[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is literature a hobby for only high IQ people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: flanders-14.jpg (20KB, 480x351px) Image search: [Google]
flanders-14.jpg
20KB, 480x351px
Is literature a hobby for only high IQ people?
>>
>>9931183
For some, sure.
>>
There's bad literature, too, though. I find that women read more than anyone I know, and they all read trash.
>>
>>9931192
>not having a girlfriend who's a Proust scholar

kek
>>
>>9931183
not at all. read what you love, fuck the literati communists trying to beat you down with empty erudition. it's so easy to get lost in bad vibes of shitty people that you forget the joys of literature or hobbies like it.

some take it more seriously as a livelihood, but if you're not trying to craft the human experience in print or what the fuck ever, then mere pleasure can suffice as a reason to enjoy dem books boi.
>>
File: EbqC1et.jpg (586KB, 1000x3102px) Image search: [Google]
EbqC1et.jpg
586KB, 1000x3102px
>>
File: Ul66q7p.jpg (40KB, 429x284px) Image search: [Google]
Ul66q7p.jpg
40KB, 429x284px
>>9931207
kys
>>
>>9931207
Switch music and sports and this is absolutely correct
>>
>>9931183
media consumption isn't a hobby friend. Sorry
>>
>>9931183
Have you ever read half the shit that is fantasy? Good joke bro.
>>
>>9931183
No, have you seen /lit/?
>>
>>9931262
>implying /lit/ even reads
>>
>>9931183
Nope, I'm a dumbass but I like reading
>>
>>9931207
theatre should be higher than literature
>>
>>9931183
Depends. A lot of intelligent people who read tend to read certain types of literary fiction and nonfiction. I'm not necessarily saying that anyone on /lit/, including myself, is intelligent for reading those books.
However, adding on to what >>9931192 said, most people who read, read trash. Just take a look at the New York Times Bestseller list. A lot of guys I know don't read, but if they do read, they read some generic genre fiction. A lot of girls read trashy romantic/erotic books. There are also many people in their early-to-mid twenties who still read YA novels.
>>
>>9931378
I read exclusively horror literature.
>>
>>9931183
it is for +1 to +2 sigmas, physics is for the +3 sigmas and beyond
>>
>>9931183
IQ doesn't mean shit. You can learn to appreciate and analyze literature just like you can learn how to understand and mend a car engine
>>
>>9931183
Depends on the literature and what they take away from it.
>>
>>9931224
This. Reading is enjoyable and worthwhile, but not a hobby.
>>
>>9931207
>video games
>55

55 is literally retarded. there's no way this is accurate.

What this graph fails to account for is that IQ scores are distributed across the population as a bell curve. Instead of just ordering the IQ of these hobbies by linear increments, they should be mostly grouped around 100, differing slightly at the top and bottom by a couple standard deviations.

(The only reason I went this ape is because it listed sources at the bottom)
>>
>>9931207
>sports at 113
Someone needs to step out into the real world.
>>
>>9932282
>hurr sources
>daiquentin

please, please, please just go back
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.