[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CONTROVERSIAL /LIT/ OPINIONS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

The Stranger sucked.

"Hurr durr I'm so intellectual I don't even care I killed ago, life is so absurd hurr durr what even is the point of it all? I'm autistic."

Give that man a nobel prize!
>>
>>9958798
>ago
*a guy
>>
You actually only started this thread to let us all see how you saw the emperor naked by not liking The Stranger, which caused you so much discomfort because of its reputed value that you need us to validate your lack of connection to/understanding of the material. You care not at all about similarly 'controversial' opinions of your fellow /lit/izens, except insofar as they assuage your own dissonance.

I wish you peace in your literary travels, my friend.
>>
>>9958821
No, I actually just want to hear other people's opinions. I read The Stranger when I was like 11 so I don't actually have strong feelings about it, I just wanted to get the thread going.

Anyways, you talk like a big faggot, and frankly I think you're gay, sir.
>>
>>9958798
Yeah man, The Stranger fucking sucks.
>>
Who was the original >tfw to intelligent to believe in anything

Camus or Nietzsche?
>>
>>9958839
Why would you keep your judgment of a book from when you were 11? Haven't you grown up a bit?
>>
>>9958839
i mean, you're not wrong about it
>>
>>9958798
i don't understand the praise that the stranger gets. i really like the plague but the stranger was just sort of ho-hum.
>>
>>9959696
Diogenes
>>
>>9959696

The original
>tfw too intelligent to believe in anything
was probably either Camus or Sartre

Kauffmann though that Nietzsche did believe in God, but like everything with Nietzsche it's kind of complicated and contradictory
>>
>>9958839
I liked The Stranger, but I will admit, some parts of the book are quite odd from a narrative perspective.
But The Stranger seens more like a book you read in the time of your life when you are feeling alienated from your surroudings.
When I read it, many things just sounded so surreal that it actualy make the alienation feel much stronger.
It may also help with this feeling the fact that I made a have seen The School of Life video about Camus, and I had some knowledge of what to expect, tho I will say that, is the same surreal and depressing feeling I feel with Murakami's "A Wild Sheep Chase", after the main character (dont remember moonspeak names) found the Rat.
I think is a more mature literature for people turning into adulthood, where you actualy start to feel those things, thats the reason you probably didnt understand shit when reading it when you were 11.
That said, I too read Descarte's at a young age, and I need to re-read it, because I have the feeling that now I can get it better then before.
>>
Controversial where?
/lit/ has considered the stranger to be entry level/high school fiction for 6 years now.
>>
i jus kiled an arab lol XD

i don giva FUCK (BAD BOY HERE)!
>>
>>9958798
I think it was given the Nobel because of its condemnation of the death penalty.
>>
What's Camus problem with arabs? Does he defend/hate them?
>>
>>9960562
He defended them somewhat in the Algerian uprisings and actually left the Communist Party of France (or was it Algeria, I don't remember) because of the Soviet Union's detraction of support for an Arab revolution.

Later on, he started to condemn bombings because "le maman could be on one of those trains.jpeg" but he was mostly pro-Arab.
>>
I read The Stranger in college and fucking hated it. I could not believe all the praise Camus received. I bet the book is better in French, but man was it BORING.
>>
>>9960614
The Fall is much better, I recommend that over The Outsider any day.
>>
ITT: Pseuds who do not care about anything else than shitting on great works of fiction that are not obscure doorstoppers
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.