[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to take a course on Victorian Lit., and my professor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1425940463414.jpg (51KB, 329x432px) Image search: [Google]
1425940463414.jpg
51KB, 329x432px
I'm about to take a course on Victorian Lit., and my professor just emailed me the list of books that we're going to read for the quarter; no explanations or introductions included, just a list.

There are eight novels here. Is she expecting me to attend the first day of class having already read all of these?
>>
No but maybe the first one. I imagine it'll be a book a week.
>>
>>9937558
No, those are just the books you'll be reading over the course of the semester.
Here's a more valuable response: learn to stop being a sperg who is too backwards to email his prof with a question. You'll get more out of your education that way.
What books are on the list?
>>
>>9937558
Should give us that list, senpai.
>>
>>9937579
This. And give us her email address and name.
>>
>>9937577
Yeah OP, professors get emailed the dumbest shit every day so your one question isn't going to be an issue.
>>
File: 1_pjqr6EibMsnGA0zy0t6ypQ_1_.png (2MB, 2000x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1_pjqr6EibMsnGA0zy0t6ypQ_1_.png
2MB, 2000x1169px
>>9937577
>>9937579
>>9937587
Jekyll and Hyde
The Importance of Being Earnest
Wuthering Heights
The Chimes
Hard Times
A Study in Scarlet
Hard Times
Vanity Fair

This is going to be a hell of a quarter, but I'm excited for it.

>>9937577
I already emailed her, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. That's why I bothered to make this thread. I'm already on top of the whole "befriend your professor" deal, so don't worry about it.
>>
>>9937716
>three Dickinsons
>no Thomas Hardy

Shit course desu
>>
>>9937733
*Dickens'
>>
>>9937716
That's a shitload of pages, so be prepared to read for at least an hour every day for just her course. Anyway, just get her syllabus or go to the uni bookstore, grab the editions she uses (unless you already have some: then take them in and see if she figures they'll do). Reread Hyde before first class, and you're ready to go.
>>
>>9937716
>No Middlemarch

DROPPED
>>
>>9937716
>Hard Times
Why is this counted twice?
>>
>>9938643
>just get her syllabus or go to the uni bookstore, grab the editions she uses

Syllabus yes, but do not spend money on any of this until/unless you have to OP (for Intros etc.). All that stuff is public domain
>>
>>9938669
The professor had it written twice on her email as well. It's either some shit attempt at humor, or a way to emphasize that Dickens is very important to the course.

>>9938643
College bookstores are an absolute money trap. I checked their copies, and they charged retail for them. I can just go to a used bookstore and get all of these novels for <$10, if I looked hard enough. My college is charging $22 for a single copy of Wuthering Heights alone; fuck that place.

>>9938687
She actually sent along links to libgen pages for each of the books. I don't like reading off of screens, so I'm opting for physical copies.

>>9937733
>>9938660
There's a Victorian Lit. I and II at my college. Those novels will probably come up at the next level.
>>
>>9938660
That's funny. I was thinking 'what an easy list' when reading this. In my undergrad Vic lit course we had 6 novels prescribed but most all tomes. The only Dickens was Dombey and Son. The only match here Vanity Fair. We also read Middlemarch, Jane Eyre and Tess. Tons of poetry (we read The Ring and the Book!) and a fair amount of prose including Ruskin's Unto this Last and Pater's Renaissance. Less Vanity Fair, I could read this meager 'course load' in less than a week. I suppose times have changed. Also, if youre going to read an obscure Dickens xmas novella, select the Haunted Man, not The Chimes!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.