[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2268.jpg (46KB, 218x327px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2268.jpg
46KB, 218x327px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9937594
Literally nothing. Delilos writing is so simple you think there is more to it than there actually is.
>>
>>9937594
Dude modernity is weird lmao
>>
Baseball is fun!
>>
>>9937632
That's my gut feeling. Would you recommend reading it, even though it means nothing at all?
>>
>>9937665
White Noise is the same shit but shorter
>>
He meant a lot by it, actually...
>>
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE
>>
>>9937790
Great explanation. A real critic In the making.
>>
God I wish I had the book in front of me but I'll try to go off the dome. I love this book and I'm only halfway. Minor spoilers ahead.

Nick has mentioned Jesuits twice and his wife's name is Marian, and so with the obvious connection to bloom, I've been trying to determine why she cheated. Cuckolding in literature is just about so damn prominent that it's almost driving me insane in my own relationship, and if I wasn't like Petruccio I'd off myself. Anyway, the fact that Nick cheated on her first was sort of enlightening. Then there's Brian, the man who Marian is cheating with, who says not to be sensible (to end a certain passage, which DeLillo does oftenly and poignantly to capture a point). In order to teach his son this he gets his son the worst smelling, feeling condoms. But yeah, "not being sensible," made me feel better about living in this modern world. I loved white noise for telling us to get closer to nature (the violent shooting scene in the hotel doing it for the MC), and here in underworld I love Manx loving the crowd that's waiting for the baseball game. There are so many lines and paragraphs I have underlined and annotated-- this book is a gold mine.
>>
>>9937871
this is the type of response the question deserves
>>
>Mao II
>predicts rise of terrorists and crowd mentality

>White Noise
>chemical disasters and consumerism

>Libra
>Literaly predicts Kennedy gettin shot

SOMEONE STOP HIM.
>>
>>9937665
Yeah it's great and beautifully written. I read it all, and didn't walk away with much to mull-over, but it was worthwhile. He's a master of prose!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.