[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In interviews, Smith has cited Colin Wilson,[9] Arthur Machen,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

>In interviews, Smith has cited Colin Wilson,[9] Arthur Machen, Wyndham Lewis, Thomas Hardy,[10] Philip K. Dick as influences,[11] as well as Edgar Allan Poe, Raymond Chandler,[12] and H. P. Lovecraft, whose short story "The Colour Out of Space" he read in Christmas 2007 for the BBC Collective website.[13]

does mark e smith have /lit/ taste in lit?
>>
HEY THERE FUCKFACE
>>
I don't know who he is but he has /new age and weird fiction/ taste in /lit/ which is pretty cool

Colin Wilson alone gets him a pass
>>
>>9941651
Singer from British post-punk band The Fall
>>
>>9941624
"any country that can be invaded by the Italians must be a load of crap."

--- Mark E Smith on Ethiopia

he does sound like one of us
>>
>>9941651
What should I read from mr. Wilson ?
>>
File: 53bff1da67ad9.jpg (126KB, 934x624px) Image search: [Google]
53bff1da67ad9.jpg
126KB, 934x624px
>>9941656
>The Fall

Tryhard pseud-shit, limeys are an embarrassment
>>
>>9941931
Colin Wilson is an oddball and you probably shouldn't get too into him unless you like the directions he was himself going. Basically this is a good place to start with him and see if you like him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C-syWXNT9U

Don't be too put off by the Atlantis/Egypt stuff, if that's not your thing. The main thrust of his work is his stuff on consciousness expansion, the unlocking of human potential, and the willful control of "mystic" modes of thought.

If you can't get into that shit, you should still read The Outsider. It's his most famous work and the one that got him (briefly) famous. It was well-received and doesn't have any of the new age stuff.

The Occult and Beyond The Occult are also classic works, also well-received, that introduced generations of people to interesting thinkers "on the margins" of intellectual history.

If for some reason you are really into that shit, he also has similar (usually shorter) books introducing various mystics, poets, etc. I think it's called The Outsider Cycle or something like that. Various decent books on other important figures as well, like Gurdjieff, Rudolf Steiner, etc. Again, that's only if you find a figure like Gurdjieff "important" in the first place.

If you like weird fiction, and especially if you like Lovecraft, definitely just read The Mind Parasites. If you're weird and you love Mind Parasites, read The Philosopher's Stone.

Gary Lachman also has a really good and accessible book on Wilson, and knew him well. Lachman's books are very Wilsonian - accessible, covering major esoteric figures.
>>
>>9941624
Hahahhaha no
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.