[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need an analogy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: peter-brueghel-adulatori.jpg (74KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
peter-brueghel-adulatori.jpg
74KB, 440x440px
Sentence is:

"It's simple enough to recognize this and not follow the sentiment like a __ follows __"

An animal or something natural would be preferential.
>>
>bitch
>me
>>
>>9946067
...like the foul smell follows a turd.

...like a pedophile follows a child.

...like your mother follows the tip of my dick.

Got your back, OP.
>>
>>9946067
like a rabbit follows the hole
>>
like a shadow follows the light
>>
like the sound that follows your footsteps
like a motion that follows a feeling
like a go follows a start
like a hangover follows the beers
>>
Like shame follows a nut
>>
>>9946067
like a lit-user follows the twitter of voice of a generation tao lin
>>
>>9946107
like the crack follows a nut
>>
>>9946067
like a hound tracks spoor.
>>
>>9946226
I like it. Thank you.
>>
>>9946226
>>9946236
You're basically saying 'like a hound tracks tracks'.

Try 'like a duckling follows mother' or 'like a fly to a bug-light'
>>
>>9946255
Hm. You can track a track, though, so it isn't that bizarre. I'm open to more suggestions.

>like a fly to a bug-light
Like a moth to light is probably what I had on the tip of my tongue when I made the thread.
>>
The analogy is not needed, nor is the 'enough' or 'it'.

> This is simple to recognise and not to follow the sentiment.
>>
>>9946266
Lol. No.
>>
>>9946277
Not a fan of concision, then?
>>
>>9946265
Yes, but there is a level of redundancy there. How about 'like the tide follows the moon'?

I can tell you're using a contrasting image here. You want something which shows a blind following being subverted, like the bug to the light. It's why I don't think 'like hound tracking spoor' works since its not the same implication.

Like cattle follow ranchers?
Like a mouse in a snake's den?
>>
>>9946306
Or perhaps he's wishing to build upon the metaphor with concision rather than being black and white. Why only be concise if you can be evocative as well?
>>
>>9946255
No. People track tracks. And though that TOO is spoor what a hound traces or 'tracks' is a scent, 'the spoor on the wind.'
>>
>>9946984
Redeemable. But it's still not accurate in context. Like OP said, like a moth to a bulb is what he originally had in mind. It implied correcting oneself from being led astray or from blindly following. A hound on a spoor knows exactly where it's going at.
>>
Gong to need more context, what is the tone you're going for?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.