[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/itary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

/lit/ I think I wanna enlist maybe soon
Is there anything I should read to better inform that decision or better choose which branch to join

AND
If I could carry one book on me throughout all my deployments, what work of philosophy or literature should that be?

plsno Meditations or Zarathustra

I'm thinking something pragmatic that can excite and prepare me to embrace the more rigorous hellish aspects of military life coupled with aesthetic beautiful artful prose stylings.

also if youve enlisted how much time do i get to read and write realistically.
>>
You should go talk to real enlisted guys, they have military threads on /k/ and shit

If you want to be all gung-ho for the military read Starship Troopers and/or early uncensored versions of Junger's Storm of Steel or On Pain

But really, there's a good chance that you'll be wasting your life, or at least getting into something that isn't at all what you think it is. Different eras have different military experiences and different enlistment demographics. You might very well be joining an outfit of mainly retard rednecks that will feel more like a cliquey high school than like the camaraderie and "I'd die for you, my brothers!!!!" shit from Starship Troopers. Only way to find this out is to do a LOT of research.
>>
Thus meditated Zarathustra
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.