[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why I should think the Q Gospel is real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (243KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 1600x1600px
Tell me why I should think the Q Gospel is real
>>
There's pretty obviously some source of quotes due to commonalities in the synoptics outside of known texts.
>>
I've just seen a picture related to it and some guy just mentioned it, so I'm sure it's real.
>>
Can I get a quick rundown on what the hell the Q Gospel is and why you are skeptical
>>
>>9933981
It's just a proposed solution to the synoptic problem. The existence of sayings gospels like the Gospel of Thomas shows that non-narrative gospels did exist. One of the claimed strengths is that it doesn't require Matthew or Luke to depend on each other, so there isn't a need to explain their many differences as they would have been written independently. A weakness is that there's no evidence for a unified document that contained all the sayings common to Luke-Matthew but not Mark, but of course it might simply have been lost.

>>9934012
There are hypotheses that Matthew took them from Luke or vice versa. I think a small minority of scholars see Q as a tradition of transmitted sayings rather than its own book.
>>
>>9934022
Q is the hypothetical source of the "double tradition", seen here, passages which are shared between Matthew and Luke but not the other gospels.
>>
>>9934022
the verbal agreement between Matthew and Luke is so close in some parts of the double tradition that the most reasonable explanation for this agreement is common dependence on a written source or sources. Even if Matthew and Luke are independent (see Markan priority), the Q hypothesis states that they used a common document. Arguments for Q being a written document include:

>Sometimes the exactness in wording is striking, for example, Matthew 6:24 = Luke 16:13 (27 and 28 Greek words respectively); Matthew 7:7–8 = Luke 11:9–10 (24 Greek words each).
>There is sometimes commonality in order between the two, for example the Sermon on the Plain and Sermon on the Mount.
>The presence of doublets, where Matthew and Luke sometimes each present two versions of a similar saying but in different context, only one of those versions appearing in Mark. Doublets may be considered a sign of two written sources, i.e., Mark and Q.
>Luke mentions that he knows of other written sources of Jesus' life, and that he has investigated in order to gather the most information
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.