[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best sustained allegories in literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

>Frankenstein's monster as the free market

your turn
>>
Vampires are conservatives
>>
Humbert Humbert as Nabokov
>>
>>9950613
this one hasn't ended yet
>>
wtf was moby dick?
>>
ITT: people who don't know the difference between allegories and metaphors
>>
>>9950622
>>9950622
Melville used to fuck a really overweight girl during college. He lost contact with her and decided to write Moby Dick as an allegory of her.
>>
>>9950628
It's not about metaphors, it's about assigning fucked up allegories that weren't intended by the author.
>>
>tfw you finally realize Slothrop is the personification of Germany
>>
>>9950632
damn melville is my nigga
>>
>>9950628
go on.

enlighten us
>>
>>9950607
vampires are liberals. zombies are conservatives
>>
File: Yeah.jpg (8KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
Yeah.jpg
8KB, 300x279px
Mercerism as christianity and Buster Friendly as post modern Atheists
>>
>>9950596

The Metamorfosis as a reference to hentai addiction.
>>
>>9950596
is this version of frankenstein good?
>>
>>9950628
>it's a makes an arrogant implication episode
>it's a proceeds to enlighten us by drawing an arbitrary unsustainable distinction episode
>it's a gets his ass handed to him over and over becoming increasingly irate and defensive of his pet distinction episode
excuse me if I don't wanna watch this one again
>>
trump as a voldemort
>>
>>9950628
Those first two arent metaphors.
>>
>>9950622
>>9950632
That sperm chapter though, she was thirsty...
>>
the waste land as /lit/
>>
Ignatius Reilly as 4chan
>>
>>9950622
the free market, too
>>
judge holden as the villain
>>
>>9950622
my dick in ur mums bum lmao
>>
kafkas metamorphosis as the alienation in capitalism
>>
the white rabbit as the free market
>>
kant´s noumena as the commodity of the free market
>>
Cthulhu as the giant scary nigger from your neighborhood
>>
[any character who isn't perfectly normal] as the modern man and the horrors of modern capitalism free market capitalist pig alienation
>>
>>9953872
you as the modern man and the horrors of modern capitalism free market capitalist pig alienation
>>
Smerdiakov as me: intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor
>>
File: 1501673552357.jpg (78KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501673552357.jpg
78KB, 640x960px
The nigger as a literal God among men with gigantic dicks and wizard powers
>>
Mephistopheles as the free market
>>
Ornstein and Smough as Communism and the Free Market
>>
>>9953881
Hannibal is the symbol of black men's pride.
Rome is the representation of capitalist white society founded on slaves, on sexual and racial discrimination.
Hannibal's crossing of the Alps is the difficulty for black men to overcome the injustices imposed by the great white devil.
The betrayal of Greeks and Asians is the warning of not trusting the false self-righteous white allies, the latinos and all not-black people.
>>
>>9953886
Faust as the Market Crisis
>>
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde as the free market
>>
>>9950957
My nigga
>>
Nietzsches Übermensch as the free market
>>
>>9953881
Wasn't the Punic culture an offshoot of Mediterranean? Aka white?
>>
>>9954005
Hannibal was actually a Berber, so he is Caucasian not African. Carthage was a mix of Phoenecian semites and Berbers, not black.
>>
>>9954005
>Mediterranean
>White
Stop appropriating our culture you barbaric briton
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.