definition for good. So sin is punished with termination. It's not a case of "has to", it's a case of "is", God "is".
>Go read St. Thomas Aquinas protty
I'll try to eventually, but I'd be surprised if Catholic teachings contradicted the above entirely.
>>
>>9963685
Yes death is the price of sin, because sin IS death. Anyone who lives in sin and rejects Jesus is ALREADY dead. a sinful lifestyle is a deadly lifestyle. We grow old on this earth because God has forsake it, and plans to renew it. This is his choice, but God is not limited to any reality. I'm assuming he chose the crucifixion because it is a way to literally show someone how merciful and loving he is (gets falsely condemned, accepts graciously), or else we'd perhaps have no way of knowing. Now we can confidently say we killed God and he forgave us, holy sh** etc. Second, the crucifixion is one of the most brutal ways to go out and he was still optimistic, this can be used as inspiration or solidarity with those who suffer terrible fates on earth as well. His reasoning is technically sound, as much as it does not hold for me, i can't knock it logically since i have no power to either. There are even stories of saints laughing at or taunting their accusers during the horrific deaths.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.