[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nothing left to write...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Writing Torture.jpg (36KB, 490x350px) Image search: [Google]
Writing Torture.jpg
36KB, 490x350px
So I wanted to start a PhD thesis, but there is pretty much nothing left to write about, right?

Did you ever manage to find a topic and finish it?
>>
>>9949999
>but there is pretty much nothing left to write about
Entirely wrong. The people who believe this nonsense have been memed into thinking that thought is 'done'. They've essentially been memeing this since the 'enlightenment'
>>
>>9950008
Well, you have to look at it from a pragmatic standpoint I suppose.

Every time when I try to find a field of interest for me, that would be worth to analyze without running out of substance or vigor, I discover that dozens of people from universities all over the world have already written on it. Every time.

Don't know about you, but I'm close to giving up at this point.
>>
>>9950071
>pragmatic
Fuck off. Stop being a pseud.
>>
>>9950071
Combine two subjects that have been done in a way that hasn't yet been done
Or just write on the gender roles in x
>>
File: Sasha-Greys-Book-Advice_o_93566.jpg (51KB, 600x805px) Image search: [Google]
Sasha-Greys-Book-Advice_o_93566.jpg
51KB, 600x805px
>>9950094
Sorry I haven't lurked enough. What does 'pseud' mean?

>>9950116
>Combine two subjects that have been done in a way that hasn't yet been done
Professors today are not stupid. We live in a time when a shallow quick google search reveals a plethora of thesis on your individual 'two subjects' and they'll tell you to fuck off right away.

>Or just write on the gender roles in x
Pretty much same situation + it will inevitably be the exact copy of all the other gender thesis, only minimally altered in context of x
>>
>>9950141
Do it on Sasha Grey's literature and compare it to her film career
This would be good for a psychology phd, you could check what she writes but doesn't do and what she does but didn't write about and why could this be
>>
>>9950141
You're insufferably stupid.
>>
>>9950071
You are a fucking moron, that's the biggest obstacle to you getting a PhD.
>>
>>9950275
>>9950319
Care to elaborate, oh wise men of /lit/ ?
>>
>>9950338
Phds are for novel research of innovative ideas that provide something to the academy (in theory). If you cannot come up with something, then you don't get one. Since you cannot come up with a field of research, you're not going to get one and should not get one.

Either that or the gender studies thing.
>>
File: bts armour 6.jpg (47KB, 400x405px) Image search: [Google]
bts armour 6.jpg
47KB, 400x405px
>>9950358
>Either that or the gender studies thing.
LEL good luck with that. I dare you to find anything substantially worthwhile to write some gender shit on that hasn't been done already.

No matter what it is, just search for 'gender roles [X] thesis' or something like that and you'll get at least one hit.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.