[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Once and for all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: murakami x2.png (1MB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
murakami x2.png
1MB, 1200x600px
Who is better Murakami?
>>
>>9934533
me on the right
>>
>>9934577
Hi mr Murakami, I love your Norwegian Wood! I want this to be an anime
>>
The one that is not jap john green
>>
Haruki.
Ryu is a poor man's Chuck Palanuik
>>
>>9934583
Stupid baka gaijin. "Anime was a mistake" as good friend of my say. Listen to Jazz instead. Hai.
>>
>>9934637
And haruki is poor man john green
>>
File: tolerate.jpg (130KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
tolerate.jpg
130KB, 539x960px
>>9934643
I'm happy you are posting here and not on /a/, my yellow friendo.
>>
Haruki just because he can maintain an aesthetic without being a complete edgelord. They're both middlebrow.
>>
I'll go with Ryu.
I liked In the miso soup.
Couldn't get past the first 20 pages of hard boiled wonderland
>>
my favourite is jackie 4chan
>>
>>9934795
>be a respected aging actor
>still use the -chan suffix
what's wrong with him?
>>
>>9934795
except he came from 8ch
>>
File: jackie 4chan.png (42KB, 656x643px) Image search: [Google]
jackie 4chan.png
42KB, 656x643px
>>9934804
i'm talking about pic related. our new overlord. aka "hiroshima nagasaki".

>>9934807
4chan supercedes 8ch so he's 4chan now
>>
>>9934817
I know what you are talking about, just wanted to make a small unfunny joke
>>
probably the one I haven't read
>>
File: lit meme.jpg (379KB, 1654x858px) Image search: [Google]
lit meme.jpg
379KB, 1654x858px
>>9934859
ah... ah yes

*snorts cryptically*
>>
>>9934637
>be naturalist
Hurr durr edgelord. I guess Baudelaire and Zola are edgelords for you too, snowflake?
>>
What do you guys think of the English translations of Murakami's books? I'm taking a class right now with the dude who's the main translator of his and I kinda wanna ask him some questions but I haven't read any Murakami besides Kafka
>>
>>9934533

Ryu wins.
>>
ryu being good is a worse meme than haruki being good but they're both posercore
>>
>>9935832

Ask him how much sideways pussy he got while living in Japan.
>>
>>9934533
Why do people talk so bad about the 1Q84 Muraki?!
WHY ANONS?
>>
>>9935832
Wait, you fucking faggot. You're taking a translation class with fucking Jay Rubin? He's probably my favorite translator along with Rabassa; suck his dick for me.

And ask him what he thinks about Murakami as an author and a person and then make a thread about it. Or give me a throway e-mail, I dunno. Either way, you're pretty fucking lucky, anon.
>>
>>9936035
Nah, Philip Gabriel. Sorry to get your hopes up anon
>>
>>9934644
honestly this isn't wrong but haruki is still comfy as fuck. and let's be real, john would be too if his prose wasn't so insufferably juvenile
>>
Who is more likely to get nobel award
>>
>>9936546
David Bowie
>>
>>9936295
Who knew that after genesis, Peter Gabriel would translate Japanese novels
>>
the pleb murakami is the best murakami
>>
>>9936295
>13 hours ago
Anyway, Philip Gabriel is still pretty fucking good. What's he like as a teacher and a person?
>>
>>9935853
>Why do people talk so bad about the 1Q84 Muraki?!
Becuase that was the book that came out right before the cusp of his popularity, so it was heavily marketed and the bookstores had a huge section for it, so everyone saw it because the copies would take up an entire shelve, hard to miss 3 feet of alll the same book, so everyone was aware of it
>>
Bumping the Murakami famyli
>>
>>9934743
As someone who read it recently, you really should muster through Hard boiled wonderland. I didn't like it too at first, but I stuck with it and I'm grateful I did. The payoff for the first chapters is great once you realise what's going on.
>>
>>9941355
But I don't want to.
I don't see any payoff unlike with other books I need to get the hang of.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.