[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a literary agent? Is it even possible anymore? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

How do I get a literary agent? Is it even possible anymore? I already sent queries 200 times earlier this year, should I just do it again and again?
>>
Go to a convention perhaps
>>
>>9948671
Edit your query letter famalam.

On /t/ there's a Great Courses thread, if you do a little link-hopping you can find the series titled "How to Publish Your Book." Download it, watch it, and pay attention. Pretty solid advice, especially concerning the query letter.

Outside of that, try and get some short stories published. It's a means to an end, but it's also fun to enter contests and do the submission process yourself. Having published a thing or two lends you credibility.

If you're too lazy to do either of these things, you really have no business writing a novel in the first place.
>>
>>9948754
what contests do you submit to? I write science fiction
>>
I got asked to submit an entire manuscript (sent chapters before) to Pegasus Publishing. But I did some digging and found they might charge fees, be a vanity publisher, and so on. Pretty bummed because I had my hopes up, only 19 though
>>
>>9948671
Just accept that you probably suck and should try something else.
>>
>>9949015
Im not sure thats the proper variable for 'quality'
>>
>>9949008
https://www.pw.org/grants

Set genre to sci-fi and search. Start with some stuff that's free/cheap to enter, they usually get fewer entrants and a lower overall level of competition. Work your way up from there.

Above all, EDIT THE QUERY LETTER. If you can't write a 1 page letter well, the agent has no reason to put his/her faith in your 200+ page manuscript.

Also, forgot to mention, agents really only care about 40,000+ word projects. Novellas should just be sent directly to boutique presses.
>>
How do you start getting articles in magazines and the like? Do you just write something that's in their general field and send it to them?
>>
File: 81kenJP01TL.jpg (331KB, 1745x2480px) Image search: [Google]
81kenJP01TL.jpg
331KB, 1745x2480px
>>9948671
READ THIS
then read it again
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.