[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World's first frogposter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

>Unable to deal with his son's demands, Grahame wrote... 'Have you heard about the Toad? He was never taken prisoner by brigands at all. It was all a low trick of his...' And in another letter: 'My dearest Mouse, I am very glad to hear you have got rid of your cold and have been able to sail your boat in the pond. Now I dare say, you will want to hear something more of the sad misadventures of Mr Toad...'

>As Gauger points out, 'Instead of a personal response to his son, saying, "Yes, we'll come soon," Grahame just launches right into the Toad narratives without answering the emotional needs of the child.'

>Alastair's heartbreaking letters to his father reveal his anguish. In one, he wrote... 'Can you come down here? Please do.' And: 'What do you mean by not coming down for the weekend to pick a bone with me?' But Grahame ignored his needs, writing: 'No doubt you have met some of the animals and have read about Toad's adventures since he was dragged off to the prison by the constable...'

>Alastair's existence was increasingly miserable and solitary. On May 7, 1920, after dining in college, he lay face down on a railway track leading across Oxford's Port Meadow and was decapitated by a train.

Was it autism?
>>
>>9957916
No it wasn't autism, not everything is autism, he was most likely just a cold person.
>>
>>9958158
But the thing is, if he was just a cold person, I don't think he'd put in the effort to write so much about Toad. It feels like he was genuinely trying to put in the effort, but could only do so in the most bizarre way possible.
>>
>>9957916
In Grahame s defense the kid does sound like a bit of a fag.
>>
>>9958610
Oh holy fuck, you can't imagine. Between being mostly blind and horribly mothered and coddled, he was a little tyrant from hell, spoiled rotten by two old parents who didn't even like each other, let alone this weird crippled kid. Grahame's longing to be a carefree bachelor again shows in every page.
>>
>>9959947
They spoiled him rotten for half his life, and then left him completely alone and isolated for the other half. The fault lies with them.

Grahame's life is a sad illustration of what happens when a literal frogposter tries to be a normie.
>>
>Alastair's existence was increasingly miserable and solitary. On May 7, 1920, after dining in college, he lay face down on a railway track leading across Oxford's Port Meadow and was decapitated by a train.
Dude thats pretty hardcore.
>>
>>9960866
Crazy fucker would apparently lie in the middle of busy roads to see whether or not the traffic would stop.
>>
I used to love all of these old frog books. Need to go back and look at them again honestly for the nostalgia of it all.
>>
>>9962190
I always liked Ratty's enjoyment of messing about in boats.
>>
File: todd_2.jpg (402KB, 500x649px) Image search: [Google]
todd_2.jpg
402KB, 500x649px
>>9962245
I like the part where they meet an actual pagan god out of the blue.
>>
>>9962245
I like the part where David Foster Wallace welcomed them to the water!
>>
>>9960858
>Grahame's life is a sad illustration of what happens when a literal frogposter tries to be a normie.

no frogposter could ever have written the chapter of Wind in the Willows entitled "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn". so much pagan symbolism that the chapter was excised from some editions.
>>
File: 1450410949162.jpg (23KB, 630x270px) Image search: [Google]
1450410949162.jpg
23KB, 630x270px
>>9957916
reposting my all time favorite greentext
>>
>>9964655
Why not? Is there something that prevents frogposters from liking pagan deities?
>>
>>9966027
kek
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.