[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good sites for writers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1499569363647.png (1MB, 702x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499569363647.png
1MB, 702x1000px
Any good online communities to read and write for other people, discuss books and etc?

Wattpad seems so plebian and retarded, but I can't find any other site
>>
they don't exist

best thing to do is find a few people, preferably mentors, that you love talking to about anything under the sun
>>
>>9942107
Nah faggot, I'm the senpai here I don't need any new teacher

I want some place to build a following, I can post stupid shit and artwork on my social media, but I have no place to post the bullshit I write and nobody around me has interest in literature
>>
>>9942081
Seconding this, no idea how am I supposed to build an audience and people on whattpad are fanfic-tier retards
>>
>>9942738
Being sociable. Actually caring to connect to your readers and community.

It fucking sucks, but this is writing for this audience.
>>
>>9942143
Tumblr
>>
>>9942794
So wattpad is the only way to go? Wew
>>
>>9942893
If you wanna write to the teen/YA crowd Wattpad surely helps. But in the end it's all on the same sort of effort you'd have to do anyway in a more traditional route, but with a much more delayed gratification (at least in the platform the comments and community is generally quite open and polite, if anything). Apparently this is what is to be an author in the 21st century, so my thinking is to just get used to it sooner than later.
>>
>>9942802
Do people even read on tumrbrl? Should I just drop my Leviathan analysis or my emo shit and it get a couple of likes?
>>
>>9942081
Source?
>>
>>9942107

I'd have to agree with this.

Most writing sites just have a collection of sub-par failures who are never going to make it, swapping the same old advice around.

Be very careful who you take advice from in writing, like consider who is saying it, what are their credentials, do you actually respect this person's opinion?

As far as gathering a following, on those sites you'll basically just find self published homos who lie about their numbers and genuinely consider themselves successes when their books make $100 in six months.

Also, stay far away from Absolutewrite. That place is full of deluded crazies who pretend to be industry professionals. I mean, most writing sites are, but that one holds the torch.
>>
>>9944189
I don't use much of Tumblr yet as a platform, but they definitely do read there. Apparently it's a matter of finding your crowd in the Tumblr public before trying to drop your shit everywhere, but from what I've seen it happens. I just find it much more geared to the social aspect of it so I've been keeping away so far and trying to find things that focus more on the writing.
>>
>>9942081
Try /lit/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.