[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's better than The Trial.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 41bEU3cS1VL.jpg (17KB, 312x500px) Image search: [Google]
41bEU3cS1VL.jpg
17KB, 312x500px
It's better than The Trial.
>>
Of course it is.
>>
>>9961456
but its not finished. it probably would have been remembered as his big novel if he had just finished it. i dont think anyone wants to go into a novel knowing it doesnt end
>>
>>9961456
was it autism?
>>
>>9962038
Trail is not finished either
But The Castle is just cut in the middle of the story while Trial offers kind of cool ending
>>
>>9961456
not with that edition it isn't. do yourself a favor and only read the Muir translations.
>>
>>9959081
>>
>>9962038
>>9962084
the only thing The Trial possibly has on The Castle is a suitable ending. Even so, I think there's something about the way The Castle finishes that's very apt; we're right on the cusp of learning something new that might uncover more about The Castle or continues to send K running in circles.
>>
>>9962204
I didn't like the whole dress thing. It seemed like a deus ex machina, don't you think?
>>
His short stories are best of all IMO.

Like I know we want to be big and respectable with our big, weighty books, nay, tomes, but given the form and themes, the little gnomic stories are much more to my taste. maybe I'm just lazy, ADD
>>
>>9962038
I'm pretty sure none of his novels are finished, including Amerika.

Which is pretty characteristic to the themes in a lot of his stories, I suppose, if you want to make that excuse.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.