[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some /lit/ approved plays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3241.jpg (86KB, 700x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3241.jpg
86KB, 700x458px
What are some /lit/ approved plays?
>>
>>9935561
The History of the Devil, by Clive Barker.

> "do you want to put down those sticks?"
>>
>>9935561

Tyrone Guthrie was a genius, so anything he touched was gold.

But it's really too broad a question, since theatre goes back for a long ass time. Starting with the Greeks is never a bad suggestion. If you want something more recent, I really dig August Osage County and Doubt
>>
>>9935561
Jet de Sang by Antonin Artaud
>>
>>9935561

honestly you should start with Shakespeare instead of the Greeks, you'll enjoy it more

also:

Faust (both parts)
The Importance of Being Earnest
Galileo by Bertolt Brecht
Our Town
Arcadia by Tom Stoppard
>>
just finished long days journey into the night by eugene o'neil, absolutley fantastic
arthur miller and tennesse williams are great as well
>>
>>9935643
>honestly you should start with Shakespeare instead of the Greeks
Thank you.
The Greek plays honestly seem a bit boring if you go into those with no experience. Made me hate high school theater arts.
>>
>>9935561
>>9935643
these and a bunch of shit by Ibsen and Tennessee Williams
>>
>>9935781
Fuck off.
>>
>>9935826
ex dee?
>>
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead is pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>9935643
>>9935781
I already bought the complete works of the 3 greek tragedy playrights
I've never read a play, am I fukt?
I unironically enjoy reading the bible if that helps shed light in my reading tempermant
>>
>>9935561
The government inspector is pretty great, not essential compared to Shakespeare and Greeks though
>>
>>9936254
You're good bro.
>>
do y'all read your plays or watch them
if you do both which do you do first?
>>
>>9936292

I don't watch actual play productions, but if there's a good movie version I'll watch that.

And I read first, unless there's a film adaptation of a play that hasn't been released as something you can read (Anomalisa).
>>
>>9935781
>>9935643
t. plebs
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.