[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good resources on how to write and get better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: typewriter.jpg (183KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
typewriter.jpg
183KB, 500x333px
Any good resources on how to write and get better?
>>
reading good writing
>>
>>9936312
My Mom is really good at critiquing my work, if you want I can ask her to look at yours
>>
>>9936366
Could you ask her to look at this growth on my left ballsack?
>>
>>9936353
>>
>>9936353
you know this is always an obvious response to the question, and i know that this is greatly simplifying it, but it's becoming increasingly hard to believe that just absorbing, understanding, and enjoying good writing will inherently improve someone's ability to craft it themselves. it will improve someone's vocabulary and their prose with it for sure, but the ability to craft a compelling narrative, to put all the little pieces together, isn't something that someone can just absorb.
>>
>>
>>9936377
that would be your right ballsack from the sound of it
>>
>>9936404
>but the ability to craft a compelling narrative, to put all the little pieces together, isn't something that someone can just absorb.

Yes, that part takes practice. You become good at it by doing it.
>>
>>9936312
>good resources
That's a trap. And a distraction, like self help books.
Just write
Everyday.
Some people find it helps to have a set time, say 2 hours everyday in a writing chair writing, others use other methods, but seriously just write. A lot.
Write short stories before you try to write novels,
>>9936312
and this also helps.
>>
File: Monkey_on_typewriter.jpg (12KB, 269x178px) Image search: [Google]
Monkey_on_typewriter.jpg
12KB, 269x178px
>>9937094
He might want some information on how to write before spending time on practice. Practice makes permanent and all that.
>>
>>9937114
Like what? Just read more if you don't know how to write. You learn by doing
>>
>>9937128
Well, in that case, you're just having a case of monkey see, monkey do. You are mimicking writers that you deem to be good writers, but not knowing WHY it's good. It's like learning how to build a house by watching engineers build it, but not going over to ask them why they do certain things.

And for the resource thing, I'm not really sure, I was waiting for someone to dump a ton of resources that I could read.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.