[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /lit/, you ever done the Kenosha Kid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 235.jpg (34KB, 193x266px) Image search: [Google]
235.jpg
34KB, 193x266px
This is P. and I must say that I'm quite disappointed in you, /lit/, you ever done the Kenosha Kid? no, you've never done it, have you? ... such a shame, wouldn't want you to - wouldn't want to let out a certain octopus... now, would you? no?
>>
>>9952293
Thomas Pynchon is a shit author and a literary con artist.
>>
>>9952368
nice one, thomas.
>>
>>9952368
How good is he? I've never actually read anything by him before
>>
>>9952379
Start with The Crying Lot of 49, it's fantastic. Thomas was just trying to pull your leg in that hyperbolic shitpost there.
>>
On July 4th, 1980, Thomas Pynchon consumed between eight and ten kilograms of marajuana and collapsed in Gordita Beach residence. He was discovered the following morning by neighbors, and was pronounced dead on the scene. Pynchon's publishers had been expecting a new novel from Pynchon since Gravity's Rainbow recieved the national book award years earlier, and concealed his death in the interest of profiting further from Pynchon's immense fame. In 1984, Pynchon's agent-wife Melanie Jackson approached the then-graduate student David Foster Wallace, asking him to assume Pynchon's public identity, and to write novels under Pynchon's name. Wallace agreed, and published Vineland as Thomas Pynchon in 1990 after a long hiatus. Vineland's mediocre reception spurned Jackson and Wallace to try a different approach, and both Mason & Dixon and Against the Day were complied based on Pynchon's notes and drafts written before his death. During this time, Wallace focused more heavily on his own career, publising Infinite Jest one year before Mason & Dixon was released. Wallace's own approach to writing was radically infuenced by his growing frustration with the Thomas Pynchon identity, and with Infinite Jest, Wallace was determined express that frustration by rebelling against the conventional postmodern style that Pynchon represented. As the material Pynchon left behind was used up, however, Wallace was forced to return to writing entirely original novels as the late author, and quickly found he could not keep up with the task while also managing his own burgeoning fame. Overwhelmed, Wallace agreed to stage his own suicide in 2008, and dedicated his efforts to Thomas Pynchon full-time. Bleeding Edge, Wallace's second fully-original novel as Pynchon was published in 2013, and his third, The Japanese Insurance Adjuster, will be completed in 2018.
>>
>>9952293
No, but I've done the Kenosha, kid.
>>
>>9952412
nice, but where's iv?
>>
>>9952412
>the japanese insurance adjustor

Lay it on me, O great and noble Pynch.
>>
>>9952960
>An insurance adjuster fly to Japan to assess the damage done by Godzilla.
>>
heh, welcome to kenosha, kid
>>
>>9953070
smartass youth bandana
>>
>>9952379

>asks board that literally worships Pynchon

Why don't you actually try reading him and judging the style for yourself?
>>
>>9952293
I actually did, Kenosha Kid.
>>
>>9952293

What was in the shopping bag again? I think it was a carton of smokes.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.