[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

Need me some books which contain these elements:

>politics
>psychology
>history
>criminology and detective stuff

Can be fiction/non-fiction or anything. NO GAME OF THRONES.

Also a separate recommendation about books containing occult and magic too. Fiction. Not real.
>>
Politics:
>The Dictators Handbook
Politics and psychology:
>Predisposed
>Our Political Nature
Psychology
>Behave by Robert Sapolsky
I know a few other books but you should be more specific what interests you. Like: intelligence, creativity, mating, cognitive biases, personality, abnormal psychology, religion etc.
History
>War and Peace and War
>The Great Leveler
Not sure if these are of your interest, so look up what they are about.
>>
>>9949319
you've pointed out somewhat right material.
Here's more specific:
intelligence, personality, and abnormal psychology

in history, it should be something like the building of society. A mixture of politics and history like Templars, Cold wars, Crusades Jihads etc. Basically books containing information about the major historical events, that have shaped the world to what it is today.
>>
>>9949289
Basically any latin american novel that perseverates on dictatorships.

The General in His Labyrinth
The Kingdom of this World
I the Supreme
The Feast of the Goat
Autumn of the Patriarch
Reasons of State (Carpentier)
>>
>>9949353
If you want super deep psychology as part of it Feast of the Goat by Llosa and General in his Labyrinth are top tier.
>>
>>9949357
Yep. Super deep psychology.
Also, I would need a few recommendations on the topic of detective/mystery as well
>>
File: 412RTCP3Q4L.jpg (26KB, 326x500px) Image search: [Google]
412RTCP3Q4L.jpg
26KB, 326x500px
>>9949368
Also, not really /lit/ tier but I enjoyed The Man From St. Petersburg and Night Without End by McClean
>>
>>9949348
>intelligence, personality, and abnormal psychology
For personality I've never found a good book. The Big Five personality is what is used and what has the scientific consensus. Some of the traits cluster with political leanings, which the political psychology books above deal with. So I can't suggest anything but a textbook or papers.
For abnormal psychology it depends on what you are interested in. I know a bit about autism and schizophrenia/bipolar/schizotypy. Simon Baron-Cohen is the expert on autism, and there's this which deals:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imprinted_brain_theory
That theory could be proven wrong. I've read a handbook on intelligence, and one on intellectual giftedness, but there is really hardly anything interesting in those.
I do not know any other history books. Try asking this at /his/ too, even the psych stuff.
>>
File: 13477.jpg (122KB, 620x434px) Image search: [Google]
13477.jpg
122KB, 620x434px
tale of sir gaiwan
or beowulf
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.