[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Plato so goddamn sexist pig?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: raffael-plato.jpg (87KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
raffael-plato.jpg
87KB, 1200x1200px
Why was Plato so goddamn sexist pig?
>>
>>9961807
Because he was right.
>>
He never knew Judith Butler
>>
File: IMG_2610.jpg (32KB, 374x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2610.jpg
32KB, 374x300px
>>9961807
>sophist insults
>>
He was a proto-fascist, enamored with eugeny, slavery, book burning and so on, yet the sexism is what disturbs you?
>>
What sexism? Plato was radically egalitarian for his time. Are you confusing him with Aristotle?
>>
It was aristotle who was sexist, Plato didn't really cared about gender since everything that mattered was the soul. He firmly believed not educating women was as stupid as not training half of your body.
>>
>>9962157
This I don't see any sexism in his work, and besides, Republic is replaced by Laws
>>
even having sex with boys is better
>>
>>9961807
Because he was unburdened by the history wrought by ideology
>>
He was Greek. By the standards of the Classical Greek upper class, the guy was a feminist.
>>
Men: can be men or women.

Women: can't even be women.
>>
But he's literally the only Greek that wasn't. Is that the joke?
>>
File: 1503107120566.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1503107120566.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>9962171
>the part in Poetics where Aristotle declares that a clever female character is bad writing
>>
is it because he was gay?
>>
He wasn't very sexist at all, he said women and men could do the same work, and both be guardians in the republic.
>>
>>9962148

He wasn't actually a sexist, he was in favor of women working. Also, I don't understand people calling him fascist and stuff like that, do you guys understand that fascism is not the same as "non-democracy"? Fascism is a modern movement and Platon was in favor of a king not a dictator.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.