[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of Nassim Nicholas Taleb's books are essential must-reads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Taleb_mug.jpg (128KB, 793x776px) Image search: [Google]
Taleb_mug.jpg
128KB, 793x776px
Which of Nassim Nicholas Taleb's books are essential must-reads?
>>
>>9932473
He has his niche. If his concerns approximate your own then all. Black Swan is his most literary, however.
>>
Black Swan and Antifragile. Anti is his best work IMO. Black Swan is still good.
>>
His Twitter. Don't bother with the books.
>>
Oh he's the black swan, dude. My friend who reads nothing but self help and pop-psych books enjoyed that.

Try not to be on his level, OP.
>>
>>9933311
Great numbers. Then in his general reading- or among his books- Taleb's Black Swan is itself a black swan. It's a fine book, anon.
>>
Fooled by randomness
>>
Just pick a random one from the library - or - read his chapters available online for Skin In The Game
>>
>>9932473
I started with Antifragile, and have now read Fooled by Randomness and Black Swan. It seems his later books give a brief summary of the content in the previous ones, enough that you don't have to read the previous book to understand how they relate to the new one. So I would read Antifragile and see how much the concepts interest you.
>>
All of them in order.
>>
You could just read his bibliography in the books to see how he came up with nothing and merely dumbed down already known concepts in finance for an audience of BASED populist intellectuals who hate academics! Means you get to skip his boring digressions into his life, and risible philosophical insights. But, reading the bibliography material is good.
>>
All of them
>>
Call him an arab, I dare you!
>>
Antifragile is the only one you need to read. In his own words each one of his books is basically a rehash of the older books touching on the same general subject, but with ever broadening and deeper perspectives. You could just wait until Skin in the Game comes out.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.