[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you drink while reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: reading-wine.jpg (472KB, 782x614px) Image search: [Google]
reading-wine.jpg
472KB, 782x614px
Do you drink while reading?
>>
I do everything while drinking.
>>
No I pour wine on my books
>>
>>9934632
Do you drink while drinking?
>>
>>9934627
why would anyone dull his senses during reading, except maybe to be able to tolerate cheap genre fiction?
>>
>>9934627
Not usually because I fall asleep.
>>
>>9934659
>he doesn't have a glass of whiskey when he reads
You're not doing it right.
>>
Nope it fucks the concentration hard. Sometimes when I'm at the end of a book though.
>>
I only drink when drinking
>>
Sometimes I'll drink because of dehydration during long terms of reading. I think it's common in all life forms to hydrate themselves, but what do I know of the extraterrestrials whether they're so similar.
>>
I prefer to smoke
>>
>>9934627

Only caffeine, but then I don't drink alcohol in the first place
>>
I do on the weekends, usually a Scotch, Cognac, or bourbon
>>
>>9934632
this
>>
If I have any more than two units I struggle to concentrate. A single measure of spirit makes me feel a bit more connected to the text though.
>>
>>9934627

Niles: Ooh excellent, excellent. What wine would most enhance the experience?

Frasier: No, Niles. Wine might dull our faculties. Perhaps instead a slow sipping cordial would be the proper garnish.

Niles: Sherry?

Frasier: Armagnac.

Niles: Oh, well see? That's why you're the older brother.
>>
>>9934627
Vodka. Anything else is casual tier.
>>
>>9934627
Water because I'm not a fucking degenerate.
>>
>>9934659
>>9934712
>>9935029
Holy shit you're not supposed to get smashed. Just casually sip a LITTLE BIT of wine and have some cheese on the side or whatever. Not exing the whole bottle.
>>
when i was in my bukowski phase i used to get drunk of cheap beer while reading, had to stop because i got fat
>>
Why would anyone want to drink bitter water?

Anyway I do drink coffee while reading
>>
>>9935181
ahahahah what is this idea of literature
you should love poetry as the salamander in dante
that lives in the fire, but doesn't burn
>>
>>9935181
I'd rather not be a fucking pseud poser. If I want something to get comfy with then it's a cup of tea. I save the booze for socializing.
>>
>>9935646
This.
>>
>>9934659
>he doesn't down a bottle of wine and read shakespeare in an irish accent

what is your life about m8
>>
>he doesn't get 90% of his calories from forties of malt liquor
And you guys say you live the literary life...
>>
>>9934805
Do you have long underwear?
>>
I get hyphy when I read Dorian Gray.
I can fucking relate.
Boutta smash two more pints then finish this book
>>
File: images (9).jpg (18KB, 285x214px) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
18KB, 285x214px
Anyone here eat while reading?
I like to have a big bowl of smoked almonds with me while i read.
Once i ate a whole tin of dolmades while reading chapmans translation of homer
>>
>>9936146
>doritos dusted books
Thats one good reason I stoped lending my books.
>>
Nothing's better to me than drinking good beer and reading
>>
>>9936155
>eating orange extruded corn substitute
Found the problem
>>
Alcohol really screws with my eyesight, so if I want to do some serious reading I avoid the bottle.
>>
>>9934627
No but I smoke cigarretes and occasionally weed
>>
File: gunshow #666.png (649KB, 800x1116px) Image search: [Google]
gunshow #666.png
649KB, 800x1116px
>>9935049
nice
>>
>>9934627
surprisingly, only rarely. And then, only a cuba libre or two.
>>
>>9934627

Not while reading anything important. Casual lit or Hemingway? Sure. Beer, coffee mug of red, a scotch if I can get my hands on it. If I'm reading philosophy or something otherwise intellectual I'll skip the sips.
>>
>>9934627
I drink all the time.
>>
>>9934627
When I read, I read. I don't do anything while reading, it's too distracting.
>>
All of you people take reading too seriously. I love having a few pints and reading. A quiet pub during the day is probably the nicest place there is to read.
>>
>>9935854
\thread
>>
I don't drink while I read very often, but I do love reading after coming home cunted from the bar/party.
Usually pages from books I liked, poetry or montaignes essays.
>>
>>9934632
this
>>
>>9937412
this.
>>
>>9934627
I only drink, I don't read.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.