[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

modern literature = liberal monopoly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1483685195440.jpg (219KB, 1273x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1483685195440.jpg
219KB, 1273x1024px
Whenever I walk into a bookstore I notice the kind of books that are on display and even the kind of books that they carry altogether are exclusively leftist-approved. I can't just browse the shelves and find something interesting because as soon as I flip a book over to the back, some Washington Post cuck or Lena Dunham is raving about it. Even the subject matter and the language of most novels today oozes with leftist bullshit. It seems you can't find good literature unless you read /lit/'s archives. How do you fuckers find NEW literature to read? Is anything new worth reading at all? The only new books I've been reading are political ones. Or from authors like Murakami who I can trust will not cuck me. thoughts?
>>
>Reading anything written post 1945
>>
>>9951342
Depends on what you want to read, if you specialize then you'll be good.

If it's worth it, you should read https://www.amazon.com/Apathy-Other-Small-Victories-Novel/dp/0312352190

It's god damned hilarious, but yeah unless you have good friends who read as well it's really good to research the genres and the history and relevance of them and then go through genres. That's how I like to read anyways
>>
>>9951356
1949 is my cut. Mainly because of Mann's Doctor Faustus which I view as one of the last if not the last modernist masterwork to ever be published
>>
File: student_nihilist_ilya_repin.jpg (51KB, 420x540px) Image search: [Google]
student_nihilist_ilya_repin.jpg
51KB, 420x540px
So "now" that /ic/ has gone to shit where is the premiere 4chan board to discuss artwork? Is there any hope at all? Was there any in the first place?
>>
>>9951653
b-b-but beckett...
>>
The arts in general are primarily leftist domain because - reminder - reading literature is escapism. The majority of people don't read to be exposed to inconvenient truths, and those who do are typically actively seeking out material on said inconvenient truth to reaffirm their bias.
>thoughts?
Read history instead.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.